I need help fast

Kingpin

Gawd
Im running windows 7 home, out of the blue I got a BSOD and now on reboot it says "Bootmgr is missing, press Ctrl/alt/del to restart". Iv come across a basic fix but it's not working.

When I try Method 1, #5 "choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next.", the drive doesn't show up. Clicking "startup repair" doesn't fix it.

On Method 2, the command prompt, I type Bootrec.exe, none of the options work. I get the following for each.
"is not recognized as an internal or external comman, operable program or batch file".....I cant do Method 3 as "System Recovery Options dialog box" doesn't give me a option to pick anything, its blank.

Extra info the mobo is P8Z68-V Pro Gen3. The OS hard drive is on a SSD. I need to fix this and now, this is my work pc. Thanks

What SSD do you have?

Did you try different SATA cables and ports?

See if updating the firmware will help.

Also, check out the SSD in another PC to make sure it's actually still detected and read/writeable.

EDIT, also check to see if Windows installed the boot-partition on another drive and test that drive as well.

See if updating the firmware will help.

Also, check out the SSD in another PC to make sure it's actually still detected and read/writeable.

EDIT, also check to see if Windows installed the boot-partition on another drive and test that drive as well.

How do I check that?

In command prompt I can get to each hard drive. Hard drive C with the OS is no longer C and is now G. If I enter into windows install and go through the motions of a new install, all the other HDs show up except for G.

Not sure what that means.

Said screw it and reinstalled on another HD. SSD is dead, wont even show up now.

I am having another issue now. I had 4 hard drives on this pc, one SSD, a Raptor, a WD 1 TB and a Hitachi 1 TB. The Hitachi was broken down into 2 partitions A and B. Now only partition B is showing up under drives. How do I get A back? Thanks.

Edit: I can see both partitions under disk managment. Just not sure what to do.

Said screw it and reinstalled on another HD. SSD is dead, wont even show up now.

I am having another issue now. I had 4 hard drives on this pc, one SSD, a Raptor, a WD 1 TB and a Hitachi 1 TB. The Hitachi was broken down into 2 partitions A and B. Now only partition B is showing up under drives. How do I get A back? Thanks.

Edit: I can see both partitions under disk managment. Just not sure what to do.

Does the drive have a drive letter in disk management? If not, assign one. If it does, try accessing it from command line, and see what it says. And see if you can run chkdsk on it from cmd line.

Have you tried updating the firmware? I've had this exact thing happen to at least a dozen machines here, suddenly the crucial M4 (128 and 256's) fails to boot and flashing has always fixed them. No idea why it's out of the blue in systems operational for months.

Edit: This is the #1 reason we've switched to the samsung 830 as our drive of choice.

Back