• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

I want bass

MadJuggla9

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 9, 2002
Messages
3,515
Yea, you've heard it before. I have once had the z580s and i was impressed for a while, but i was wondering if their replacement (z5500s) are still the best boom for the buck running at ~150 shipped NIB? I don't think i have eveough dough for a full fledged surround sound, I have seen some of the klipse ones with 2 subs but I LOVED my wireless remote and the blue control pod. The new one looks even niceer.

Suggestions?

Edit: sold them to move into some apartments, then moved back into the same house .... so I want my bump back :)
 
ya, the 5500's are sweet. good bass and definitely the best boom for the buck i would say. ive been nothing but happy with my set.
 
If you can get the Klipsch promedia ultra 5.1's for $200 at best buy then thats deff the best bang for the buck.
 
Circuitbreaker8 said:
If you can get the Klipsch promedia ultra 5.1's for $200 at best buy then thats deff the best bang for the buck.
Unfortunately you can't anymore. They've sold out. I think that leaves the 5500s as the best PC speaker system available.
 
Circuitbreaker8 said:
Ouch. That sucks lol

Maybe Klipsch is making a new pair
Yeah they might be. Or Best Buy might just stop selling them.

If Klipsch is making a new set, I bet they start at $400 minimum, though.
 
I'm sure they thump, I had a Z-560 and it had too much bass IMO...it wasn't controlled bass either, just....a lot of uncontroled messy bass...
 
Back
Top