AncientGamer555
n00b
- Joined
- Dec 19, 2011
- Messages
- 1
Some history......Got my first console in 1979 it was an Atari 2600 and I was living in Europe at the time. I was 6, then I owned a NES, then SNES, then Atari Jaguar, Dream Cast then PS1 and PS2, lastly a Nintendo 64. I then started building my own PC's for gaming. I have not gamed on a PC though in about 10-12 years. So I am way out of touch with current video card technology.
My kids where playing my PS2. I lanned and bought a Wii for my 9 year old twin boys that only play EA Sports games and kind of little kid like games. My oldest boy 13 plays only first person shooters like Call of Duty and similar games to that on the same PS2.
I had planned to get him something to replace the PS2 once I saw what Sony and Microsoft where going to do after Nintendo brings the Wii-U to market. So I can not afford to get him an Xbox or PS3 at this moment. So I would like to put a better video card in my desk top so he can still game until I can get him a better console.
What I need to know is how much video card I need to provide a decent environment for Call of Duty MW3 for him. I am on a tight budget and I do not have a massive power supply in my Desk Top. So I am looking for a Video Card in the $100 price range that does not need a separate power wire. When I built this desk top I did not have gaming in mind. So it is built with an Elite 310 ATX case with 350W power supply, Asus ATX board, 5GB of Ram, Dual Core AMD X64 3.2Ghz CPU, and a very average hard drive not a small fast hard drive and not a multi hard drive RAID set up. OS is XP. It currently has NVIDA 7050 integrated graphics.
My goal is to be able to provide a playing experience that is better then COD MW3 on the Wii. So I do not need and can not afford some $300 beast of a video card. He only plays games about 1-2 times a week and will often go months with out playing. I am guessing I need to be able to maintain a frame rate higher then 30fps and need to have fast fill rates . I tried to figure out what cards needed a separate power wire and what cards would work with a 350W power supply but I am just not finding it to be an easy thing to do having been gone so long.
Thanks for any help. Their are so many chip sets on the market from ATI/AMD/NVIDA from past to present and with different memory interfaces and memory types it is a night mare trying to compare them all.
Love this site I have a lot of catching up to do!!! I have already picked out some games I want to try like SKYRIM.
My kids where playing my PS2. I lanned and bought a Wii for my 9 year old twin boys that only play EA Sports games and kind of little kid like games. My oldest boy 13 plays only first person shooters like Call of Duty and similar games to that on the same PS2.
I had planned to get him something to replace the PS2 once I saw what Sony and Microsoft where going to do after Nintendo brings the Wii-U to market. So I can not afford to get him an Xbox or PS3 at this moment. So I would like to put a better video card in my desk top so he can still game until I can get him a better console.
What I need to know is how much video card I need to provide a decent environment for Call of Duty MW3 for him. I am on a tight budget and I do not have a massive power supply in my Desk Top. So I am looking for a Video Card in the $100 price range that does not need a separate power wire. When I built this desk top I did not have gaming in mind. So it is built with an Elite 310 ATX case with 350W power supply, Asus ATX board, 5GB of Ram, Dual Core AMD X64 3.2Ghz CPU, and a very average hard drive not a small fast hard drive and not a multi hard drive RAID set up. OS is XP. It currently has NVIDA 7050 integrated graphics.
My goal is to be able to provide a playing experience that is better then COD MW3 on the Wii. So I do not need and can not afford some $300 beast of a video card. He only plays games about 1-2 times a week and will often go months with out playing. I am guessing I need to be able to maintain a frame rate higher then 30fps and need to have fast fill rates . I tried to figure out what cards needed a separate power wire and what cards would work with a 350W power supply but I am just not finding it to be an easy thing to do having been gone so long.
Thanks for any help. Their are so many chip sets on the market from ATI/AMD/NVIDA from past to present and with different memory interfaces and memory types it is a night mare trying to compare them all.
Love this site I have a lot of catching up to do!!! I have already picked out some games I want to try like SKYRIM.