I ran into alot of unexpected money

Calis

Limp Gawd
Alrighty, to cut a long story short i just inherited alot of money

this is a welcome change, as some of you may remember i just had to sell off and downgrade my second system and my main rig, so this is very very very happiness making

Heres what im looking at:

Asus A8N SLi Deluxe
2x BFG 7800GTX's
Athlon64 X4800+
4x512MB OCZ Platinum VX PC4400
PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 850 SSI
Antec P180 Case (lovin' the mini-fridge look)
Aquacomputer stuff, i know shit all about water cooling components, so il be sure to do alot of research on this

now along with this, im seriously looking at a gamedeck desk thing if i can get my hands on one

This is a gaming computer, and my budget is more or less unlimited - within reason... :p

go nuts, i want all the advice and suggestsions i can get

change the mobo to the a8n sli premium or the msi neo4 plat. SLi

get yourself a KILLER watercooling rig, import the parts right from aquacomputer or something

and if your really going for the extrem i have 2 words, phase and change

also waterblocks for the 7800gtx's and until the fan bug is fixed just keep the fans plugged in and put somewhere :D

and also, youd be hard pressed to fit all that WC gear into a p180... get a BIG full tower. possible a CM stacker

and dont hurt your hardware, SHOW IT OFF! window :p

and dual 2405FPW's (those are the sick dell ultrasharps right?)

nice big desk and possibly a wall mount for the monitors :D

make sure you can put the tower on your desk aswell, i love having easy access to mine :D

and if you realy wanna go the extra mile, get it professionally wired to look clean :D

ill update this as i think

I would drop the 2405FPW's and go with a widescreen DLP. On my 46' Samsung the picture is very sharp, plus I can use it to watch movies, tv, etc. More bang for the buck.

I know you (like all of us) have other things to use money for, so I'd stick with a single 7800, etc... That's a nice looking machine but it's a waste.

dandragonrage said:
I know you have other things to use money for, so I'd stick with a single 7800, etc... That's a nice looking machine but it's such a waste.

Agreed. Theres nothing else I can say without sounding preachy.

[H]ap said:
Agreed. Theres nothing else I can say without sounding preachy.

Yeah, I agree buy one 7800GTX save your money for the NExt refresh of videocards.. :)

Yay for death!

That looks like a beautifull rig.

sorry for your loss if it was somone close

Either that or use the money for that extra video card to buy one of those Klipsh 6 speaker systems. I believe there is a 500 watt model. Then a good sound card. :cool:

forumposter32 said:
Either that or use the money for that extra video card to buy one of those Klipsh 6 speaker systems. I believe there is a 500 watt model. Then a good sound card. :cool:

Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra's, I have them and they sound awesome!!! :)

just make sure bright speakers are ok if you get them - I can't listen to Klipsch at any decent volume or it's painful.

skip the PC Power & Cooling 850.

A 510 will meet your needs just fine unless you have a dozen hdds that you didn't mention.

I have a hard time believing that you'll have a higher draw (barring a peltier setup) than what my system has, and it's running on a custom 510-CL1 just fine.

allienware.com

jk, jk

someone is going to be having a lot of fun very soon.

:mad: :mad: :mad: im jelous(sp)

0mega said:
change the mobo to the a8n sli premium or the msi neo4 plat. SLi

get yourself a KILLER watercooling rig, import the parts right from aquacomputer or something

and if your really going for the extrem i have 2 words, phase and change

also waterblocks for the 7800gtx's and until the fan bug is fixed just keep the fans plugged in and put somewhere :D

and also, youd be hard pressed to fit all that WC gear into a p180... get a BIG full tower. possible a CM stacker

and dont hurt your hardware, SHOW IT OFF! window :p

and dual 2405FPW's (those are the sick dell ultrasharps right?)

nice big desk and possibly a wall mount for the monitors :D

make sure you can put the tower on your desk aswell, i love having easy access to mine :D

and if you realy wanna go the extra mile, get it professionally wired to look clean :D

ill update this as i think
Stick with the Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, the premium just costs more money and does not have any extra features (according to CPU [Computer Power User] Magazine)

since your rich now, can you donate to the im a poor college student fund, lmao, have fun bro

Go with the DFI board. It will roxx0r your soxx0rs! And please dont waste 500 bucks on the 850 lol 510 is enough. And if you really feel like paying 400 dollars more for a 4800 (2.4) over a 4400 (2.2) X2 go ahead, but to me that seems like a totall noob move.

ClawhammerUK said:
Dont get 4x512 get 2 x 1GB modules or you will run into issus
Yeah, if you are going for a beast like that definately get 2GB, 1 won't do it justice.

Damn, you are a lucky son of a bitch! Hey...can I borrow a hundred bucks? C'mon, buy my suggestions! He he he, lol, congrats, though on your money! :p

FiZ said:
Yeah, if you are going for a beast like that definately get 2GB, 1 won't do it justice.
o_O 4X512=2gbs 2X1gb=2gb
thats not the reason you think it is :p

krayz said:
o_O 4X512=2gbs 2X1gb=2gb
thats not the reason you think it is :p

Well, following the logic of "If 1GB is good, 2GB is better" then you should follow the logic of "If 2GB is good, 4GB is better!" That's about the max you can put in a desktop board right now. And even the good stuff should run you less than $500 for all 4GB.

Really? wouldnt you think that 4 gigs would be overkill and if you can get 2 in just by using 2 of the 4 memory slots then you would gain better performance?

Buckus said:
Well, following the logic of "If 1GB is good, 2GB is better" then you should follow the logic of "If 2GB is good, 4GB is better!" That's about the max you can put in a desktop board right now. And even the good stuff should run you less than $500 for all 4GB.

Yea, It's a good thing that Windows doesn't even support 4GB. Unless he goes XPx64 which I don't reccomend.

Memory hole stops some systmes at the 3.2gb mark, but you can do 4gb if you adjust the memory hole to be > 4096mb .

Back