I want the sticker, should i pay the extra $10?

3far4shot

Gawd
On Newegg.com there is the OEM Q6600(comes without heat sink fan and sticker) and then theres the regular boxed version with a heatsink fan and sticker.

I already have a arctic cooler freezer 7 pro(has lots of dust on it) on the motherboard i am going to upgrade with the Q6600, so all i would need to do is buy some thermal paste and the arctic clean(to clean of the thermal paste already on the CPU heatsink) and im good to go.

But, i like to have the intel sticker that comes with the retail one, but i dont think it is worth the extra $10. But may be i can use the heatsink that comes with with the retail one as a backup for the freezer 7 pro(if one of the pins breaks off or something)

What should i do?

A sticker? Are we still in Kindergarten? Did you buy that $999 iPhone app too!?

:p

1. Walk into Best Buy.
2. Peel off a C2D sticker from one of the display models.
3. Apply to your PC.

;)

Is the warranty difference worth the $10.00? I've always purchased boxed versus OEM just with the satisfaction that Intel will replace it for three years if it's toasted and I didn't damage the chip.

Is the warranty difference worth the $10.00? I've always purchased boxed versus OEM just with the satisfaction that Intel will replace it for three years if it's toasted and I didn't damage the chip.

Good point. If it doesn't work i dont want to have to buy another one. I didn't know the boxed version comes with a warranty while the OEM doesn't.

So i guess i will just pick up the boxed version, but should i use my Freezer 7 Pro or the stock heatsink fan? I dont OC, and the freezer 7 pro is really dusty.

So i guess i will just pick up the boxed version, but should i use my Freezer 7 Pro or the stock heatsink fan? I dont OC, and the freezer 7 pro is really dusty.

Use the Freezer 7Pro and clean it.

And FYI: the OEM model has a 90 Day warranty while the Retail model has a 3year warranty. Well worth the extra $10 for piece of mind

I thought the OEM version had 1 year limited warranty. The boxed version definitely has 3 year limited warranty.

OEM carries whatever warranty the store is willing to offer, and it's only through the store. Retail is three years, straight from Intel.

Back