I need to buy something cool.

any particular thing you are looking for? whats your current setup? more information is needed.

My System:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Asus K8V SE Deluxe
1Gigabyte of KingstonHyperX PC3200
36GB Raptor HDD
200GB Seagate HDD
eVga 6800GT OCed to Ultra speeds
Ultra 600WATT PSU

A new power supply over that p.o.s. ultra. Get an OCZ Modstream 450W for $80. Then save that $70.

get an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum or some new speakers.... like a pair of used Klipsch Promdia 4.1's or some used Logitech Z680's
you can never go wrong with speakers =]

otherwise sell ur mobo/cpu combo and use that $$ to switch u out to the new Socket 939 64

or Buy a 74 gig raptor and install ur porgrams on it and just leave windows running on the 36 gig..

soo many options... soo many desisions.... whats a guy like you to do?

if u cant make up ur mind im fully willing to take the money of your hands if it just becomes too troublesome =D

jabronidan said:
A new power supply over that p.o.s. ultra. Get an OCZ Modstream 450W for $80. Then save that $70.

and yea... replacing the power supply wouldent be a bad idea eather.... those ultras have already started to prove that they are not a power supply worthy of the title "RELIABLE"...
me... i love m Dual Power setup (Enermax 550W EPS + Zalman 400W) WOOT!

AlexStenka said:
I never had any kinds of problems with my PSU so..........

The reason people keep on saying replace the power supply is that it looks like the powersupply, or at least the actuall "innards" is made by Powmax. If that name doesn't ring a bell, I'd call Powmax the Yugo of power supplies, but that would be an insult to Yugo owners.

I guess if you're not overclocking and nowhere near 500 watts, then don't fret it...just know that it's not going to be the most stable or secure PSU once you get near using all 500 watts at once.

Oh, to actually answer your "what should I buy" question...ignoring a new PSU...err...a hell of a lot of beer and pizza? ;)

Hey, it's your system, what do you think you need? If your heatsink is stock on the video card, since you're OCing it something like an Arctic Cool NV 5 Silencer maybe? More quiet and cools better, only minus is that it is a two slot heatsink/fan. And won't cost nearly $150.00, so you can still get almost as much beer and pizza to celebrate swapping out your video card's heatsink with the new one. :D

yeah I might get a new heatsink for my GPU, but what else can I get......say maby WoW and a 60-day suscribtion?

And maby even some beer and pizza or even something better.......you know what I mean it smells damn good lol :p

Arvig said:
The reason people keep on saying replace the power supply is that it looks like the powersupply, or at least the actuall "innards" is made by Powmax. If that name doesn't ring a bell, I'd call Powmax the Yugo of power supplies, but that would be an insult to Yugo owners.

I guess if you're not overclocking and nowhere near 500 watts, then don't fret it...just know that it's not going to be the most stable or secure PSU once you get near using all 500 watts at once.

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1027138187&postcount=110

Some people just don't know what they're talkin about ... A new case would be a great investment ... you should look into a Lian Li .. somewhere in the forums there was this website that selling them for low prices ..

You might even wanna look into water cooling ... instead of a silencer ..

good luck ...

Better yet, invest in the stock market. More reliable return than the lottery. ;)

I know I already said beer and pizza, but have you considered beer, pizza and a hooker? ;)

Arvig said:
I know I already said beer and pizza, but have you considered beer, pizza and a hooker? ;)

Why the hooker? Does he need help eating the pizza and drinking the beer?

Disarray said:
Why the hooker? Does he need help eating the pizza and drinking the beer?

Well, maybe. Let's say he splits his $50.00 into three parts. $50 for the hooker (hey, I said hooker, not call girl), $50 for the pizza and $50 for the beer. $50 should get him a lot of pizza, and $50 for beer will be a fair amount, even if he buys a decent import or microbrew...if he's getting something like Milwaukee's "Best" or something like Schmidt or some other animal urine swill, he's going to have a pretty large amout of beer, especially if he has a Costco or some other wherehouse store close by and can pay bulk prices. (OEM beer anyone?) Anyway, assuming he wants to consume this all in one sitting, he'll need at least one other person there, hence the $50.00 hooker. Might get him drunk enough that he won't mind he only paid for a $50.00 hooker in fact.

Err...to be on topic and not mention food, booze or prostitutes, I do like the idea of a new case. Otherwise...other then getting a second hard drive that matches one of his original ones and running a RAID 0 just because he can, can't think of an upgrade that's needed for his system that's within $150.00.

Second serious answer, Windows XP 64 will be out in April according to one article I saw, if it's priced like Win XP Pro, an OEM copy will be roughly $150.00, save it for a couple months and get that. ;)

Bump it up!
I'll be thinking of what to buy from this thread what about 512 more ram??? I'm thinking of getting an mx510 but I have a good microsoft mouse it was like 50$ and no wires. :p

Better save one of those $50 for a shot of penicillin too.

On topic, you can never have too much neon tubing in a system, time to pimp that ride!

how about making urself look better, get a gym membership. Then buy some new clothes to wear instead of that potato sack that u are wearing now. JK

Disarray said:
Better save one of those $50 for a shot of penicillin too.

On topic, you can never have too much neon tubing in a system, time to pimp that ride!

No need for the penicillin if he makes sure that $10 of his $50 in beer is past expiration date. Take the stale beer, open up it's lid/bottle cap/whatever, put it in the oven overnight with the oven barely on, like at 120 degrees F. Next day, pour said stale beer over...err...any potentially infected parts, voila instant cure.

Did say RAM could be a good idea, but editing that, especially since your board might do something odd like run it's memory FSB at 333 and not 400 with a third stick of 512mb, a lot of Socket 754 boards do that with three sticks of memory I think.

What optical drives do you have? You could get faster optical drives and even some disks to burn stuff, and still have some money left over for later, maybe not a hooker but at least pizza and/or beer. Or if you just have to have bleeding edge, I think one can get a Plextor SATA DVD burner for roughly $150.00...a LOT more then an IDE DVD burner, but hey...be the first kid on your block to have a SATA Optical drive. ;)

Nomikal said:
Odd fellow...Acts as if money should be disposed of immediately. :rolleyes:
money is always burning through my pocket, even if its just a quarter, I have to find something to buy! i know, im a freak. :)

AlexStenka said:

I may seem like an ass for asking but I have 2 questions:

1. How long are you gonna keep bumping this up? You've gotten just about every recommendation you can get including lotto tickets, stocks, beer, hookers, cases, motherboards, cpus, cooling, lighting, hard drives and power supplies. Just make a decision already.

2. Isn't this the motherboard forum?

meatycheesyboy said:

1. How long are you gonna keep bumping this up? You've gotten just about every recommendation you can get including lotto tickets, stocks, beer, hookers, cases, motherboards, cpus, cooling, lighting, hard drives and power supplies. Just make a decision already.

2. Isn't this the motherboard forum?
Hmm, truth be told, you have gotten just about every suggestion possible. What more do you want from us? :( LOL :D

meatycheesyboy said:

Maybe he's bumping in hopes he can get ALL of the above for only $150.00.

Well let's see...he goes to a supermarket, buys a frozen pizza... $3.00
Case of cheap beer...call that around........... $10.00
REALLY skanky hooker ................... $20.00
Reusues the box the case of beer came in for a PC case ................. Free
Buys some shares of Infinium Labs stock .................... Probably free in a few months ;)
5 scratch tickets ..................... $5.00
Second case of cheap beer, so he can ignore what he
caught from the skanky hooker for a couple hours ...................... $10.00
A 60 watt lightbulb painted blue to simulate a blue
cold cathode tube ........................... $1.00, painted (I think)

Err...need I continue...my point is that it's easy for him to get ALL these things for just $150.00 :D

EDIT: And before someone comments, NO I don't know first hand if one can get a hooker for $20.00 dollars. THAT is just a guess. :p

Back