I want a water cooling system way better than the corsair H100, please help me!

sram

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello water cooling experts. This forum never let me down, and you won't do so as well. In short, I just built a system based on the i7 2700k cpu. All is well, and I must say that the system is rocket fast. However, I expected more of the corsair H100 cooler and now want much better cooling solution to help with my overclock (Target speed is 5.2 GHz). I'm almost there by the way, but my temps are insane(High eighties under full load). This is a quick components list:

ASUS maximus IV extreme
i7 2700k
32GB Ripjaws RAM
Gigabyte HD Radeon 7970 OC edition
128GB crucial M4 SSD
kingwin 1k PSU
Thermaltake level 10 GT case

And this is my build log if you want to read it:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1680769

And this is my overclocking thread:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1683863

I can of course do like many suggested to me and buy a ready kit like the XSPC Rasa RX240 kit, which will be noticeably better that the H100. But, let's say I want to go out and want to use an extreme water cooling system....What should I do? Buy each water cooling system piece by itself and pick the best out there? I want the best custom built water cooling solution that I can build. Of course without stupidly throwing my money. I'm a novice when it comes to building custom water cooling solution, but I can learn and I also feel that I'll be enjoying it.

I think you know now where I'm coming from. Please help. Thanks.

Hello water cooling experts. This forum never let me down, and you won't do so as well. In short, I just built a system based on the i7 2700k cpu. All is well, and I must say that the system is rocket fast. However, I expected more of the corsair H100 cooler and now want much better cooling solution to help with my overclock (Target speed is 5.2 GHz). I'm almost there by the way, but my temps are insane(High eighties under full load). This is a quick components list:

ASUS maximus IV extreme
i7 2700k
32GB Ripjaws RAM
Gigabyte HD Radeon 7970 OC edition
128GB crucial M4 SSD
kingwin 1k PSU
Thermaltake level 10 GT case

And this is my build log if you want to read it:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1680769

And this is my overclocking thread:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1683863

I can of course do like many suggested to me and buy a ready kit like the XSPC Rasa RX240 kit, which will be noticeably better that the H100. But, let's say I want to go out and want to use an extreme water cooling system....What should I do? Buy each water cooling system piece by itself and pick the best out there? I want the best custom built water cooling solution that I can build. Of course without stupidly throwing my money. I'm a novice when it comes to building custom water cooling solution, but I can learn and I also feel that I'll be enjoying it.

I think you know now where I'm coming from. Please help. Thanks.

What's the largest size rad that can mount in your case or do you plan on mounting it on a rack outside the case?

I would like to add that I am also interested in the same thing as sram, except I'm doing it with an i5-2500k. And currently I'm on air 4.8GHz max load 85C.

What's the largest size rad that can mount in your case or do you plan on mounting it on a rack outside the case?
As for myself, I have an electrical rack directly behind my Level 10 GT case and am fine with that. There is a good amount of space at the top of the Level 10 GT to hold a radiator; it has no problem holding an H100, for instance. I mean, it's a full tower :)

OP, the difference between something like the XSPC or Swiftech kits and an "extreme" full custom loop is a handful of centigrade best case. What is your ambient temp now with your said high-80s load temps?

OP:
What should I do? Buy each water cooling system piece by itself and pick the best out there?

That is your best bet. Mix-n-match for what suits your needs best.

My2c.

^^^ Best case? I disagree. While the H100 is a nice closed loop setup a good custom loop can yield very positive results. My new custom loop dropped the CPU load temps 13c over my H70. That's a darn sight better than a "handful" and pretty typical if the custom loop is set up properly.

Note in my post you quote the words "Corsair" and "H100" do not appear at all. ;)

I was speaking only specifically of the massively diminishing returns on money spent on kit-based versus full custom water loop setups, not all-in-one coolers.

I don't think I'll be able to fit >360 mm radiators. I will mount the radiator outside the case. That's much better. I will not have to worry about space limitations.

Get better/more fans (+shrouds)?

Not very effective. I replaced the fans on my H100 with more powerful ones. I can still change them and use higher CFM fans, but it will be noisy.

OP, the difference between something like the XSPC or Swiftech kits and an "extreme" full custom loop is a handful of centigrade best case. What is your ambient temp now with your said high-80s load temps?

Why would one go for a custom water cooling system then? Everybody will buy a XSPC and call it a day and let the makers of water cooling components go bankrupt. It would be really disappointing for me if this is case really.

Ambient temp is a problem. It is relatively high(around 30). It will go down to 25 if the AC is on, and it might also climb to 35 in bad days while the ac is off. The thing is that I hate the AC, it makes me lazy.

OP:

That is your best bet. Mix-n-match for what suits your needs best.

My2c.

Okay! Show me the parts.......I don't know because I haven't done before. What is the best water block? What is the best radiator to get and what size? What pumps?...etc.

Hmmm, I think I need to read about water cooling and understand everything that can be understood about it. But, I'll still need your help.

Thanks to all again.

I don't think I'll be able to fit >360 mm radiators. I will mount the radiator outside the case. That's much better. I will not have to worry about space limitations.

Not very effective. I replaced the fans on my H100 with more powerful ones. I can still change them and use higher CFM fans, but it will be noisy.

Why would one go for a custom water cooling system then? Everybody will buy a XSPC and call it a day and let the makers of water cooling components go bankrupt. It would be really disappointing for me if this is case really.

Ambient temp is a problem. It is relatively high(around 30). It will go down to 25 if the AC is on, and it might also climb to 35 in bad days while the ac is off. The thing is that I hate the AC, it makes me lazy.

Okay! Show me the parts.......I don't know because I haven't done before. What is the best water block? What is the best radiator to get and what size? What pumps?...etc.

Hmmm, I think I need to read about water cooling and understand everything that can be understood about it. But, I'll still need your help.

Thanks to all again.

First regarding fan selection, for radiators the CFM spec is unimportant. For radiators you want fans that have high static pressure, that is the ability to overcome restriction such as that posed by heat exchanger fins. Best fans for rads in terms of static pressure and noise level are Nidec Gentle Typhoon AP15s, that are so good they are usually sold out everywhere.

A high ambient will hurt you no matter what, especially if you're in the 30C realm. CPUs are not made with 30C ambients in mind, they are made thinking of a server farm environment that is 20C and low humidity.

People go custom watercooling because of things like block and pump selection. The pump in the XSPC doesn't have that much head etc if you want to cool more than a single CPU. The system in my sig was added on to a Swiftech H2o-220 EDGE kit, with a spare MCR220 and 6900 waterblock I got used for cheap. The hose on the XSPC also isn't that great, but that being said it is a heck of a value especially for those wanting to get into watercooling.

The Swiftech H2O-_2O kits have a great pump amnd good rad as well as block. More pricey than XSPC, but better pump is worth it IMHO....and still far cheaper than the cost of components separately.

As you spend more, their are rapidly diminishing returns.

If you want a great system custom:

-DT5Noz CPU waterblock ($90USD), best waterblock around but ridiculously low restriction is overkill for a CPU only loop, could save money and get an XSPC Raystorm $60USD that'll be just as good in a CPU-only setup.
-Pump: Swiftch 355 or 655 or 35X will run you $70->85USD
-Rads, depends on how you want to mount and whether you want low speed or high speed fans. $40USD->90
-Reservoir, anything as fancy as you want from $25USD->100+
-Fittings , for basic barbs and jose clamps you're looking at ~$20
-Tubing, 10' roll of Primochill is ~$15

All that is $260 for a CPU only loop....without fans.

Last edited:
First regarding fan selection, for radiators the CFM spec is unimportant. For radiators you want fans that have high static pressure, that is the ability to overcome restriction such as that posed by heat exchanger fins. Best fans for rads in terms of static pressure and noise level are Nidec Gentle Typhoon AP15s, that are so good they are usually sold out everywhere.

A high ambient will hurt you no matter what, especially if you're in the 30C realm. CPUs are not made with 30C ambients in mind, they are made thinking of a server farm environment that is 20C and low humidity.

People go custom watercooling because of things like block and pump selection. The pump in the XSPC doesn't have that much head etc if you want to cool more than a single CPU. The system in my sig was added on to a Swiftech H2o-220 EDGE kit, with a spare MCR220 and 6900 waterblock I got used for cheap. The hose on the XSPC also isn't that great, but that being said it is a heck of a value especially for those wanting to get into watercooling.

The Swiftech H2O-_2O kits have a great pump amnd good rad as well as block. More pricey than XSPC, but better pump is worth it IMHO....and still far cheaper than the cost of components separately.

As you spend more, their are rapidly diminishing returns.

If you want a great system custom:

-DT5Noz CPU waterblock ($90USD), best waterblock around but ridiculously low restriction is overkill for a CPU only loop, could save money and get an XSPC Raystorm $60USD that'll be just as good in a CPU-only setup.
-Pump: Swiftch 355 or 655 or 35X will run you $70->85USD
-Rads, depends on how you want to mount and whether you want low speed or high speed fans. $40USD->90
-Reservoir, anything as fancy as you want from $25USD->100+
-Fittings , for basic barbs and jose clamps you're looking at ~$20
-Tubing, 10' roll of Primochill is ~$15

All that is $260 for a CPU only loop....without fans.

Thanks for the golden post. I'm not sure I understand static pressure at this point but I will later. Will have to hunt for those Nidec fans. Ambient temp is a problem yes specially at this time of the year, however, it is not a deal breaker for me. Typical room temp is 25. I'll try to keep it that way.

- I'll go with the raystorm waterblock since I'm doing cpu-only.

- Will buy any of the pumps u suggested if they are no major differences.

- Like I said, I can mount the rad outside the case. How does low and high speed fans differ in this case? You said what matters most is the static pressure, so why do I see fan speeds in the equation again? I'll go with higher speeds if it better and not noisy. Do you a specific rad in mind?

- Rgd reservoir, it sounds like it doesn't really matter. I'll get whatever is compatible with the rest.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks for the golden post. I'm not sure I understand static pressure at this point but I will later. Will have to hunt for those Nidec fans. Ambient temp is a problem yes specially at this time of the year, however, it is not a deal breaker for me. Typical room temp is 25. I'll try to keep it that way.

- I'll go with the raystorm waterblock since I'm doing cpu-only.

- Will buy any of the pumps u suggested if they are no major differences.

- Like I said, I can mount the rad outside the case. How does low and high speed fans differ in this case? You said what matters most is the static pressure, so why do I see fan speeds in the equation again? I'll go with higher speeds if it better and not noisy. Do you a specific rad in mind?

- Rgd reservoir, it sounds like it doesn't really matter. I'll get whatever is compatible with the rest.

Am I on the right track?

Nidec makes the Gentle Typhoon, they're sold by Scythe on many websites, though usually the 1850s are out of stock. Come in lots of flavors, the 1850RPM AP15s are the cat's whiskers in terms of loudness and ability to overcome restriction. Some rads work better with higher RPM fans some work better with lower RPM fans. Bear in mind that just about everyone lies about fan specs except for Nidec, so on paper the GTs aren't that impressive but they are honest.

Depends on your box...but myself, in the USA, I'd buy the Edge 320 that is on sale on Jab-tech if you can fit it inside or outside. For $180, you get a nice pump (Swiftech 35X that is PWM throttled) and res/rad all in one unit, as well as fittings and block and hose and fans, and a mounting system to attach it to the back exterior of a case if you need. Depends on how well it would work for your box though.

Here's how my system is setup to give you ideas:
1024.jpg

HwLabs SR1 360 with GT's push/pull best performance/sound. Danger Den Monsoon bay Res with D5 variable pump. Comes in blue , black and red.

For CPU block you could go a bunch of different blocks as they are all pretty close to each other.

DT noz , Koolance CPU 370 , DD M6 , EK HF , XSPC raystorm. Any of these blocks will perform awesome.

Nidec makes the Gentle Typhoon, they're sold by Scythe on many websites, though usually the 1850s are out of stock. Come in lots of flavors, the 1850RPM AP15s are the cat's whiskers in terms of loudness and ability to overcome restriction. Some rads work better with higher RPM fans some work better with lower RPM fans. Bear in mind that just about everyone lies about fan specs except for Nidec, so on paper the GTs aren't that impressive but they are honest.

Depends on your box...but myself, in the USA, I'd buy the Edge 320 that is on sale on Jab-tech if you can fit it inside or outside. For $180, you get a nice pump (Swiftech 35X that is PWM throttled) and res/rad all in one unit, as well as fittings and block and hose and fans, and a mounting system to attach it to the back exterior of a case if you need. Depends on how well it would work for your box though.

Here's how my system is setup to give you ideas:
1024.jpg

That 180 $ kit doesn't say it is compatible with 1155, so how can I make sure it is really compatible? I actually assume it is really compatible but they just forgot to mention it in there.

Also, do you have two radiators in your box?

That 180 $ kit doesn't say it is compatible with 1155, so how can I make sure it is really compatible? I actually assume it is really compatible but they just forgot to mention it in there.

Also, do you have two radiators in your box?

That kit should do 1155 just fine, IIRC the 1156 and 1155 holes are in the same position. Otherwise email Jab-tech or Swiftech and ask. Gabe at Swiftech is very quick about answering customer queries. I'm fairly certain it should be compatible. That kit is using the older Apogee XTL block I beleve which by today standards is very restrictive but that doesn't matter for a CPU-only loop.

I'm using 2 rads, but I'm cooling my 6970 2GB as well as a 130W LGA1366 CPU. I is a Swiftech MCR220-Drive the other is a regular MCR220.

What is your budget? Watercooling can range from VERY cheap, to VERY expensive.

Are you planning on watercooling your Video too? If so, you will need 2x120mm worth of cooling JUST for the video alone.

Unfortunately, where as your Level 10 may seem like it has a lot of room, it offers you very little room for custom watercooling. I ended up having to ditch my Coolermaster for the NZXT Switch 810. My Switch 810 for $169 offers me all the room in the world, and I STILL have room for more if I need it.

Here are some images of some builds i have done to give you some more ideas. You are going to need at LEAST a decent 2x120 for that CPU (Yes, your H100 is 2x120, but it is a slim radiator with some not so great FPI/Flow rate specs.

From oldest to newest.

system4.jpg

DSC01443.jpg

gpu_cooled2.jpg

IMG_9859.jpg

6906706762_7e9d9b289c_b.jpg

What is your budget? Watercooling can range from VERY cheap, to VERY expensive.

Are you planning on watercooling your Video too? If so, you will need 2x120mm worth of cooling JUST for the video alone.

Unfortunately, where as your Level 10 may seem like it has a lot of room, it offers you very little room for custom watercooling. I ended up having to ditch my Coolermaster for the NZXT Switch 810. My Switch 810 for $169 offers me all the room in the world, and I STILL have room for more if I need it.

Here are some images of some builds i have done to give you some more ideas. You are going to need at LEAST a decent 2x120 for that CPU (Yes, your H100 is 2x120, but it is a slim radiator with some not so great FPI/Flow rate specs.

From oldest to newest.

system4.jpg

DSC01443.jpg

gpu_cooled2.jpg

IMG_9859.jpg

6906706762_7e9d9b289c_b.jpg

Give me that newest system of yours, and I'll call it a day:D. It looks too sexy. What is it? I like the color of the hoses.

Well, it is not like I have a budget limit, but I can't just pay ridiculous amounts for something that I don't really need. I just want to cool that CPU to under 65 degrees full load. That will be satisfactory for me.

No need to cool my video card.

Rgd my level 10 size, I shouldn't have a problem if I mount the radiator outside the case, right?

HAHA, my case is the NZXT Switch 810.

If you only want to cool the CPU, and keep it under 65*c load, that is not hard to do.

Yes, you can mount the radiator outside of the case if you want. Many people do this as it allows only ambient temps to touch the radiator, rather than air inside the case that is warmed up by memory, mobo, video card etc.

You can always get a Radiator stand or box and mount it externally. I like to have everythign internal which is why I went with the Switch 810.

Since you are only cooling the CPU, here is my suggestion.

XSPC Extreme Kit

This also features the upgraded pump, compression fittings, tubing, dual bay res, fans etc.

If you cant fit this because of the dual res, let me know and I can piece together a nice kit for you that will meet your needs, and show you what I recommend. The nice thing about the kit I linked is because it is the thich radiator, it cools like a 3x120, but with 2x120 fitment. This would also allow you to keep the entire kit internal.

HAHA, my case is the NZXT Switch 810.

If you only want to cool the CPU, and keep it under 65*c load, that is not hard to do.

Yes, you can mount the radiator outside of the case if you want. Many people do this as it allows only ambient temps to touch the radiator, rather than air inside the case that is warmed up by memory, mobo, video card etc.

You can always get a Radiator stand or box and mount it externally. I like to have everythign internal which is why I went with the Switch 810.

Since you are only cooling the CPU, here is my suggestion.

XSPC Extreme Kit

This also features the upgraded pump, compression fittings, tubing, dual bay res, fans etc.

If you cant fit this because of the dual res, let me know and I can piece together a nice kit for you that will meet your needs, and show you what I recommend. The nice thing about the kit I linked is because it is the thich radiator, it cools like a 3x120, but with 2x120 fitment. This would also allow you to keep the entire kit internal.

Thank you very much. Somebody else in this forum suggested that kit for me as well. But, shouldn't this kit better, specially when it is on sale here:

http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-H20-320-Edge-PC-Liquid-Cooling-Kit-pr-4741.html

http://www.jab-tech.com/Water-Cooling-Full-Kits-c-58.html

I know it is 3x120 but since external mounting is possible, I think it is worth it. What do you think?

I need to see if my case can take 3x120 just in case I choose internal mounting.

Thanks.

Damn you sram and your unhappiness with the H100... .you've rubbed it off onto me! :)
I've done 4 or 5 custom water setups in the past... but the last one I did was a Q6600 based system so a lot has changed since then. Following this to see what the consensus is.

Looking at the two kits I believe the Raystorm will be significantly better than the Swiftech kit. You'd also be able to add in your vga later down the road.

The major difference in the RASA RX240 Kit and Raystorm RX240 Extreme is listed below!

-Pump Upgrade to the D5 (Alphacool VPP Single)
-CPU Block upgraded to the newer, better performing Raystorm
-Choice of tubing color
-Compression fittings instead of barbs

My main gripe is finding a vga block that looks good, performs well and is universal. It's just silly buying a block for a videocard I'll have for maybe a year at best.

Last edited:
The swiftech all in one solutions are noisy, and don't cool nearly as well as the XSPC Raystorm kits.

He beat me to it, but the differences between the standard and Extreme versions of the XSPC kits are vast. Much better pump and block for starters.

There is no debate about it, your case cant fit a 3x120 radiator internally without modifying it significantly, you can only fit a 2x120 with the mounting options of the level 10. Which is why I suggested the extreme with its thick rad design which cools like a 3x120.

There is no debate about it, your case cant fit a 3x120 radiator internally without modifying it significantly, you can only fit a 2x120 with the mounting options of the level 10. Which is why I suggested the extreme with its thick rad design which cools like a 3x120.

I haven't seen hard measured numbers between 2x120 RS and RX, but the difference between an RS360 and an RX360 ain't that much at the same fan speed and delta. If on a budget, for only a dozen Watts thermal for most fans, doesn't seem worth the $60USD+ additional cost cost.

xspc-rxvsrs-thermals.png

Damn you sram and your unhappiness with the H100... .you've rubbed it off onto me! :)
I've done 4 or 5 custom water setups in the past... but the last one I did was a Q6600 based system so a lot has changed since then. Following this to see what the consensus is.

Looking at the two kits I believe the Raystorm will be significantly better than the Swiftech kit. You'd also be able to add in your vga later down the road.

The major difference in the RASA RX240 Kit and Raystorm RX240 Extreme is listed below!

-Pump Upgrade to the D5 (Alphacool VPP Single)
-CPU Block upgraded to the newer, better performing Raystorm
-Choice of tubing color
-Compression fittings instead of barbs

My main gripe is finding a vga block that looks good, performs well and is universal. It's just silly buying a block for a videocard I'll have for maybe a year at best.

The swiftech all in one solutions are noisy, and don't cool nearly as well as the XSPC Raystorm kits.

He beat me to it, but the differences between the standard and Extreme versions of the XSPC kits are vast. Much better pump and block for starters.

Looks like the extreme kit you Jlangevin suggested is the way to go. I actually asked for a comparison between that extreme kit and the swiftech triple radiator kit going for 179 $ instead of 333$. Thought getting triple radiator kit for almost 50% of the price and mounting the radiator might a better overall solution than the extreme kit. It is good to know there is a major difference between XSPC standard and extreme editions.

Swiftech, are they really really noisy? I'm still leaning toward this solution because even if swiftech doesn't cool as good as XSPC, external mounting might yield better temps or at least the same temps and I will end up paying less. 179 vs 270.

179 $ + external mounting = Temps less than 65 degrees.

279 $ + internal mounting = Temps less than 65 degrees.

Since results are the same, first option with less $$$ is better.

Valid point ?

And are there disadvantages of external mounting other than kids messing with the radiator ??

179 $ + external mounting = Temps less than 65 degrees.

279 $ + internal mounting = Temps less than 65 degrees.

Since results are the same, first option with less $$$ is better.

Valid point ?

And are there disadvantages of external mounting other than kids messing with the radiator ??

Regarding the item in red... the XSPC pump has the highest failure rate of any pump in the water cooling market. This is why the extreme kit was produced.

The higher price is not for higher cooling capacity (although there is), its for higher quality parts. You are throwing liquid in your rig... cheap out on parts, and you will ruin much more than the initial investment on your watercooling.

This is what I'm using currently:

EK High Flow block
XSPC Dual Bay Res for Laing D5
Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Black Ice III Radiator
Masterkleer 7/16" tubing

When I had my 6970 attached to this setup in combination with my CPU my GPU temps never went above 40 C at load and the CPU temps never went above 70 C when priming with HT enabled @ 4.8 GHz for 16 hours so it's a very workable system for not too much money. If you want to save some dough you can always do a T-line instead of using a res but bleeding takes longer. For the convenience I really like the XSPC res and the fact that it holds the pump which opens up more room in the case and shortens tubing runs.

Looks like a great setup there convexion.

sram - looks like FrozenCPU has the famed Gentle Typhoon AP-15s in stock. A bit expensive but they are getting harder to find.

Regarding the item in red... the XSPC pump has the highest failure rate of any pump in the water cooling market. This is why the extreme kit was produced.

The higher price is not for higher cooling capacity (although there is), its for higher quality parts. You are throwing liquid in your rig... cheap out on parts, and you will ruin much more than the initial investment on your watercooling.

The 179 $ swiftech kit uses XSPC??? It doesn't, so why would you say this? Or am I missing something obvious?

Last edited:
This is what I'm using currently:

EK High Flow block
XSPC Dual Bay Res for Laing D5
Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Black Ice III Radiator
Masterkleer 7/16" tubing

When I had my 6970 attached to this setup in combination with my CPU my GPU temps never went above 40 C at load and the CPU temps never went above 70 C when priming with HT enabled @ 4.8 GHz for 16 hours so it's a very workable system for not too much money. If you want to save some dough you can always do a T-line instead of using a res but bleeding takes longer. For the convenience I really like the XSPC res and the fact that it holds the pump which opens up more room in the case and shortens tubing runs.

Thanks. I need to do some thinking I guess.

Looks like a great setup there convexion.

sram - looks like FrozenCPU has the famed Gentle Typhoon AP-15s in stock. A bit expensive but they are getting harder to find.

They can be found on ebay as well:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...736&_nkw=Scythe+Gentle+Typhoon#item4844a0c04c

Are higher rpm gentle typhoon better than the 1850 rpm gentle typhoon AP-15 ?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The 179 $ swiftech kit uses XSPC??? It doesn't, so why would you say this? Or am I something obvious?

I think he saw the price and assumed it was an XSPC kit and not a Swifty kit on sale and didn't read the thread.

Whether you'll get down to 65C load is not something I'd hinge money on given your relatively high ambient temps.I'm still running 1366 and have not tried Sandy so cannot vouch for how viable your hopes are for 65C at 5.2gHz.

The higher RPM the higher the noise, and it's exponential. I believe the AP-15s are the sweet spot. I'm really debating ordering two of them for my H100 and calling it a day.... I spend way to much on computers >_<

The higher RPM the higher the noise, and it's exponential. I believe the AP-15s are the sweet spot. I'm really debating ordering two of them for my H100 and calling it a day.... I spend way to much on computers >_<

Do it please. If they improve your temps, then I might as well consider them and call it a day:D

I would order them now, but I am unsure if I should get 4 for push/pull, stick with 2 for only push, or use 2 plus the stock Corsair fans for push/pull.

Great read, thanks!

Sounds like I'll be going push/pull and just get two AP15s for now.

I would order them now, but I am unsure if I should get 4 for push/pull, stick with 2 for only push, or use 2 plus the stock Corsair fans for push/pull.

I would buy two, try them alone and then in push/pull configuration with your other two fans. See if push/pull makes a difference and then you can decide if you need additional two, although I don't think it is worth it.

Sorry, I thought you were comparing the non extreme XSPC with the Extreme XSPC.

Bottomline, go with what you think fits your needs.

Some people have mentioned that the swiftech rad/pump/res combo are noisy when mounted to their cases due to the lack of any noise dampening, and the sound reverberates throught the radiator and case when the pump is mounted on the rad.

I pulled the trigger guys! I just ordered the XSPC kit JLangevin suggested. Wish me good luck.

Hopefully I'll be able to put these high temps under control.

Thanks JLangevin and everybody else.

Good luck! It seems the H100, even with push/pull, just simply can't handle 1.42v. I am seeing significant temp increases. Highs in the 78-82 range, whereas I was in the mid to upper 60s at 1.35v.

Good luck! It seems the H100, even with push/pull, just simply can't handle 1.42v. I am seeing significant temp increases. Highs in the 78-82 range, whereas I was in the mid to upper 60s at 1.35v.

Almost like my case. I started seeing 80 + after going >1.36 Vcore.

Well with that radiator and kit from XPSC Extreme you ordered, you can expect to see low 60s, and maybe even high 50s depending on your ambient temps.

Please be sure to report back, too many people on here will report issues, ask for advice and then never let us know how our advice worked out.

Back