• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i5 750 - My overclock

kirbster

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 24, 2000
Messages
2,585
Set her up last night and already running stable @ 4GHZ under a Zalman CNPS10X Performa.. This has to be my easiest overclock ever.
Read a few guides on the net and boom....Unbeleivable!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
 
I have mine at 3.4 with an arctic cooling pro which is a real POS cooler. Yes, it OC's very easy :p
 
What temperatures are you getting?

Under load right now (OCCT small data set) 1.39V. cores are all around 68-69C.
 
man! i want to get on the i5 4.0ghz bandwagon! but i cant get up there... i iwsh i could have someone come do it for me... ive entered in all the specs i can find but ill still get a crash at 4.0... i almost wanna have a look at my heatsink and see if its on right:confused:
 
show_oc.php
[/url][/IMG]
 
Got my i5 to 4.0 ghz on a zalman 9500 Gets about high 50's low 60's under load.
 
i cant wait to get some ram so I can see what mine gets up to I have a rocketfish cooler so I dont think the heat temps are gonna be too low but the design on it might lower the temps more than I think
 
Hey Kirbster, what kind of gaming performance do you get with those dual 5750's? I haven't heard of anyone running that particular Crossfire setup before.
 
Running mine at 3.9GHz (21x186) @ 1.245v paired with Cooler Master Hyper 212+. The temperature peaks at about ~72C, so that's why I don't go for 4GHz since higher voltage helps processor to hit 80C under LinX, Prime95. OP, what's your VTT voltage by the way?
 
Just as an aside, at 4.0ghz (1.35v) mine maxes out at 63c for long gaming sessions. This is with a Megahalem and one Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F.
 
I think I am going to be considering an H50 in my future. Maybe when I get a new case down the road sometime.
 
Hey Kirbster, what kind of gaming performance do you get with those dual 5750's? I haven't heard of anyone running that particular Crossfire setup before.

i am happy with them. Benchmarks suggest they are a bit better than a 5850. They seem to scale well. I got a deal on the first one and the second was a birthday gift. So it worked out to a better deal than a 5850 as well.
 
The H50 is nice, especially once you strap identical fans on both sides of the radiator
 
Back
Top