I was sent a dirty blanket and an old speaker from Akademik7 instead of 2 7800 GTXs

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I had to cash a $350 money order I was *required* to show ID at my Post Office, I remember this because I left my wallet in the car and had to go out to get it.

I imagine the excuse for this will be, "My brother looks like me and had my wallet so he could put the money in it"

Keep it to helpful suggestion and the personal comments off :)

Im goin to lock this again and if new info arises it will be opened back up

If the parties involved need to post something Let a mod know and it will be unlocked to post :)

UPDATE 7/21/05

He has not been returning phone calls to either of them.

1. Thanks for reopening it but why do you lock it? Honestly there are comments like the ones you "dislike" in all other troll threads on here.

2. I'm also involved in this. Me and Czyaznman went half-and-half on the $600 he scammed him out of. So it's really that he scammed him out of $300, and me out of $300 as well. I have yet to receive anything. Me and Steve (SS) had a discussion on the phone with Mr. Sealey (Akademik) on the phone today (he finally picked up after I aimed him that Steve is already at the post office about to file the Mail Fraud) and basically got no where. He kept making lame excuses and dodging my questions - Such as why he cashed the money order before he sent out the cards and not simaultaneously. He replied that he spent it all on shipping which I really couldn't quite understand first his brother took it now he spends the $1400 on shipping...mmm...Another problem is that I really doubt he's going to payback/cooperate. I insisted that he should list some of the stuff he has around the house forsale on here for reasonable prices and ship first to the people, and whatever money he gets out of that, he's pay back to us. He keeps making lame excuses that when he posted it it got locked (this is true) however when we told him to pm the mods, he said he's done so and he's waiting for them to respond...(CDS you may be able to confirm this possibly? - If he's actually talking the truth about contacting one of you guys. He said it was last night). Anyways, I've filed fraud charges already and me and Steve will most likely call his local pd as well to get this thing moving a little faster...

Mail fraud charges have been filed, and all records have been saved. Me/czech/czy will update the thread as things progress. Hopefully akademik will update us on his "progress" in getting back our money, but things seem pretty unlikely at this point.

-Steve

Yup he did PM me but i was out of town til this afternoon.

What about him parting out the system hes tryin to sell and send the parts to the ones that got trolled.

I cant take dredit for that idea. thats all Ice :D

i honestly hope this can be solved, $800 is a lot to loose.
the law authority better clean this up, because that story sounds extremely stupid

BTW did he have heatware? or paypal?

Cold Dark Shadow said:
Yup he did PM me but i was out of town til this afternoon.

What about him parting out the system hes tryin to sell and send the parts to the ones that got trolled.

I cant take dredit for that idea. thats all Ice :D

Well at least he wasn't lying about sending you a PM maybe this could get somewhere, could you reopen his thread I'd post a link to this one and say that he'll be shipping first and also let him explain it to people who'd potentially be interested in this deal.

Lubomir

As of right now his trading practices here are on hold.
Did you give any thought to just taking parts for the value of what he owes from the system hes selling?

Cold Dark Shadow said:
As of right now his trading practices here are on hold.
Did you give any thought to just taking parts for the value of what he owes from the system hes selling?

I don't understand the reasoning of putting his trading practices on hold and not banning him. I asked him about what you suggested, supposedly he'll "deal with the fraud charges" he said it's too late and apperantly it won't benefit him... :rolleyes:

His call...

One of you guys that was ripped off better nail this SOB to the wall!!! Do not let him get away with this :mad:

I tried to tell the OP the day this happened to call the cops immediately without hesistation. Frankly, I am appalled at the way the mods are handling this. Before you know it, word will get around to all the trolls and low-lifes that Hardforurms are the place to rip people off and get away with it:rolleyes:

This reminds me of Jeremy Oliver from last summer :rolleyes:. I really suggest going through with the mail fraud and and police charges EVEN if you are actively trying to resolve the issue with him. His current story is very likely BS, he already seems to be tripping over his initial excuses, and supposedly he won't answer very simple questions, so something is definantly sketchy here. He may just be keeping in contact to comfort you and reassure you that you will receive your money soon, when in reality he is not doing anything and is essentially buying time. In this type of situation, assume nothing (and if you must, assume for the worst) and take action if you want to see your refund.

Good luck.

MX2times said:
Before you know it, word will get around to all the trolls and low-lifes that Hardforurms are the place to rip people off and get away with it:rolleyes:
Too late :(

MX2times said:
One of you guys that was ripped off better nail this SOB to the wall!!! Do not let him get away with this :mad:

I tried to tell the OP the day this happened to call the cops immediately without hesistation. Frankly, I am appalled at the way the mods are handling this. Before you know it, word will get around to all the trolls and low-lifes that Hardforurms are the place to rip people off and get away with it:rolleyes:
..^

Call the cops make a report and go to court. Any conviction will follow him for the rest of his life. We are living in the information age and info sharing is getting bigger and everyone including Schools, Employers, Military, Govt. everyone will see that he has a record even if he is a minor they will see he has a conviction/settlement against him though the exact info may be sealed.

Make this follow him for the rest of his life. Lucky you did'nt fvk me Akademic...I would hound you to enternity and back.

Good Luck you guys I hope you get your money back. I saw that deal and passed on it I really thought it was too good to be true. Man I hate trolls.

I hope money is returned and these bums do jail time.

MX2times said:
Before you know it, word will get around to all the trolls and low-lifes that Hardforurms are the place to rip people off and get away with it:rolleyes:
Already happened.....This place is a joke anymore........

MX2times said:
Oh yes, I forgot that mail fraud was commited since Postal MO's were used. They frown highly upon folks playing them for stupid at USPS and they WILL pursue felony charges against those who commit mail fraud.

Actually its a federal crime since its interstate. Very serious.

maxxo said:
This reminds me of Jeremy Oliver from last summer :rolleyes:. I really suggest going through with the mail fraud and and police charges EVEN if you are actively trying to resolve the issue with him. His current story is very likely BS, he already seems to be tripping over his initial excuses, and supposedly he won't answer very simple questions, so something is definantly sketchy here. He may just be keeping in contact to comfort you and reassure you that you will receive your money soon, when in reality he is not doing anything and is essentially buying time. In this type of situation, assume nothing (and if you must, assume for the worst) and take action if you want to see your refund.

Good luck.

We've already filed the mail fraud charges and are waiting to hear back. How does one file a police complaint?

-Steve

ss284 said:
We've already filed the mail fraud charges and are waiting to hear back. How does one file a police complaint?

-Steve

Just call the cops and they will send an officer to your home who will take a report and they will give you a copy/ or report # for you to use in court

If you call the cops they might just tell you that its a civil matter and not even take a report. Thats what happends to me when i tried to get mine and the guy that ripped me PD involved

Cold Dark Shadow said:
If you call the cops they might just tell you that its a civil matter and not even take a report. Thats what happends to me when i tried to get mine and the guy that ripped me PD involved

Regardless, the calls need to be made:| If his local PD gets three calls indicating this guy is ripping people off (and obviously with the sole intention of doing so) I think the matter will be investigated. Especially considering the circumstances (fake package being sent, high monetary value, etc).

CDS, I am so very disappointed in your approach to this matter. It may not be the mods job or duty to hold hands when it comes to these things, but come on, go above and beyond your "call of duty" and help these guys out. You being a moderator, and also placing a call to the proper authorities will go a long way and you know that.

MX2times said:
CDS, I am so very disappointed in your approach to this matter. It may not be the mods job or duty to hold hands when it comes to these things, but come on, go above and beyond your "call of duty" and help these guys out. You being a moderator, and also placing a call to the proper authorities will go a long way and you know that.

It is the responsibility of each trader to read the rules and Trading Tips for themselves. We have said repeatedly that we have no interest getting involved in members trades. They want a hand to hold, but we aren't going to start supplying one. If they are not happy trading here, then they can leave with no looking back.

Im a mod here to help keep the board in order, not trades. I know that might come off as being an ass but its true. When you trade online you take that risk and you have to except that. I cant help out every single person i get a PM from saying theyve been trolled or a trade didnt go they way they wanted. If someone was taken then Admins step in to remove that person (if they deem worthy of it) from the board but the recovery part is up to the trader. Reffer to rule 0 for a step in the right direction if needs be. Yes, Mods do help gettin the person started in the right direction to get resolution but its really in the traders court to get it done.

Im not sure why members post in threads like this when they have nothing to add in the form of information regaurding the trade or there own experience with the trader.

When the parties involved make contact via a thread like this then the thread is closed stating something like "The parties involved have made contact and should continue do so via private means, if some else comes up PM a mod and we'll reopen it"

Its not a place for members to come in and post "man that sucks" or " what a fucker, hope they catch him/her" or anything that doesnt help in the form of info as stated above. Thats why this thread was closed already and i reopened it because someone had there own experience to post.

Right now people are just repeating what other have already said. Its up to the the trader to take that advice or not.

It seems that the parties involved have been in contact so this thread is now being reclosed so they can handle it themselfs privately. The fate of the accused bad trade is up to the Admins if they deem worthy.

Akademik is now banned as a bad trader. boasist may have more info (from akademik's FS thread):

boasist said:
anyone involved here and being trolled please feel free to PM me to share info, for right now here is the # for the local NYPD

precinct 120 - 1-718-876-8500

I'm going to close this again to prevent further useless comments. If anyone has any more info, please contact CDS or me and we will add it to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back