I need some SATA cables....where can I find these?

N

NecessaryEvil

sideopen.jpg

SATA.jpg

As you can see in this picture, the SATA cables are creating a bit more stress on the PCB connectors than I'd like.

Does anyone know where I can get a half-size SATA cable so it won't be hitting the fan guard?

I need them in 36" length...and 8 of them.
I thought about right angle cables, but I have my doubts based on cables I've used previously.

have you tried the secure connect cable, i think they are a bit shorter

YOu can also get them with a 90 degree bend on them too, so you they won't stick straight out.

I've had issues with the right angle connectors when used on the motherboard.

the secure cable looks interesting, but I'm using the SATA power plugs, 1 drive is a Seagate, and the cables just aren't long enough.

nope, k1pper. 18" is too short. 24" is stretching it. I'd rather have a 36" and have excess that I can just stuff away.

You could get a new Lian-Li V1200B case.. that would give you plenty of space for your HD's and better cable management.

I use them and I use the V2000B Full Tower for my 4 Drive 74gb Raptor Raid 10 and 2 250gb WD Drive setup.. Plenty of space for the 6 HD's with room to grow.

NecessaryEvil said:
nope, k1pper. 18" is too short. 24" is stretching it. I'd rather have a 36" and have excess that I can just stuff away.

oh, ha, forgot about that

TheGameguru said:
You could get a new Lian-Li V1200B case.. that would give you plenty of space for your HD's and better cable management.

I use them and I use the V2000B Full Tower for my 4 Drive 74gb Raptor Raid 10 and 2 250gb WD Drive setup.. Plenty of space for the 6 HD's with room to grow.

the V1200B is unsuitable for my needs. I'd be giving up rackmount capability. Cable management wouldn't be improved by that much. I wouldn't be able to install the 8 drives I plan to.

the V2000B would be wasteful, as it has more space than I'd use.

since someone suggested a new case, though he wants the rack mount, why not get a rack mound raid box?

Take a look here 36" 90 degree SATA cables for 7.95. They have just about any kind of angle you'd need and are the cheapest souce I've found so far. I picked up 2 dozen of the 90's and 270's about a month ago for 6 servers at work (with spares for expansion) and I'm quite happy with them.

Hope that helps.

k1pp3r said:
since someone suggested a new case, though he wants the rack mount, why not get a rack mound raid box?

thats true.. .I would get an rackmount external SATA enclosure.. or just go to SCSI as you'll find plenty of good cheap enclosures.

Back