• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I really like my X-Fi

jebo_4jc

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2011
2FA
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
14,572
I haven't gotten much new music in a long time. However, recently, I re-discovered Chevelle, and so I downloaded some stuff from their newer CD. Up to this point, I hadn't listened to any music at all, only games on my X-Fi, but once I cranked it up either using phones or the $100 set of PC speakers I have, I really like the sound quality of the X-Fi. The audio quality is truly tangible after switching from my Audigy 1. I love all the tweaks available to customize the sound quality directly to my needs. The audio speed up/slow down feature is a neat gimmick, but I don't see any real use for it truthfully. The mode switcher is cool too, however I've found that certain games sound more 5.1 when using "Entertainment" mode rather than gaming mode. I even like the default Creative media player! It's slick, intuitive, and provides easy access directly to Creative's audio options, without having to load up Creative's control panel or whatever.

I realize this is yet another "X-Fi = rawks" thread, with no subjective evidence, but I just thought I'd put my thoughts on the internets for anybody who cares.
Thanks for listening.
 
im a x-fi fan also. went from onboard sound to this. no comparison. being able to turn my receiver up loud as crap and not get ne noise/static etc. is nice coming from a computer sound card.
 
I'm happy with my X-fi also.
My only complaint is, there is no easy way to connect your front panel headphone jack to the card. I did not want the breakout box of the plat. It seemed like a waste of money for just a headphone jack.

I rediscovered music back in Napser days. I had not bought a cd in years. I just listened to the radio. I started listening to songs that others had and liked them. I started buying losts of cds, mp3 quality was never enough.
 
I love my XFi card. VERY low noise floor. I can go right next to my Vantage speakers and I wont hear a thing. No buzz, no static, no white noise. It doesnt resample and uses solid DACs (Cirrus Logic and Wolffson). Unti lI get a pure outboard DAC and CDp, the XFi will anchor my system. ;)
 
anyone go from an Audigy ZS to X-Fi?
I'd like to hear your comments
 
EnderW said:
anyone go from an Audigy ZS to X-Fi?
I'd like to hear your comments
Just did but haven't gone to a LAN since and I don't game much at home, i'll be posting my comments after PDXLAN in mid-feb
 
EnderW said:
anyone go from an Audigy ZS to X-Fi?
I'd like to hear your comments
I went audigy1 -> audigy2-> audigy2zs-> x-fi fatal1ty.

To be honest this is the first time i am really 100% happy and exited about a soundcard. I never had any issues with the audigy series cards, but the sound always seemed abit "dead" and closed to me. The x-fi sounds much more clear, distinct and alive than the a2zs.
(I dont use the crystalizer for music at all so that is not the reason i say so ;) ).

I am very happy about the A2ZS-> X-fi upgrade.
 
I love my x-fi as well. I am constantly putting my z560s through a bompin workout again, music just sounds so much clearer. BF2 sounds good on it aswell.
 
Back
Top