i really like the graphics on this game

It has very limited replay value with no multiplayer or a lot of reason to play through the campaign over and over again, but it's definitely has a great single-player experience.

I'd say yeah it is a great game, but it's not worth buying. The graphics I thought were pretty awesome but it's SP only and not worth buying. Get it from EB games play it for 5 days return it on the 6th and get your money back. That's plenty of time to beat the game

No multiplayer but a great singleplayer? I might just have to purchase that. Usually multiplayer games have half-assed singleplayer's or vice versa. I've been interested in Metro 2033. Is it a horror style game or what?

Its pretty much horror, though its not really scary, you do fight monsters, and the lighting and mood are pretty dark etc. It's based on a book of the same name (which was a best seller in Russia) and tells about the future where mankind has had it's ass whooped so hides out in various places from mutants etc.

Don't listen to post #3, any game worth playing to you is worth you buying it.

I loved Metro 2033. It's become a great benchmarker for PC rigs. It's all single player. It's a moody scary kinda game. Great use of some sound effects, especially in regards to the gas mask.

The gun play is a little weak. For instance it's difficult to determine if you are hitting your target or not. Also the economy system is a bit confusing.

It's difficult to determine the exchange rates and how much of the regular or military grade ammo you have. But once you stare at the shop screens long enough you'll figure it out.

The psychic vision sequences were well done although the game doesn't completely explain the meaning behind them all. It leaves some questions unanswered. I've heard that there is a sequel coming out which I will be interested in.

Good? Yes. Great? No. Not a goty candidate but decent game play and cutting edge visuals.

No multiplayer but a great singleplayer? I might just have to purchase that. Usually multiplayer games have half-assed singleplayer's or vice versa. I've been interested in Metro 2033. Is it a horror style game or what?

It has a very similar atmosphere to STALKER - it's more of a hopeless and depressed vibe rather than a scary one, as the NPCs are only barely surviving.

Isn't there a demo for this game. Just play that and decide yourself.. No need for others to makeup your mind.

Good luck with the self destructive explosive blobs toward the end. That section ruined the entire game.

Back