I keep hearing

fightingfi

2[H]4U
I keep hearing how this IS the BEST Board for your amd cpu MSI’s new X570 Tomahawk motherboard ? WHY is this board the best? everywhere i look and read its this *Board* if its so true then why is my board cheaper and kicks just as much ass?
X570 AORUS ELITE
and i paid 50 Bucks less than the msi board LOL? Ive used a MSI board once for a customer and oh man did it S U C K...........kept crashing even after updating teh bios for it over heated like a mofo it was at stock and always seemd to lack more than 4 sata ports. im a huge FAN of Fans so i know it wasnt the case or lack of cooling.

Ive never liked MSI and will prolly never use one kind of like adata brands nothing but burnt and bad stuff from them in my exp.

I've used nothing but MSI boards for ten years now. Never had a problem. In fact, I'm looking at the MSI TRX40 PRO 10G for my new build.

Reactions: noko
like this
Hardware Unboxed just did a video about the MSI X570 Tomahawk. Sounds pretty good.

I'm actually using a MSI X370 board, can't say I've had too many problems, and the problems I did have seem to be more of an issue with the early Ryzen platform than MSI.

Reactions: noko
like this
It's rare that there is a clear cut "best motherboard" for any CPU. I seriously doubt it's true here. Case in point: The GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master probably has the best VRM's on it, but functionally, the MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE is just as good. That's to say, it's has a high quality VRM that will functionally achieve anything the X570 Aorus Master can.

I keep hearing how this IS the BEST Board for your amd cpu MSI’s new X570 Tomahawk motherboard ? WHY is this board the best? everywhere i look and read its this *Board* if its so true then why is my board cheaper and kicks just as much ass?
X570 AORUS ELITE
and i paid 50 Bucks less than the msi board LOL? Ive used a MSI board once for a customer and oh man did it S U C K...........kept crashing even after updating teh bios for it over heated like a mofo it was at stock and always seemd to lack more than 4 sata ports. im a huge FAN of Fans so i know it wasnt the case or lack of cooling.

Ive never liked MSI and will prolly never use one kind of like adata brands nothing but burnt and bad stuff from them in my exp.

No idea, serious fans. I actually loathe gigafail and msi. Both suck hard. Built a TR3 with an Aorus Xtreme, a lot of stuff doesn't work right. Keep in mind this is an $850 motherboard. Hell the bios profiles do not even save the fan settings, that's an absolute fail. Gigafail also fuck up bios' a lot, like releasing a new bios for updated agesa and guess what, they forgot to actually update the agesa... wasn't that the whole point? This is why they have upteenth versions of the same bios. They will go thru and scrub the revisions so you cannot tell at a glance, lol. Look on gigafails forum, you'll read of a crapton of issues.

If you're pretty deep in like with the motherboard you have, I wouldn't worry about it. I have the Gigabyte too and it works just fine.

No idea, serious fans. I actually loathe gigafail and msi. Both suck hard. Built a TR3 with an Aorus Xtreme, a lot of stuff doesn't work right. Keep in mind this is an $850 motherboard. Hell the bios profiles do not even save the fan settings, that's an absolute fail. Gigafail also fuck up bios' a lot, like releasing a new bios for updated agesa and guess what, they forgot to actually update the agesa... wasn't that the whole point? This is why they have upteenth versions of the same bios. They will go thru and scrub the revisions so you cannot tell at a glance, lol. Look on gigafails forum, you'll read of a crapton of issues.
Every brand has issues, as an example Asus' latest X299 BIOS makes perfectly fine systems not even post lol. Intel released some BIOS code to vendors that makes AVX512 clock setting not work anymore. Asus TR4 boards in general lol.

The reason I've seen this new board recommended is it has good features for the price and focuses more on performance oriented options than bling. The recommendation to get the most popular option is still relevant imo they always get the best support more than the ultra high end boards.

I had a serious failure on 2 MSI B350 matx boards. So naturally I bought a B450 MSi matx board.

Both vrm failures, one catastrophic (flames!) and one just severe scorching. RMA Shipping was getting to the point of the price of the new board so...

Every brand has issues, as an example Asus' latest X299 BIOS makes perfectly fine systems not even post lol. Intel released some BIOS code to vendors that makes AVX512 clock setting not work anymore. Asus TR4 boards in general lol.

The reason I've seen this new board recommended is it has good features for the price and focuses more on performance oriented options than bling. The recommendation to get the most popular option is still relevant imo they always get the best support more than the ultra high end boards.

No doubt there will issues with any brand in general. However, Gigafail consistently screws up. Look back at the previous generation of x399 boards, serious crap. Those Aorus boards would die from overclocking or take out cpus in the process too. I'd been thru 3 Aorus x399 boards when TR1 came out. I finally settled on the more expensive Asus board since it was literally bulletproof. The TRX40 Aorus board is a helluva lot better than the x399 version, but it still has numerous issues that are NOT acceptable on a high end. Also, I cannot help but not forget the crap they pulled with the ole 7970/7950 cards... man those old days.

Gigafail consistently screws up. Look back at the previous generation of x399 boards, serious crap.

add GA-970 and similar other boards to that list of crapola MoBo's ... horrible Bios, same for DDR3 slots (2 x 1866 was ok, add 2 more and at best it ran at 1600 on a good day).

Gigabyte is the same as most other Chinese companies ... ___________________________ (fill in the blank)

Back