I wonder if China would let me borg this supercomputer!

Good luck playing Crysis with it though :)

Is it true that to take advantage of super computing power, you have to spend hundreds of thousands to millions to specially design software that runs on them?

Good luck playing Crysis with it though :)

Is it true that to take advantage of super computing power, you have to spend hundreds of thousands to millions to specially design software that runs on them?

yep, super computers aren't plug and play. lol ya have to specifically design the software to take access of multiple GPU's spread out over multiple systems, same with the cpu's.

... and no way in hell do I want to install nor manage 7,168 instances of the GPU client. :eek:

580mppd if you could manage 7,168 GPU clients and 7,168 bigadv rigs. The most impressive part is that each GTX 470 equivelent is in a dual hex system running at 3GHZ

so whos going to fly to china and get it for 24 hours? :D

... and no way in hell do I want to install nor manage 7,168 instances of the GPU client. :eek:

depending on the software they are using and if they were actually using cards that could fold(they aren't) then you may only have to install it once and then the software would replicate it across all cards. but again none of these gpu's could fold anyways because they aren't supported.

but again none of these gpu's could fold anyways because they aren't supported.
The M2050 is just the workstation version of the GTX470. It might actually fold, there are many Tesla cards that fold just fine.

If you could average 14k PPD per card, you could pull about 100,352,000ppd!! :eek::eek::eek:

Back