rampantandroid
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 14, 2006
- Messages
- 1,962
Hi all,
Looking at my temps for my i7 920 that's at stock settings using HW Monitor, while running Prime95 with in place FFTs; My temps hit max 60/58/57/54 - this is the CORE temps, so when I put those temps there, I mean 60 for core 1, 58 for core 2 and so forth.
This is with a TRUE-120 that has a single fan on it, nothing special fan wise. I can look at the brand then.
Do these temps seem high for a fan with medium airflow, no OC? I've been eyeing an H70 or something, and I'm curious if that move would be worth it, or if I've done something wrong? The thermal paste is AS5 and has been on the CPU for probably 2 years now.
Closing P95 drops Core 0 down to 45C instantly, and then the cores all finally cool down some - I'll update in a few minutes with the final idle temps in Windows.
Edit: Idle is at 40/39/39/36
Thanks!
Looking at my temps for my i7 920 that's at stock settings using HW Monitor, while running Prime95 with in place FFTs; My temps hit max 60/58/57/54 - this is the CORE temps, so when I put those temps there, I mean 60 for core 1, 58 for core 2 and so forth.
This is with a TRUE-120 that has a single fan on it, nothing special fan wise. I can look at the brand then.
Do these temps seem high for a fan with medium airflow, no OC? I've been eyeing an H70 or something, and I'm curious if that move would be worth it, or if I've done something wrong? The thermal paste is AS5 and has been on the CPU for probably 2 years now.
Closing P95 drops Core 0 down to 45C instantly, and then the cores all finally cool down some - I'll update in a few minutes with the final idle temps in Windows.
Edit: Idle is at 40/39/39/36
Thanks!