Edit: have another question.
After getting my overclock stable at 4.5ghz and everything seemly running fine Iv noticed my computer doing something weird. When I turn on the computer with the power button it will start up (all fans and lights power up ) then quickly shut down again ( before post) and then restart post and log into windows without issue. Anyone have an idea why its doing this?
Iv ran IBT for a few hours with max stress and played some games all weekend without any crashes.
Hey all, this is my first time doing any amount of overclocking and I have some questions about prime95 with testing my overclocks.
Currently Iv tried to set ups, having it run at stock (3.3ghz) with 1.15vcore which seems to be fine and 4.5ghz with 1.3vcore. However when running prime95 it would seem to run fine unless I opened something else say firefox? Am I not allowed to run anything else when prime95 is testing?
Iv since left the clock at 4.5ghz with 1.3vcore and played battlefield 3 fine for hours with temps only hitting around 52-57ish, so should I push it further? Should I try and lower the vcore while staying at 4.5?
Thanks all
TL/DR Is prime95 to be run exclusively?
After getting my overclock stable at 4.5ghz and everything seemly running fine Iv noticed my computer doing something weird. When I turn on the computer with the power button it will start up (all fans and lights power up ) then quickly shut down again ( before post) and then restart post and log into windows without issue. Anyone have an idea why its doing this?
Iv ran IBT for a few hours with max stress and played some games all weekend without any crashes.
Hey all, this is my first time doing any amount of overclocking and I have some questions about prime95 with testing my overclocks.
Currently Iv tried to set ups, having it run at stock (3.3ghz) with 1.15vcore which seems to be fine and 4.5ghz with 1.3vcore. However when running prime95 it would seem to run fine unless I opened something else say firefox? Am I not allowed to run anything else when prime95 is testing?
Iv since left the clock at 4.5ghz with 1.3vcore and played battlefield 3 fine for hours with temps only hitting around 52-57ish, so should I push it further? Should I try and lower the vcore while staying at 4.5?
Thanks all
TL/DR Is prime95 to be run exclusively?
Last edited: