I was just gifted Crysis. What should I know?

the game always runs fine for me.. on both ATi / nVidia , but there is a specific part where nVidia cards get to single digit FPS no matter what, and also a part where crossfire will cause fps drop insanely also...
beside those small portion, the game is completely fine..

BTW, congratulation on MWLL.. that game is one of the most fun mod I ever play on Crysis ...

I did have a lockup once again this morning. It had CTDed twice before it. I should have restarted the computer. Probably wouldn't have happened then.

OK, finally some headway. I decided that the ASUS cooling solution on this card looked a bit wonky after looking at it closer.

It turns out it is aluminum with some kind of zinc plating. Crappy zinc plating at that. Once I preformed some surgery and got the thing off. Pulled the fan header off the board like always.Whoops.

I spent 3 hours with 600grit and nice flat sanding block and got the bottom flat. Well, flat-ish... The thermal paste was very waxy and cooked on. I replaced the thermal paste with AS5 and now my temps at load are about 10c lower.

I played MWLL for about 5 hours straight. No lock no CDT. Looks like 73c is just too much for this card. At 63c its happy. I'll admit that 73c is pretty high. I guess I'm just used to Nvidia cards.

Now I get to do the same thing to my roommates card.

Back