I started folding again!

munkle

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 16, 2005
Messages
11,799
So I started folding again, I am running the single core client and the gpu client. I want to run the smp client but it seems like alot of work to set it up (i could do it but I'm lazy). It's been 2 years since I have folded, well see how it goes!
 
If you're running a fairly new dual/quad core CPU you're really shooting your PPD in the foot by not running the SMP client. It only takes ~2 minutes to set up including download time. Unless you're on dial-up.
 
If you're running a fairly new dual/quad core CPU you're really shooting your PPD in the foot by not running the SMP client. It only takes ~2 minutes to set up including download time. Unless you're on dial-up.

I downloaded it already, but its 5:42 am, which isn't helping me at all with the laziness to set it up. Maybe tomorrow. :p
 
use zero's guide.. it seriously takes 5 minutes tops to set it up.. hell the longest part of it all is setting up the password for your windows login if you dont already have one setup..
 
And don't forget to setup a Passkey if you haven't already
 
Nice to have you back on the team! Welcome back! :D
 
Quick question does the gpu client slow down and/or stop when another program wants to use the gpu?
 
Long live Horshack! Ooo ooo Mr Kotter! :cool:

Quick question does the gpu client slow down and/or stop when another program wants to use the gpu?
Sort of kind of but not really. I have to shutdown my GPU client if I want to play games. The SMP client seems to throttle pretty well though, in my experience.
 
Long live Horshack! Ooo ooo Mr Kotter! :cool:

Sort of kind of but not really. I have to shutdown my GPU client if I want to play games. The SMP client seems to throttle pretty well though, in my experience.

Just right click, hit pause and resure after your done.
 
Back
Top