I love my Blackberry Storm!

Tracking and sliding around the page feels more responsive now too. Can't wait for more updates!

Oh...and how much would it suck to be an avg consumer and stuck on .75?!

RIM earned their bad press with this thing, that's for sure.

Oooh, even the portrait qwerty seems more accurate and smooth! Woot! 1st time I've enjoyed posting on this thing. :)

Now get us some games!

I'm still on .75. I have a strong hesitancy towards trying the betas. crackberry.com always has someone that ended up bricking their phone or something trying a beta, and I don't want to be that guy. I'm waiting for an official release which I hope is soon. Bell released .122 as an official release so with any luck Verizon will be close behind.

I completely hosed mine by ising windows 7 wo/ compat mode or the updates. It just sat there giving me the red eye. :-(

But then I found a fix for that and learned a lot for the fail. This recent bell update was the easiest yet. Didn't lose anything, but lag.

After horsin around, the rams still @ 40 and I've got a 1500kbps episode of lost waiting on me. :)

Ur gonna be so happy with the updates...can't wait to hear ya ravin bout it. For example, hitting the back/delete button can now be held at least in opera. It hauls through full sentences in seconds now.

There's hope! I just can't get over the speed improvements. I don't wanna stop typing, lol. BTW, this whole post was done on the new portrait qwerty w/ my fat thumbs. U can really haul some ass on after a little practice.

Damn, its 4am! Let me know if u have any specific questions and ill answer em later today...time for sleep...zzzz

I'm still on .75. I have a strong hesitancy towards trying the betas. crackberry.com always has someone that ended up bricking their phone or something trying a beta, and I don't want to be that guy. I'm waiting for an official release which I hope is soon. Bell released .122 as an official release so with any luck Verizon will be close behind.

Bricking the phone is a HIGHLY overused term on Crackberry.... A "507 Reload OS" error does NOT mean it's bricked... Think of it like a PC before you install Windows.....

AFAIK, bricked means done. I got very close w/ my red blinking light of doom. Scare the crap out of me. It wouldn't even respond or be seen by a Windows XP machine. But an app (can't remember which) did manage to talk to it and fixor my favorite new paper weight. :p

The only phone I've actually "bricked" would be the Samsung Blackjack II. But that's just a nicer term for "frisbee fone madness!" RIP little guy.

PS. Damn those posts from my storm look ugly on a big res! I'll have to ease up

on

the

page

breaks.

Got my Storm today and upgraded to .113. It seems to be a toss up between that and .122 as to which is better from what I've read.

I ran into a bit of trouble when updating at first using Windows 7. Apparently USB Suspend needs to be disabled in the power settings or the flashing process will stop at a certain point. Disabled that, rebooted, and I upgraded to .113 without issue.

First post via BB Storm! Keyboard takes a little getting used to but its not bad at all. Quite happy with this device so far.

I use portrait exclusively now. I'd really love a mavis teaches surepress or at least a nice typing speed test app.

It def takes some getting used too, but after awhile u can really learn to fly on this thing.

Got my Storm today and upgraded to .113. It seems to be a toss up between that and .122 as to which is better from what I've read.

I ran into a bit of trouble when updating at first using Windows 7. Apparently USB Suspend needs to be disabled in the power settings or the flashing process will stop at a certain point. Disabled that, rebooted, and I upgraded to .113 without issue.

I think what happens is that between the time the device does its initial reboot and goes into the app install phase, the USB port goes to sleep and doesn't wake back up when the device's JVM comes back on-line. The Storm is listening, but the USB port isn't talking.

First post via BB Storm! Keyboard takes a little getting used to but its not bad at all. Quite happy with this device so far.

My attitude on the keyboard is, it's not the easiest thing to type on, but phones generally aren't anyways (give me my desktop keyboard!). You're not going to compose your Masters Thesis on it. The extra screen real estate is worth the trade-off, and the click screen is an awesome way to control the GUI. It doesn't work as well as I had hoped for typing, but touchscreen devices generally don't. If it didn't click, it wouldn't be any easier to type on; but the GUI would be more prone to accidental clicks IMHO.

I wasn't really impressed with the storm until I updated to 113.

Now its starting to impress me.

I wasn't really impressed with the storm until I updated to 113.

Now its starting to impress me.

I've got the Bell .122 installed; but it began to impress me around .99 - .75 didn't do anything for me but it was stable. Slow, but stable. .109 was when the camera really improved, IMHO. Which was the WORST part of .75

My attitude on the keyboard is, it's not the easiest thing to type on, but phones generally aren't anyways (give me my desktop keyboard!). You're not going to compose your Masters Thesis on it. The extra screen real estate is worth the trade-off, and the click screen is an awesome way to control the GUI. It doesn't work as well as I had hoped for typing, but touchscreen devices generally don't. If it didn't click, it wouldn't be any easier to type on; but the GUI would be more prone to accidental clicks IMHO.

I agree. I think would rather have a on screen keyboard than a slide out physical keyboard--less bulk. I never did much typing on my BB Curve but the keys seemed kinda small. My HTC XV6700's keyboard was alright but hated putting the thing in my jean pocket because it was fat! I was very close to getting the HTC Touch but I'm happy with the Storm.

I also love it. Except when comparing copy and paste from a touch screen windows 6.1 phone to a storm.

.131 was leaked today. People are reporting overall snappier performance--faster camera, accelerometer, browser, picture viewing, locking/unlocking, etc. I have yet to try it but it looks promising.

.131 was leaked today. People are reporting overall snappier performance--faster camera, accelerometer, browser, picture viewing, locking/unlocking, etc. I have yet to try it but it looks promising.

I loaded up the .122/.131 hybrid a couple hours ago(Since .131 is for the 9500, so the radio code wont work). So far all I have noticed is a slight improvement with the accelerometer, and a bit of an improvement in the camera speed as well. No stability issues yet (Not that I have ever had any. QuickPull reset every night keeps it running beautifully).

I haven't found any negatives over .122 (Which was the best up to this point IMO). So I shall continue running this hybrid until the next best thing comes along.

On a side note, I think it is humorous to see so many people over at CrackBerry waiting so impatiently for an "Official" release from their service provider. I honestly just don't see the point. The leaked versions seem to always be a few steps ahead of the "Official" releases, yet people continue to get their panties in a bunch :D. Oh well... I'm happy with my storm, that's all I care about.

Nice, thanks for the update guys. I'm w/ you wizman, I'll take a new beta every 2 weeks for next 2 years, hehe.

Dont be afraid to upgrade the OS/Firmware on blackberry devices. I Work in IT at a hospital, and have upgraded many for the Dr.s here. not to mention my own at least 5 times.

There is nothing you can do short of actually doing physical damage to them that is not recoverable. all your info is backed up automatically before the process.

My very first day with my device, i upgraded. in the middle of loading my circuit breaker pops. my device wouldn't boot up, and just had a flashing red light. the process to resolve this was easly found throuh google and i was up and running in no time (well 45 min, but thats the normal time it takes to flash it)

I have had 4 devices give me problems, including the 507 error. and every one i have touched is still working

just do it.

Damn that flashing red light. Freaked me out 1st time I updated a blackberry, hehe.

I just can't believe Verizon hasn't made any of these leaked versions official. They may not be perfect but the latest .113/.122/.132 are certainly tons better than .75 that came out wayyyyyy back in December.

I heard a report that .113 was supposed to be official. were they just blowing smoke up the "reporters" ass like they've been doing to their customers? I heard from a VZ rep that there was supposed to be one the end of march or April 15th.

Yup, I read and foolishly believed a report on BGR that we'd have something official on the 1st of May. That tore their credibility up for sure.

I know of 2 users who have been suffering on .75 and I do feel terrible for them. :(

I'm sticking with .132 for now. .141 requires swapping a file to fix the unlock issue. .141 makes an overall speed improvement but I'm going to be lazy for now.

I'm sticking with .132 for now. .141 requires swapping a file to fix the unlock issue. .141 makes an overall speed improvement but I'm going to be lazy for now.

I'll have to agree on that one. After reading through the threads about .141, I think I'll skip it and wait for the next one.

What unlock issue? I'm running the hybrid that was the first .141 form available and all I did was swap replace the java file from .141 to my .122 folder and mine is running perfectly. No hiccups (except that QuickLaunch flickers).

Yes, if you have a 9530 (VZW). I'd recommend making a complete backup beforehand though.

I dunno about reccommending it to someone when they don't know about the potential issues that can come about. I had to return a phone because of one of the beta OS's. I had issues, so I wiped the phone and reloaded the official .75 OS, but it still had same problems where the touch screen wasn't working right. Just my opinion...

I have went from .75->.113->.132 without any issues with the exception of my backup not automatically restoring. I have yet to mess with hybrids but the installation of leaks that were made for the 9530 have been as simple as running the executables and letting DM do its job. As far as the unclock issue with .141--I think that may have affected the 9530 leak, not the 9500 that was leaked a day or so before it...not sure though. Basically pressing any of the 4 front buttons will unlock it. With .132 and some previous versions the same thing will happen but you have to hold the end key. Feature or bug, I'm not sure.

I am not a Storm fan myself. I dont like the click screen. The OS feels like EEE PC linux.

Some like the click and some hate it. I like it for typing as it allows a accidentally "bump" of a key without actually pressing it. I can't comment on how it compares to the EEE's Linux OS but there are several decent themes available that really change how the device functions and displays content.

Back