• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I Want My Holodeck

Tim

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
May 4, 2000
Messages
5,176
So we are not to the point where I can set a few parameters on my computer and walk into the Elysian fields with all the booze and women I want. This treadmill they are talking about over at Engadget is at least one step closer to my dream, though.

The 6- x 6-meter device features an active walking area of 4.5- x 4.5-meters, and later this month, individuals anxious to prance through a virtual city will be able to strap on a head-mounted display, lace up their LA Lights and indulge in escapism.
 
A holodeck at your fingertips and all you can think about is something as shallow as ancient pompeii? Unless you were thinking of drinking some Vesuvian nectar ... of the female kind, forget it. I like Tim's rendition better!
 
tehpr0n industry will end once touch and feel physical holodeck like star trek TNG/DS9's holosuit happens. people will want to experience "holo-novels" and virtual sex and will never leave their home's holo-worlds. lol, just great. ONE MORE WAY TO GET ADDICTED!
 
While it sounds cool, I always take announcements like this with a huge grain of salt. How many times have we heard about great new technologies under development that for some reason or another never make it to market?
 
I think it will become available just in time for the next Star Trek Elite Force game.
 
Back
Top