I ordered the Wendy's Triple with Cheese !

The_Heretic

Certified [H]
If anyone here remembers the lecture that Intel microprocessor engineer gave several years ago about Intel and their CPU designs (P4 time frame), he mentions how Intel's marketing took a lesson from Wendy's. Well here is a Triple Cheeseburger and some sides to feed the [H]orde.

extremeparts.jpg

note: I chose to spend 20.00 more to get the PNY vs the cheaper EVGA built video card, since that's all they had besides one built by Palit ?. I'm sure no explanation is needed why I did that. :D

I got it assembled last night and are currently testing it under Folding load to find where it will run stable on air. Sure like seeing 12 cores detected from a single CPU. ;)

12cores.jpg

Awsome setup man.....love your card choice ;)

now if my eyes dont decive me you are running it NAKED!!!!!.....or was the case already there :(

Palits a well known brand in europe thats moved to the US in the last 2-3 years.. same support as PNY.. basically the same reference cards as PNY..

nice build either way..

now if my eyes dont decive me you are running it NAKED!!!!!.....or was the case already there :(

I'm sticking it in an old Antec full tower I had just sitting there with a dual core 939 Athlon in it.

Palits a well known brand in europe thats moved to the US in the last 2-3 years.. same support as PNY.. basically the same reference cards as PNY..

nice build either way..

This seems to be the info I'm hearing about them. :) I could have bought that one and saved over the EVGA card's price.

Nice rig!

That thing is going to scream when you get a good OC on it.

Very Nice, Post some TPF when you get that beast OC'ed. Curious how well my TPF's compare. I recently picked up the same CPU.

I have mine on a watercooling loop but it runs at 55c max so these might be helpful still:
vcore: 1.3625
bclock: 143
mult: 29

The other volts were stock except vDimm at 1.65

From testing I can push the CPU a bit more, but not a full multiplier, and the ram cannot take anything past 143 so I'm in a pickle.

I'm envious. I've always thought that I would enjoy a triple cheeseburger from Wendy's, but I've never been able to afford it. The 99 cent menu has historically been where I get most of my stuff.:D

Looks like it will be a sweet setup!

Some nice looking folding pr0n you've got there...;)

Win * 8!

Me wants!

What about some pics of the hardware outside their boxes?

Last edited:
I'm envious. I've always thought that I would enjoy a triple cheeseburger from Wendy's, but I've never been able to afford it. The 99 cent menu has historically been where I get most of my stuff.:D

Looks like it will be a sweet setup!

so you dont go to wendy's i take it? since they haven't had a 99 cent menu in almost 5 years.. :p

Hey you can still get certain items for 99 cents but certainly they call it a value menu as not everything is 99 cents.

Personally I roll with the spicy chicken nuggets, jr double, potatoe, and if I am feeling crazy spicy chicken wrap in place of the nuggets.

Back in the old days I used to eat the two chicken sandwiches but that got expensive and I got broke.

That is a sweet system. I am happy just to have a quad i7 in my wife's machine. A hex i7 is sweet.

Absolutely overkill PSU, but I like the rest. :p

There's another 460 to go into it here in a little bit. I went and got one of those Palit cards to try. Besides I'm a big believer in having plenty of power. :)

Here's a snapshot of where it's at right now. I'm still messing around and slowly adding things in between.

foldingtest.jpg

Fairly close to your settings GhosT15

There's another 460 to go into it here in a little bit. I went and got one of those Palit cards to try. Besides I'm a big believer in having plenty of power. :)

Here's a snapshot of where it's at right now. I'm still messing around and slowly adding things in between.

Nice! I hope those settings helped give you an idea where to start. Sadly I only have a 280 card in mine, it really needs some more GPU Lovin like yours is getting. :D

Good stuff,

Wait 'till you get a real BigAdv SMP work unit on it, you'll be getting 40+K from that CPU alone. Probably high 20s with a regular A3 non-BigAdv unit.

I absolutely love my Core I7 980x.

Wendys does have the 99 cent menu still....atleast at all the ones near me

foldingtest.jpg

Well damn, you pulled a 6701.

I hate those things as my 980x gets lower ppd with those when my Bloomfield pulls a bigadv.

:eek: Are you kidding? You are being deprived. I had some 99 cent chili and a 99 cent chocolate ice cream unit like 5 days ago.

they havent had them where i lived in california in years.. wendy's was the stoner food place in high school.. we would all go there and buy 99 cent bacon cheese burgers.. then about 5 years ago they raised the price on them to 1.29.. was the only reason i ever went to wendy's.. ice cream and chili for 99 cents is meh.. rather spend 5 bucks and go to cold stones or baskin robins..

Well damn, you pulled a 6701.

I hate those things as my 980x gets lower ppd with those when my Bloomfield pulls a bigadv.

yeah im on my 4th one in a row.. its irritating the hell out of me.. almost ready to do the evil thing and delete the WU and see if i pull a different one..

btw heretic what are your temps with that V8? i know it wasnt really that good of a heatsink with the quad i7's so im guessing its doing a lot better with the lower temp 32nm i7's..

yeah im on my 4th one in a row.. its irritating the hell out of me.. almost ready to do the evil thing and delete the WU and see if i pull a different one..

Doubt that would help. ALL my systems are running 6701's today and my i7 just pulled another one.. it's all 6701 all day today!

Doubt that would help. ALL my systems are running 6701's today and my i7 just pulled another one.. it's all 6701 all day today!

ARG damn you PG!!!! guess they must be forcing them so they can discontinue it quicker.. because i know the 6701/2's are the ones they plan to discontinue here in the near future..

they havent had them where i lived in california in years.. wendy's was the stoner food place in high school.. we would all go there and buy 99 cent bacon cheese burgers.. then about 5 years ago they raised the price on them to 1.29.. was the only reason i ever went to wendy's.. ice cream and chili for 99 cents is meh.. rather spend 5 bucks and go to cold stones or baskin robins..

btw heretic what are your temps with that V8? i know it wasnt really that good of a heatsink with the quad i7's so im guessing its doing a lot better with the lower temp 32nm i7's..

I had a string of those on both folding1 and 2 before both of them finally managed to pull a bigadv yesterday. Folding1 has a 2684 and folding2 has a 2685.

If I am to trust the PC Probe software it's showing 67C under full load (CPU and both vid cards Folding). It still seems to be holding at 4 GIG so I'll just leave the box as is and see how it does over time. Glad winter is coming ;)

Here it is assembled after I added the second GPU.
Keep in mind that running GPU clients in that machine will reduce your CPU PPD by a considerable amount if you run -bigadv units. I suggest that you consider swapping the GPUs into a different machine if possible and replacing them with something that you don't intend to fold on or with a single GPU running the GPU2 client.
If I am to trust the PC Probe software it's showing 67C under full load (CPU and both vid cards Folding). It still seems to be holding at 4 GIG so I'll just leave the box as is and see how it does over time. Glad winter is coming ;)
Use Real Temp instead of PC Probe. The ASUS software reads from a motherboard sensor whereas Real Temp uses the DTSes built into the CPU cores.

zero, though wouldnt two 460's produce more D than the loss he would take from running them?

zero, though wouldnt two 460's produce more D than the loss he would take from running them?
Probably, but the PPD loss would still be considerable compared to what he would get if he ran the 460s in another system and either ran a single GPU2 client or nothing at all on the 980X box.

Just a question......

If this is a Wendy's Triple with Cheese, what in the heck is a double order or SR-2?

Back