I scored an XPS!

daglesj

Supreme [H]ardness
They say the early bird.....

I had to get up to meet a customer at 8am this morning for him to drop a laptop off with me.

As I was going out I took the trash out to the binstore. Inside the binstore with a note stuck on it "for rubbish collection" was a PC.

Hmm okay, but on closer inspection it was a late 2008 Dell XPS 630i. A quick look round the back showed the motherboard was still inside. Lifting it felt heavy.

So I thought.."Why not!"

I got it inside, opened it up and boy oh boy...it was packed except for the HDDs.

Inside we had -

C2Q 6600 2.4GHz, 4GB DDR2 800 ram, SATA DVD Burner, card reader and two 9800GT's in SLI.

So I plug it in and it fires up. The BIOS screen was corrupted but it fired up. Looking good. I pulled out the main 9800 and swapped it for the slave and bingo! Perfectly working PC!

So the previous owner dumped this machine due to one of the 9800GTs getting a heat issue.

I now have a cool looking PC with a load of nice parts. The only shame is.....it's BTX!

Not bad for getting up early though.

Yeah I often pass on old Dells to a charity I do work for. They need old PCs for the kids to use (and destroy) so I may re-constitute it in some form to them.

Some good will come out of it.

awesome the 630i is my exact rig! Mine has a Q9450 and a GTX 280 but thats a sick find !

Back