i5 - 2500k

LordLeeCH

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
66
I apologize for putting this here, but I didn't really see a better thread for this.

Wednesday morning, I ordered an i5-2500K, an H80 cooler, and a new 230mm red fan for my Thermaltake Blacx case.

I placed my order at 7 am EST and chose the "rush processing" option for 2.99 more. A week earlier, I did the same thing with an Asrock Extreme4 motherboard and 8 gigs of ram. The previous week, my items shipped on Wed and I received them on Friday.

This time, my order was not processed until 8 pm PST. So the actual pickup did not occur until today.

I called customer service and they refunded my 2.99 rush processing! I was very suprised and very happy. I wanted to share this with the community as most of the time all you hear about are the bad things that customer service does.

On a happier note, I believe I will be happy with my new rig once it is all together::


Thermaltake Blacx ATX case (drive caddy in the top w/230mm fan)
Asrock Extreme4 Motherboard
i5-2500k
8 gig of Corsair xms ddr3 1600
HIS Radeon 6870 (From my previous build)
Antec Gamer 900 Watt ps (from previous build)
Soundblaster X-Fi Fata1ity platinum (from previous build)
2x Kingston Hyperx 3k 120gig SSDs
1xSeagate 1.5 TB
1xSeagate 2 TB ecogreen
1xSeagate 640 gig
1xSamsung SpinPointT 500 gig
1xSamsung DVD burner (w/modded firmware)


Cannot wait for Borderlands 2 :)
 
It's not mentioned, but I'm assumming you are referring to Newegg?

I think you'll be very happy with your new system. :D
 
So you paid for rush processing service, didnt get it, and you are surprised they refunded you for the service they didnt provide? Did you expect them to say "too bad sucker, that is our $3 now"?
 
That system is nice, I got the same proc and gfx card (though I have 2) and it rocks. Wish I had SSD's like you do though lol.
 
So you paid for rush processing service, didnt get it, and you are surprised they refunded you for the service they didnt provide? Did you expect them to say "too bad sucker, that is our $3 now"?

I was pretty sure that was how it worked. I've never gotten refunded on that EVER.
 
I'm running the same modo and CPU right now in my work PC and nothing seems to slow it down. Using two Force GTs instead for SSDs, a GTX480 for GPU acceleration (CS6) and a 9500GT to run the third and fourth screen. Good luck with it, you'll love it!
 
Nice rig dude! My H60 just stopped working, so im on Stock cooling @ 3.4 no OC for now, but i can assure you will be impressed with your OC you can get with good cooling, i got (...had...darn pump....) 1.1Ghz easy as pie! :)
 
I believe their site says that if you order before a certain time and your items don't ship that day, they guarantee the refund of the $2.99.
 
Sounds like you are going to have a nice system. Good luck and enjoy the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K.

For something like missing the shipping pick up time my experience is that they really have not problem with refunding the shipping costs to you.
 
dude 900w whats is overkill even if you went with 2x 6850

He's re-using it from a previous build. Stated that clearly. Why throw more money at his overhaul for another PSU when he has a perfectly fine one already?
 
So, to answer - yes, it was Newegg.
In my experience, most companies will not give you your 3 bucks back, ever. I was quite suprised.

On another note, UPS is pretty horrible.

I contacted them today to see if I could expedite my shipping by picking up my items. I was told that even though the items are on a truck in Louisville Ky, I will have to wait until they get to Lexington Ky to pick them up.

However, that is not what she said. She said "you will have to wait until your package arrives to pick it up." REALLY?!?! So I was a douche about it - "so you're saying I can pick it up when it get to my house?"

When I rechecked my tracking status, she had added more time on to it. Before I called, my status showed 1 day remaining - deliver on the 20th. Now it shows delivery date is the 21st, before the end of the day.
 
Btw, that 900w PS was on sale for $99.00 - I could have gotten the 750w version for $110.00 at the time. Seemed like a no-brainer to me.
 
I was pretty sure that was how it worked. I've never gotten refunded on that EVER.

It's amazing what you get if you call them and ask :p

I have found Newegg to be surprisingly accommodating, but if you have an issue, you have to actually call and talk to someone.
 
Yea, like I said. The amazing part was the fact that they actually cared enough to give back my 2.99. I have dealt with other companies that told me I was just s.o.l. for any help. Even a large Nvidia reseller that begins with an E has gotten me a few times on shipping.
 
Yea, like I said. The amazing part was the fact that they actually cared enough to give back my 2.99. I have dealt with other companies that told me I was just s.o.l. for any help. Even a large Nvidia reseller that begins with an E has gotten me a few times on shipping.

Yep,

When I ordered a video card from Newegg about a year ago, it arrived messily packaged (inside box), tape was removed from where it belonged (holding fan still) and placed on the side, among other things. It pretty much gave me the impression of it having been used prior to me receiving it.

So I contacted them about it. They immediately offered me either an RMA or to refund a portion of the cost (essentially turn it into a retroactive "open box" sale), and let me choose.

Since I already had it installed, and it seemed to be working, I accepted the partial refund and was happy!

I don't know why some are saying that Newegg has taken a step back in customer service. I've been ordering from them since probably ~2001 or so, and have always been happy with their customer service, now and then.

I always check out Newegg first when I need to order something for this reason. Sometimes - but rarely - I'll also order from Amazon, or buy locally at MicroCenter.
 
so...we have amazon prime... stuff gets here with a quickness (2nd day)

and sorry newegg...but 90% of the time amazon has been beating them on price


so..free two day shipping and cheaper..... yeah... I've been ordering more stuff from amazon lately.


oh and i have had a i5-2500K for awhile now I think you will be pleased indeed.
 
Back
Top