I trying to get passed 219 fsb on my A643000

Omnikron

n00b
I cant seem to get passed the FSB 219 on my A64 3000 I have not tweaked the mem timing of anything other than the fsb can some some help me out I would like to get it close to A64 3500 as much as I can I read the sticky but dont really know what it all means. :confused: all I want is some where to start off at Thank you.

Since you have a Winchester and Neo4, it seems to be limited at 219 in Bios for some reason. You need to OC in Windows using ClockGen. I had the same problem, but I can use ClockGen in Windows to get up to 280HTT or even more. I run 9x267=2.4Ghz all day long after setting up a ClockGen config to run at Windows startup.

some of the neo2's and neo4's have problems booting at or above 220 HTT. once htey have started up though, they are fine. youll have to use clockgen.

and your sig is too long. 10 lines max.

Thanks for your replys and I will make my sig shorter :p Can I use clockgen with N tunes
I have that right now and I also have core center

Try setting a lower ram divider, lower HTT to 3x and then push the FSB higher

I had to set a 166 ram divider, set HTT to 3x before I could hit 270 FSB on my old a64 3000+

Omnikron said:
Thanks for your replys and I will make my sig shorter :p Can I use clockgen with N tunes
I have that right now and I also have core center

You don't really need to use the others. ClockGen is the same kind of program as those...it just has more options and you can set it for when Windows boots. Actually read the "readme" and you'll find it's not that hard to use ;).

TheGamerZ said:
Try setting a lower ram divider, lower HTT to 3x and then push the FSB higher

I had to set a 166 ram divider, set HTT to 3x before I could hit 270 FSB on my old a64 3000+
Yup, that's what I had to do. My FSB is at 255 now with 3x HTT and 166 divider.

Back