• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 920 Batch: 3939B078

Gensou

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
344
Microcenter wouldn't let me choose a batch, got stuck with this batch number.
Anyone have this batch number?
I'm not sure but I think this must be the worst B Batch i7 ever. I haven't installed it yet.
 
Not true. With most D0 steppings, the B is actually the better one.
 
Batch 3939B108 here, running 3.7ghz at 1.25v, 185 bclk x 20 multiplier.
 
Just got a 3939B234 from the Egg for my GF (well it's mine if it OC's higher than my current one). I'll post back results when I get a chance to throw it together.
 
Haha, you haven't tried it but is must be the worst ever? Negative much? :p
Yeah, I'm a bit of a pessimist. :p

Just got a 3939B234 from the Egg for my GF (well it's mine if it OC's higher than my current one). I'll post back results when I get a chance to throw it together.

Alright, thanks. I'm looking forward to your results. I heard that the closer the last 3 digits on the batch are to 000 the better. We'll see.
 
I got mine running at 4.0 Ghz with roughly the same settings as in my sig. My GF needed the computer up and running for work, so I haven't had time to really try for more speed or less voltage.
 
How can you possibly know that this is the worst batch ever if you haven't even installed it. Each chip overclocks differently, so give it a try. My C0, for instance, overclocks well relative to other C0s that I have seen from the same batch.
 
I believe I just picked up one of these, the manufacturing date is september something right? My chip's pretty solid, it can't quite do 3.4ghz at one volt, but it's pretty close (put to 1.05 though I could probably get 1.03 or so stable). Don't remember what voltage I had when I had it at 4ghz, blew out my powersupply after a few minutes so I had bigger problems.
 
Yeah, I wouldn't put much stock in batch #. At least as much or more than I would stepping. You not going to be able to conclude anything until you actually play with it yourself. I've seen i7s from the same batch get very different OC results. I think it's crazy to see people trade out a 920 for another batch or stepping. My C0 does 3.8 easily, I'm happy enough with that. I also think the mobo is more responsible for a good OC than the CPU.
 
Last edited:
Are you guys that are failing around 3.4 to 3.6 100% sure your setting your Unicore Frequency correctly? cause thats about the speed it craps out if you don't do it correctly.

Unicore Frequency = (Always 2x memory Multi or 2x +1, 2x +2, ect) in other words as close to 2x as selectable. NEVER Auto on overclocking.
 
Are you guys that are failing around 3.4 to 3.6 100% sure your setting your Unicore Frequency correctly? cause thats about the speed it craps out if you don't do it correctly.

Unicore Frequency = (Always 2x memory Multi or 2x +1, 2x +2, ect) in other words as close to 2x as selectable. NEVER Auto on overclocking.

Yes, I know. My memory is 2:8.
 
have you tried upping the QPI PLL vcore? mine kept failing LinX until I raised it to around 1.25v. now I can hit 4ghz @ 211 x 19 on 1.3 cpu vcore.
 
Back
Top