I used NOVABACKUP to backup...

c0creat0r

n00b
I used NovaBackup to make a backup of my documents back in 2005 over the span of 11 DVDs. The new Novabackup software I downloaded doesn't recognize the DVDs. I asked NovaStor what the deal was and they said I had to use whatever version made the DVDs to restore them. I have no idea what version made them so I can't access the NB7 files to get my stuff back. Any ideas on what I can do???

Thanks.

you backed up your files in a proprietary format, without saving a copy of the actual program and any registration info for it ?

Does NovaBackup encrypt the disc or what? It sounds as though it would just create it's own file and burn it to disk, no? What manufacturer made the DVD media?

Things to consider:
> Switch the DVD-ROM or DVD-RW to an older model
> The dye in the burned DVD may have degraded to a point where it's not readable

Yea, pretty much. It didn't even cross my mind that the newer versions wouldn't support the older burns. What kind of retarded ass company would do that?

But the DVD's are memorex and the computer still reads them fine, I just can't access the NB7 files on the disks using any newer version of NovaBackup and they don't support older versions anymore so I don't know how to find an older copy of the stupid ass program, let alone figure out which version was used.

Back