I am thinking of upgrading to a 980x (do lots of x264 encoding). I recently got this i7 920 D0 chip about 3-4 months ago. I have been running it at @ 3.8Ghz (1.21-.122 vcore).
It does 4.0Ghz at about 1.25 and that is as far as I have pushed it (only for a day or so) so it hasn't seen more than 1.25 vcore. It has also never been pushed above 80 degrees C.
It's a retail CPU, the retail HSF has never been used.
What would be a fair asking price?
It does 4.0Ghz at about 1.25 and that is as far as I have pushed it (only for a day or so) so it hasn't seen more than 1.25 vcore. It has also never been pushed above 80 degrees C.
It's a retail CPU, the retail HSF has never been used.
What would be a fair asking price?
Last edited: