I need a game!

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
New game time.
I'm generally a FPS/RPG kinda guy.
Now that season 6 for DIII is over, I need another game. Played FO4, but haven't touched the DLC.

Halp!

Hate the MGS games since inception. Closest thing I could tolerate to sneaky stuff was SOCOM back in the day.
DooM has been on my mind, but for SP only. However, I'm concerned about the replay value.

How is GTA? I didn't care for GTA 3 or whatever it was back on the PS3, however I'm intrigued by this new one.

Crysis 3? Good game?

I hear its pretty good. What about Borderlands?
I have Borderlands 2 in my Steam library, and I can't make it through more than about 20 minutes of it. I dislike it for the same reason I disliked Fallout 3. I just don't like the post-apocalyptic wasteland setting, and I also don't like the cast of characters.

With that in mind, if you like the Fallout series, you actually may like Borderlands.

I have Borderlands 2 in my Steam library, and I can't make it through more than about 20 minutes of it. I dislike it for the same reason I disliked Fallout 3. I just don't like the post-apocalyptic wasteland setting, and I also don't like the cast of characters.

With that in mind, if you like the Fallout series, you actually may like Borderlands.

I think I enjoyed the RPG part of FO4 more than the post-apocalyptic component. Story, leveling, slower gameplay, etc...

I just remember there being some horror FPS years ago. I hate horror games, that's why I skipped DooM III. I like a little adrenaline, but I'm not too fond of ghosts/demons spawning behind me
You should be fine. In STALKER you mostly fight other mercenaries and whatever demons that are in the game make up for a small percentage of your enemies. And the ones that are in the game are either humanoids or dog looking like creatures. That said, there are eerie moments in the game and the first time you cross mind controller, you'll most likely get upset ;)

You should be fine. In STALKER you mostly fight other mercenaries and whatever demons that are in the game make up for a small percentage of your enemies. And the ones that are in the game are either humanoids or dog looking like creatures. That said, there are eerie moments in the game and the first time you cross mind controller, you'll most likely get upset ;)

Haha. Honestly, I'm leaning towards GTAV. Having a little bit of online social stuffs is attractive...
What say you on it?

I love GTA5 & the STALKER series equally. They have their own style of entertainment.

Indeed. If you haven't played Witcher 3, you owe it to yourself to play at least that one - it makes Dragon Age look like amateur hour. It makes more sense if you play the first two before starting Witcher 3, but you don't by any means have to.

OP, what about the latest doom? It's all action hardly any horror. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Also, you might want to try the latest Splinter Cell game. Also, you mentioned you hated Metal Gear Solid since inception which would suggest to me you've only played one of them and as a "hardcore" fan of MGS since the first one came out on Playstation I can firmly say that MGS 5 is unlike any of the previous MGS games. I put well over 100 hours into the game alone because of how open-world it is.

I personally am a shooter fan such as yourself and i'm catching up on a lot of the older Tom Clancy games I never played. Right now i'm playing Rainbow Six Lockdown. Looks dated, but it's really fun and has some great challenge. Also playing Splinter Cell Blacklist which is pretty good so far too. You might also like Far Cry 3, 4, or Mad Max. My current games i'm cycling through is Rainbow Six Lockdown, Black Mesa, Mad Max, and ARMA 3 every once in a while. ARMA 3 is incredibly satisfying if combat simulators are your thing and you're okay with trying to remember bunches of key mappings.

Also, as others have said I would highly suggest Witcher 3 as well. Never was much of a RPG fan until I played it and it is now my favorite game of all time. It really really is well done.

I went ahead and bought GTAV.
I am gonna give DooM a shot when I finish up GTA. I return to school for my final class/lab this semester, so I picked somethinf that hopefully won't completely suck me in until thats finished. I know with DooM that I won't be able to put it down. Cant ruin my 4.0 and wanna stay in good standing with the NHS.

I played some Far Cry 4, beautiful game.

MGS: last one I played was on the PS1/2. I dislike third person shooters, and I don't like a whole game centered around being sneaky. Just from reviews, it seems that it is exactly that way?

I forgot about ARMA 3. It is on my list of games to play.

I tried out FFXIV trial and hated it. I hate the new FF game's battle system. To me, the last enjoyable FF game was X. It's making me ill thinking that I probably won't enjoy the VII remake due to the battle system that S-E has shifted to in recent years.

MGS: last one I played was on the PS1/2. I dislike third person shooters, and I don't like a whole game centered around being sneaky. Just from reviews, it seems that it is exactly that way?

Sneaking is definitely part of the game, however you don't HAVE to sneak. They made the game so you can approach any given situation the way you want to which is what I liked. I mean shit, you can call it freaking air-strikes and attack runs from your helicopter too if you want. lol. There were plenty of times I didn't feel like sneaking and gunned it through.

Last edited:
Doom is a great 10-12 hour game. If you can find it for 30 or around that it is totally worth it. Try Amazon. They had it for 30 a few days back.

Witcher 3 is a great RPG that you won't be able to put down. Remember to go beyond first 4-5 hours to truly see what the game be holds.

GTA V is also a good choice.

I would say try the Metro Redux games. The new combat system requires less sneaking and games are truly amazing to look at.

Finally, I recommend Far cry 3 and 4 if you want open world shooting action.

Doom, Wolfentstein The New Order for shooters with just a touch of horror.

I'm really enjoying the new Mirror's Edge game too.

Did you play SOMA or Alien?

Edit: I removed The Evil Within after reading one of your later posts. I thought you wanted horror, not the other way around.

Edit Edit: Read the rest of the thread now that I had a minute to do it. I don't think you'd like Alien or SOMA then if you don't like sneaking. However, SOMA (while largely stealth-based) is a really incredible suspenseful sci-fi experience. I'd probably still recommend it, and it might even change your mind a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both are great games actually, but yeah, in the case of the OP, I think Doom 2016 would be far better.

It's a pretty game! Excellent frame rates for having everything nearly maxed out @1440p. Seems to average in the area of 80fps.

A couple of older games I enjoyed: Deus Ex Human Revolution, DMC Devil May Cry

I wish we could get a new ARPG dungeon grinder kinda game like Diablo. I already spent way too much time in Grim Dawn and plowed through Victor Vran pretty quick. Something new would be nice on this front, probably my most favorite type of game to play these days for whatever reason. Used to be games like the Witcher and Dragon Age with lots of story and endless hours of gameplay but I prefer more "jump in and play" without endless cutscenes when I have less time.

WEll this would be a REALLY GREAT GAME FOR You If YOU like FPS its aq FPS MMO and theres a TV show about it too iv been enjoying it for a white now and the ppl in game are very nice and freindly wont find any trolls at all witch i found to be kinda wierd at first not use to that :p THE GAME IS free to PLAY but to unlock the stuff youll have to play what i did was get the seasion pass off of steam that game me almost everything then i spent abut 25 extra on instore items and ull be set and now im gonna subscribe to the game its that much fun you can ride 4 wheelers and dune buggies and dodge chargers and suvs in game kinda makes me feel like mad max in one of thos if u subscribe to game u can get 90 days for $26 dollars thats cheeper then a swtor game card and warcraft game card and u get more game time as well and we all love more bang for our buck right :p :) link down below weapons are upgradeable and modable i always feel like saying in game after each kill KABLAM MOFO'S LOL :p :)

GAME is - DEFIANCE can be played on ( PC , Sony , Xbox)

Defiance | Watch the Show, Play the Game, Change the World

reminds me of fallout for the fast travel maps and rift for its rifts or here arkfalls !

P.S Tv Show is interesting to watch if u watch it id start with the first show to get an idea of the story and what is going on an what happend then the game will make more sence to ya !

WEll this would be a REALLY GREAT GAME FOR You If YOU like FPS its aq FPS MMO and theres a TV show about it too iv been enjoying it for a white now and the ppl in game are very nice and freindly wont find any trolls at all witch i found to be kinda wierd at first not use to that :p THE GAME IS free to PLAY but to unlock the stuff youll have to play what i did was get the seasion pass off of steam that game me almost everything then i spent abut 25 extra on instore items and ull be set and now im gonna subscribe to the game its that much fun you can ride 4 wheelers and dune buggies and dodge chargers and suvs in game kinda makes me feel like mad max in one of thos if u subscribe to game u can get 90 days for $26 dollars thats cheeper then a swtor game card and warcraft game card and u get more game time as well and we all love more bang for our buck right :p :) link down below weapons are upgradeable and modable i always feel like saying in game after each kill KABLAM MOFO'S LOL :p :)

GAME is - DEFIANCE can be played on ( PC , Sony , Xbox)

Defiance | Watch the Show, Play the Game, Change the World

reminds me of fallout for the fast travel maps and rift for its rifts or here arkfalls !

P.S Tv Show is interesting to watch if u watch it id start with the first show to get an idea of the story and what is going on an what happend then the game will make more sence to ya !

Thanks, Ill check it out!
Please do us all a favor though, and use a few periods. That was kinda difficult to read.

Played Defiance for a little while. The group events were really fun.

CS GO competitive is like a crack addiction. Too bad it takes like a ten hour grind in DM or Casual to be able to unlock it.

I think an amazing game that will captivate you for quite some time is The Witcher 3. Probably one of the best titles released in recent memory. It is a contender for the best game of all time in my opinion. If you even moderately enjoy RPGs, you would be doing yourself a disservice by missing out on this.

Back