I need some help with my network...

EET

Limp Gawd
Looking for help here from anyone that can give it to me. Surfing the web hasn't seemed to be affected at all, that's why I think it's related to Steam...

I've already gone through a reinstall of the OS (Vista Ult. 64) and Steam, and I'm still having issues, not sure what it's related to.

I can connect to servers on CSS, TF2, L4D, etc (sometimes), but once I get in-game, 95% of the time it basically acts like the network cable is unplugged...

426434688.png

Just ran it, so the connection is fine, and supposedly the other computers in the house are fine as far as their connection goes, but mine keeps having major issues any time I try to connect to a game. I was just playing at a mini lan last night without any problems.

RouterLog.gif

I installed Comodo (Couldn't install ZoneAlarm since there supposedly isn't support for it for Vista 64), and so far I still seem to be having issues. I'm at my wits' end, I'm almost ready to format every single partition on the laptop and start from scratch.

-----------------------

I did a little searching on UDP floods and found it could be related to a torrent client. I have one, but haven't set it up or used it since the new install, so I don't know if it could have something to do with that or not?

TTT

I think I've weaseled my way into at least being able to play stuff online, but it still isn't up to snuff.

Should also add I was at a friend's house playing online the other night, so I don't understand how it could be directly related to my IP address on my network at home...:mad:

So can you connect to Steam and online games from other PCs just fine?

I can now, I think I'm getting the hang of Comodo a little bit. I've gotten to where I can at least play CSS, played it for quite a while tonight without issue. I'm still getting the TCP/UDP port scans, SYN floods, and LAN-side UDP floods though. Hasn't really seemed to affect my connection, but it's still showing up in the log, which has me slightly concerned.

I had to mess with the rates in CSS before I could get a happy medium for now. I used to be able to set my cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate to 100, and rate at 20000, but now I can only get the update/cmdrate to around 75 before I start having issues (at least that's the highest I got)... set it to 100 and I'm back to losing my connection.

Back