• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I never read my PM's

[LYL]Homer

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
4,209
I forget to look because I don't see anything happening. I searched back and I see that popups are disabled. Good, I hate them anyway.

Is there a way that the "Unread" pm text could change to some high-contrast color when it equals a count of other than zero? Cyan or blue maybe, something that is very different than the black/red/gray/yellow stuff?

I suppose blinking text would be pushing it....:D
 
[LYL]Homer;1030811454 said:
I searched back and I see that popups are disabled.

thats your only way to get notified other than looking up there deliberately every time.. oh and they go bold too when u get a new one...
 
Don't you get an email notification?

That's what usually notifies me if I am not paying attention. :)

I actually like the vB PM popup as its just a simple little cancel to get it to go away and it is only seen when you get a new PM, but it does use more resources on the server so I see why it is not enabled here. Email or keen eyes has been working fine for me. :D
 
Just get into the habit of looking up there whenever you load the front page. Just a quick glance, shorter than the blink of an eye.
 
yeah, Im obsessive about my email so I also see that. I dont open the email, its just a "ehy you got a PM" thing. Same with thread notifications.

I think there are ways to change a page's CSS code in realtime with certain events. Im sure you could find a way to change the formatting to make the bolded stuff in that div become 200 point font and bright green...long as you are running firefox of course.
 
Once I figured out subscribed threads and the user control panel yearss ago, browsing vb forums and replying to PM's are so much easier. Your PM's should show up in the UserCP as someone else stated.
 
I bet if you use Greasemonkey (a Firefox addon) you could probably find a script to make your PM notification light up or something...Greasemonkey is so very useful. It's a must have Firefox extension, get it!
 
Back
Top