i1D3 Calibration

xyeLz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 16, 2011
Messages
134
I'm a virgin calibrator having some issues.

I have an X-Rite NEC custom i1 Display Pro and I am trying to calibrate my PA241W. For some reason calibrating in the preset "Photo Editing" makes is quite dark, which is fine.

However, calibrating in sRGB for gaming makes it look like it has a riddish tint (especially when comparing to the U2410 next to it). Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?
 
Yes you are, you must return it!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

Photo editing is 140 cdm/2, d65 white and 2.2 gamma I believe, with "full" set as the gamut.

If you hit the "tool" icon next to the list box that shows "Photo editing" as your target, you can edit the brightness setting from 140 cdm/2 to higher, like 160cdm/2 as well as gamut and use custom gamma curves. If you like dark games, the L Star or sRGB gamma under the "custom curve" button work well.

If you want to use sRGB change the gamut to sRGB and save it with a new name like "160cdm2 sRGB gamut photo editing" or something like that. Experiment as much as possible, it's kinda fun in a weird and geeky way.

You can also use the Colorimeter Window under the Tools menu to see what the color temp of your U2410 is. Check "continuous reading" and drag it over to your U2410 at the centre and place the colorimeter over it to take a reading of the white color temperature on the U2410. If you prefer that white to the PA241W you can also take note of the U2410's white color temperature and match that in your "target" settings in SV II.

Keep in mind, the more you deviate from the "native" white color temperature you will see a small, marginal loss of contrast. This is normal.

Hope that helps.
 
How big of a difference would I notice with a hardware calibration versus a "calibrate by eye"?
 
Back
Top