• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i5 power usage?

Valnar

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 3, 2001
Messages
4,562
I'm building a server and will probably buy a dual-core i5 CPU because I want to keep power usage low. However, it's my understanding that power savings features are so well optimized, that I could buy a quad-core and have the idle power usage be the same...... or at least that is what I've surmised from a couple web sites.

Any truth to that? Has anyone compared the idle power usage from a i3 or i5 processor whether dual or quad core?
 
My i7 system was 5 watts more usage than my old core2 duo according to my kill-a-watt.
 
Back
Top