I was sent a dirty blanket and an old speaker from Akademik7 instead of 2 7800 GTXs

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks & Trolls' started by ss284, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ss284

ss284 [H]ard|Gawd

As seen in this thread here:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=923832

Basically I sent him a $800 dollar money order for two video cards and he mailed me an old speaker in a blanket. Right now I had his address and his cell phone number, but he seems to be ignoring my PMs I'm not too sure what the process is with this kind of stuff. The money order was postal, and it was sent priority mail with signature confirmation. He recieved it on saturday and signed for it. Today I recieved the box via fedex with the junk I previously mentioned.

I'll give him 12 hours to contact me. Hes done local pickup deals in the past without problems, so I dont understand why this is happening now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Steve

2. Crosshairs

Crosshairs Administrator Staff Member

Im not sure of the process either...But I would start with a call to the police.....
    Also, keep all your Emails and PM,s in case they are needed....

3. MX2times

MX2times [H]ard|Gawd

My god...are you serious? Its getting bad with these f***ing trolls :mad:

Pics? I would definitely be documenting every step of this one if I were you.

4. ss284

ss284 [H]ard|Gawd

I'll take pictures of everything soon. I have all the PMs and IMs.

Akad, why are you doing this??

5. =Leefdawg=

=Leefdawg= 2[H]4U

thats y if they are new to the forum or have no heatware u have them send first

i bet he only had one of these cards and he sold the only one he had to

aldy402
    Limp Gawd

Location: Brooklyn, New York bump for a trusted dealer, got my x850xt pe from him about 2 weeks ago

also meeting with him tommorow for another 7800gtx

him because it was local pickup and then he jus lied and said he had more and sold them just to get money and troll someone

6. akademik_7

akademik_7 Bad Trader

Well. I had my brother send out the stuff to you. Because I am very busy lately. After I beat the shit out of him because of your PM Steve he finally told me the truth.

Instead of sending you and Crazyman's stuff he filled the boxes with speakers from his computer setup.

He doesnt even have the money or the cards anymore. So basicly I owe you $800 or 2 7800's and crazy man his card or $$$. Its up2 you guys which you want. But it will take alittle while as I just spend the money I recieved for court stuff.

Dont know what else to say but I will never leave it up2 someone else to send out expensive computer equipment.

Anyway. Sorry but I dont know what to do at this moment and only just used my last bit of money.

Let me know.

7. akademik_7

akademik_7 Bad Trader

Do not post my personal information. It is not available to the public by doing a search. So there for you would be violating privacy and I take that seriously.

8. ss284

ss284 [H]ard|Gawd

Why dont you get on AIM or PM me so we can resolve this.

-Steven

9. MX2times

MX2times [H]ard|Gawd

You suck and thats a BS story pal :mad: He doesnt have the money? YOU are suppose to have the money.

CONTACT TROLLHUNTERS, THE MODS, AND HIS LOCAL POLICE IMMEDIATELY!!!

10. akademik_7

akademik_7 Bad Trader

Im at work. Cant until later today. My cell phone is with my g/f ( she went away for 2 weeks ) and she will not answer any numbers she doesnt recognize so thats why I havent been answering.

Im going back to work now. But let me know what you want to do.

11. ss284

ss284 [H]ard|Gawd

I sent you a PM.

12. AOM

AOM Gawd

I would suggest not selling something that you don't have in your hands in the future. I'm pretty sure I can speak for most that this will hurt your chances of selling/trading on these forums again. Good luck to ss284 in getting this worked out and nice of you to finally reply with some kind of answer akademic_7.

13. akademik_7

akademik_7 Bad Trader

Yeah so ask them to show you pictures or the cards with my name in it. Look in the thread they are they also.

PM soundmax ask him to show you pictures of the evga 7800gtx and the XFX 7800gtx I sold to his friend.

Ask aldy402 to show you pictures of the 850xt pe I sold to him and he recieved.

Ask hall911 HE VISITED MY HOUSE. if he saw any of the equipment I posted.

[edited out un-needed-comments -CDS]

14. MX2times

MX2times [H]ard|Gawd

Red flags were already raised in your original for sale thread, and now this? Come on...give it a rest :rolleyes:

You'll get a much better response by owning up to it NOW!!! Come clean :mad:

15. resident37214

resident37214 Gawd

Aww, afraid because you were contacted by law enforcements? First idiotic sign, http://www.rel.name/, instead of the pictures, the words are "fvck you, rel" are replaced. Forgot to change it back? Im sure your "brother" thinks that he'd get a away by sending a blanket and some speakers :rolleyes:. Not that you'll ever know. :p.

16. resident37214

resident37214 Gawd

its against the rules to post personal info here -CDS

17. akademik_7

akademik_7 Bad Trader

Law enforcement will contact me and I will say the same thing.

You people need to stop assuming things especially about my website. That page as always been there.

The pictures are hosted in a folder. Which are still available. CHECK previous posts and u will see. They never changed.

OBVIOUSLY I ADMITTED TO this stuff happening.

Im doing my best to correct it now.

18. Cold Dark Shadow

Cold Dark Shadow [H]ardForum Junkie

ok they both made contact and are doin so via pm i take it,

ss, if the problem continues, PM and ill open this back up

Also if you have no help OR realitive info to add, then DO NOT post.

EDIT:
    Re-opened for new situation

19. CzYaZnMaN1213

CzYaZnMaN1213 Gawd

I was also trolled so far by Akademik_7. I sent the money order and he has yet to send anything at all. No tracking number, nothing. I've tried to pm him, im him, call him and received no response. I believe he's making alot of excuses, that are not valid. He told me yesterday when I asked for a tracking he said this was his brother. I thought it was bs so I told my friend to IM him and express interest in a video card he's selling and he immediately responded that he has some etc and this was yesterday so some claims as he doesn't have any cards are bs. Well on the otherhand, he probably never had the cards in the first place...who knows.

Thanks.

20. MX2times

MX2times [H]ard|Gawd

The guy is a troll plain and simple folks. Do what you have to do and do it now! He openly admitted fruther up that he is currently in court for whatever reason. It doesnt take a genious to figure out this scam was planned all along. Unless both of you get your money returned right away, I see no reason both of you shouldnt contact the proper authorities. Two folks contacting his local police about the same situation at the same time will surely send them knocking at his door.

Regardless if the "brother" story is true (highly unlikely) the fact remains HE entered into contract with both of you and HE is responsible.

http://www.trollhunters.com/
    http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

The folks over at Heatware can also investigate whether mutliple accounts were setup from one IP, and further investigate claims of false Heatware being posted.

http://www.heatware.com/index.php

21. CzYaZnMaN1213

CzYaZnMaN1213 Gawd

Thanks for the links I've already filed a Mail Fraud Charge with USPS, going to my local post office to file one on Monday in paper. Thanks.

22. MX2times

MX2times [H]ard|Gawd

Oh yes, I forgot that mail fraud was commited since Postal MO's were used. They frown highly upon folks playing them for stupid at USPS and they WILL pursue felony charges against those who commit mail fraud.

23. Jozone

Jozone [H]ard|Gawd

Good luck man, I can imagine what a crappy situation this is... trolls suck.

24. aldy402

aldy402 2[H]4U

WOW I can't believe this, I actually got a great price on a x850xt pe from him and met up with him locally. He actually took the train to meet me at my train station and we basically did the transaction in my car. He was nice and polite, looked like a decent nice guy and did the transaction. Im still very happy with my card and the price I got it for.

I think I actually believe the guy. Give him a chance to return the money before any more dirty accusations go out. Give him a chance to correct things.

25. BigBadBiologist

BigBadBiologist 2[H]4U

Was the MO a USPS MO? If so, report this to the USPS as soon as possible. They will definitely do a full investigation since that would be mail fraud.

26. CzYaZnMaN1213

CzYaZnMaN1213 Gawd

After all this give him a chance? Did you see the PM SS received? The guy "guesses he was wrong" :rolleyes: . Why would you cash the money orders if you know you don't have the goods? Why not just send me my money back? Would I be upset? Yes, but right now I'm angry and yes there's a difference. He'd be really good at writing fiction stories, he seems to have a great imagination with the stories he tells.

27. CzYaZnMaN1213

CzYaZnMaN1213 Gawd

Yup mine was and I already have thank you.

28. Destonomos

Destonomos [H]ard|Gawd

If I sent 800 bucks to someone for my cards and the money was spent and I didn't get any of the cards I would instantly call the post office to start an investigation of mail fraud and then call his local authorities. Mistake or not he did commit a crime and I would try my hardest to get my money back. My last option if everything else failed would be driving to his house (don't care as long as its in the lower 48 because for less then 800 you can drive anywhere in the lower 48) and I would find his house and straighten this out the [H]ard way.

29. davidtran007

davidtran007 [H]ard|Gawd

ok so heres how it went.

i could of bought both cards easily... considering i was the first post on his 2nd 7800 gtx thread. of course anything over 500$ is a big loss.. to me it isnt worth the risk to a guy with zero feedback. im really glad i didnt take the deal. i kept avoiding this deal as minute goes this guy trys to gimme a second chance by sending half of the price first. then after i receive the goods i would send the last half. after he told me that i knew something was wrong.......................

im sure this guy had all this planned out somehow. this deal was too good to be true.i even told him why you would sell this card for so cheap. he said he gets them for cheap through a computer place.

i hope this gets resolved. 800$ is a big big loss. im sorry about that

30. Scroatdog

Scroatdog [H]ard|Gawd

Well, considering the alleged fact that he "needed that money for court", if he's currently embroiled in legal issues, the best thing to do is have the police made aware of this fraud. They would be more likely to take quicker action because of his current standing with the justice department.

Anyhow, hope you get your $$$ back.

31. Tiny

Tiny [H]ardness Supreme

Sorry to hear about your troubles OP.

Reading things like this makes me glad I have pre-paid legal.

It also makes it so I can add to my ignore list.

32. =Leefdawg=

=Leefdawg= 2[H]4U

theres no way ur brother sent the stuff and some how got the money? and spent it all in this short time with out u knowing about it ....ur lying plain and simple y not jus fess up and send the money back ur in deep shit as it is dont make it any deeper

33. SaViOr-

SaViOr- [H]ard|Gawd

Yea they were MO's so there is no way his bro could've taken the money !
    You usually have to show ID when u want to cash a money order or put it into your bank account, thats how it works here in Iowa. So i would think that if anywhere they'd check for ID in New York.

34. zachary80

zachary80 2[H]4U

Considering the fact that either akademik_7 or his brother clearly did something wrong, and on purpose, there is no reason to hesitate in contacting the authorities.

Good luck.

35. mgleason007

mgleason007 [H]Lite

Really? I don't think I've ever had to show ID to cash a money order. Maybe I'm wrong. I have a couple to deposit on Monday so I'll know for sure. In PA btw.

36. SaViOr-

SaViOr- [H]ard|Gawd

Alright let us know what happens, it might just be certain banks but mine always asks for ID wether its to cash or deposit a check or money order or simply put cash into ur account. btw the bank is John Deere Community Credit Union www.jdccu.com if u need more info :)

37. czech09

czech09 [H]ard|Gawd

Mmm...I wonder if the post office will just honor it and refund your money as soon as you file that claim. They do have something written upon the back of the money order something along the lines of guaranteeing a refund if your money order is lost or stolen I believe? So you might be lucky enough to get your money back right away via USPS and then you'll probably be obligated to help them take their case to the full extent of the law against Akademik_7. I mean honestly Akademik, if I were in your situation right now (which I wouldn't have gotten into in the first place but anyways...) I'd refund these gentlemen their money, as getting 2 counts of mail fraud is pretty serious stuff. It'll complicate you getting employed in the future, and who knows what else. If you think that the amount of money you 'earned' here is worth it, I'd think you're very foolish. I don't know how much you owe czyaznman at the moment, but I'll assume it's about the same amount you owe ss, and $1600 is really not that much considering you're going to have to cover court costs, you'll have 2 counts of mail fraud on your record, and further complications from this in the future. Would this really all be worth it? Even though I doubt this will change your opinion and these guys are going to have to get their refunds the hard way, think about it. I'm sure you have various items that you could sell for the amount you owe them. As someone mentioned before "come clean" there is no reason to lie now it's really too obvious what's going on here.

Good luck to the two fellas. Hope this gets sorted out.

38. czech09

czech09 [H]ard|Gawd

That's correct 99% of places make you show some sort of ID there is no way his brother cashed the money orders but that's not what he's claiming if you read what he said. He's claiming that he spent the money Czyaznman and SS284 sent him for court costs and that his brother supposedly stole the video cards those two were supposed to receive...

39. SaViOr-

SaViOr- [H]ard|Gawd

Hmm I don't think he'll be able to get his money back right away because his money order was actually cashed so it wasnt lost or stolen.

Atleast thats what i think the post office will see it as.

40. ss284

ss284 [H]ard|Gawd

akad if you dont respond to my PMs by tomorrow morning Im going to have to report you to usps and your local authorities. I see youve been on the hardforums, and you havent bothered to respond. You also mentioned that you would be on AIM for contact, but that wasnt true either. You have my phone number. If you cant be bothered to make a simple phone call I dont see how you plan to make good on everything you fucked up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.