• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I saw something interesting last night

codeckid

n00b
Joined
Mar 10, 2013
Messages
16
I was spending too much time looking at the stats last night, and I saw a user named ”CrayZ4” pop online. It was churning out about 200,000+ points/hr. It looks like it was the first appearance for team 33. Does anyone have an idea who is responsible?
 
It's probably Cray Research testing new equipment.
 
Last edited:
your saying they have a 3.6 million PPD ? I m ay hav edone my math wrong though :D at work right now ... ill take a look later.....

Wonder if we have new supporters..... (assuming you mean theya re folding for team 33)
 
your saying they have a 3.6 million PPD ? I m ay hav edone my math wrong though :D at work right now ... ill take a look later.....

Wonder if we have new supporters..... (assuming you mean theya re folding for team 33)

OP meant they were doing ~200k per update, so every 3 hours, and they are folding for 33
 
Hell yea.. Anything elite like that MUST be scotty8. In any case, hopefully it's legit. Better for us then against!
 
Last edited:
Let's see how long it lasts....wondering what equipment they are running. Can't be normal SMP by the number of WU, seems low for BA unless perhaps 6901?
 
less than 20k the last 4 updates, let's see if user pours in more points overnight
 
Sorry to get anyone's hopes up, but it's 5 machines:
2x Xeon X5650@3.0 BigAdv24
4x Opteron 8425@2.1 BigAdv24
4x Opteron 8439@2.8 BigAdv24
2x Opteron 62xx@2.6 BigAdv32
2x Xeon E5620@2.4 SMP16 + 560Ti GPU

It didn't finish the jobs at the same times. That's all it was.
 
Impressive. You have done more in three days than I have done in the last three months :(
 
I have to turn off the E5620 though. I'm over my power limit. I just had to build up some SMP WU's to guarantee that if I choke on a BigAdv, I have room for a mistake.
Two of the quad 8389 Opterons are parked as well due to power.
 
No, circuit is 20amp.
The other circuits are in A/C rooms, which over doubles the power consumption.
 
First, I need to learn how to "tune" what I have. Bet I can squeek another 50k PPD by fine tuning without increasing power a lot.

I'm setting up a test machine inside the A/C area to learn how to Linux, Kraken, Turion, RAMDisk, etc. It has ES 83xx chips in it. Might be able to overclock? The dual 62xx is ES also, but is Interlagos.
 
That's some pretty sweet hardware you're playing with Qinsp. Glad to have you on board to fight the good fight.
 
Had a voltage drop error. Need to rethink stuff. Can't cripple work machines for folding.

My wife is out right now. Guess I should sneak over and grab some boxen and bring them home.
 
Well, I'm up to 1/3 of what it looked like. Mostly used 8000 servers.
sigimage.php
 
Back
Top