• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I love all these debates.

Rizen

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 16, 2000
Messages
9,509
The fact that there is such intense debate here is great now. I was VERY dissapointed by the FX series by NVIDIA, ATI just royally trounced them. But now both ATI and NVIDIA have some awesome cards, and it is showing by just how much fan-dom is going on in here :) I think it's excellent, I don't care who wins (And the new cards allowed me to get my 9800 PRO for 200 bucks.)

I hope this competition continues.
 
Yea, I agree. I love competition. I'm the kind of person who has to have the newest and best. I went out upgraded from 9800pro to an X800pro. What a performace leap! I cant wait to see what the card will do when I upgrade my mobo/processor a couple of months away. But Im an ATI man all the way. Just ran 3dmark2003 10,664 :D By the way I would of sold you my 9800 pro for $125
 
I got my 9800 PRO for 200 in the middle of May though, no worries :)
 
Rizen said:
The fact that there is such intense debate here is great now. I was VERY dissapointed by the FX series by NVIDIA, ATI just royally trounced them.

Yep, nvidia got wiped.

But now both ATI and NVIDIA have some awesome cards, and it is showing by just how much fan-dom is going on in here :) I think it's excellent, I don't care who wins (And the new cards allowed me to get my 9800 PRO for 200 bucks.)

I hope this competition continues.

The cool part is the end user is benefitting. Would we have had a SM3.0 card so early if the 9800XT wasn't so fast? Would we have had the option for full trilinear in the NV40 if such a big stink wasn't made about the NV3x's forced brilinear? Would their be a arms-race style driver battle? Would developers be scrambling to implement the latest and greatest technologies without NV and ATI so fiercly competing?

I'm getting complaints and being called a "fanboy" by select individuals ;) because I posted a screenshot depicting a probable shortcoming in ATI's trilinear filtering optimizations (and movies in the past). What the people don't know who are accusing me is that by pointing these things out, we get the companies on their toes and make them keep their act together. The end user benefits in the end.
 
Exactly :) The current generation of cards and their performance is simply stunning. And it's making both companies better. 2 years ago I would never have bought an ATI. A year ago, I never would have bought an NVIDIA :p Now I am on the fence as to which card I think is better (if forced to buy one right now I would get a 6800GT, however). I can't wait to see how this all plays out with driver optimizations.

I am probably going to wait for the next revision of cards to upgrade as my 9800 PRO plays everything as I like it right now. By then I think the upgrade choices will be stunning :eek:
 
Back
Top