I just noticed I have a few users on my wireless network

How can i screw with them?
network-1.jpg

router.jpg

See if they got anything set as full access shares and leach what ever you like and then delete them all!.

Why isn't your AP secured in the first place anyway?!

Some people don't even know when they've connected to the wrong wireless network -- this is what happens when you use the default settings and don't secure the wireless.

The kittens/etc. is not really a secure strategy -- it relies on MAC filtering, which is pretty weak. Enough to tick off many casual users perhaps, but not really secure in the end.

Why are you looking into high-end tricks and not just securing your wireless network?

just secure your network for real and be done with it, wpa-psk is secure enough for your home. just make the key aboout 20 characters long and you'll be secure.

Some soccer mom probably just got home from Best Buy and set up her new laptop and router, unknowingly connecting to your router instead.

Unless you're 100% sure someone knows they're leeching off you, I think deleting their personal files would be a dick thing to do.

Secure your network, or someone may know what they're doing and you'll regret it yourself.

Messing around with someone else's machine and data just because they're connected to your AP might leave you liable to even more serious prosecution charges, yanno. A practical joke meant to get back at them for leeching your access could backfire in your face.

As already noted, the proper and best practice is just to secure your AP in the first place, and why anyone doesn't is simply beyond me.

Funny ideas in the link though, hilarious stuff. I can just imagine the look on a leecher's face if that happened... "OMGWTF is going on here..." hehehe

:D Yeah you should teach them a lesson. Hack into their computers, and *&^*&(*(*.

Then secure your wireless network.

Messing around with someone else's machine and data just because they're connected to your AP might leave you liable to even more serious prosecution charges, yanno. A practical joke meant to get back at them for leeching your access could backfire in your face.

As already noted, the proper and best practice is just to secure your AP in the first place, and why anyone doesn't is simply beyond me.

Funny ideas in the link though, hilarious stuff. I can just imagine the look on a leecher's face if that happened... "OMGWTF is going on here..." hehehe

the upside-down-ternet does not mess with their data. It is their choice to connect to his unsecured AP (they are trespassing). Of course, logging into their machines will leave the OP liable for damages. Therefore, he must make sure that all he does it change data that is on his equipment.

This happened in my old apartment since I had never bothered to disable my wireless connection since I didn't have any wireless devices. I was young and innocent lol)

One day while copying some files across my network I noticed a shared folder called "Marks Documents" Well Mark just so happened to be a dude upstairs that I didn't get along with so I decided to see what he had in the folder. Looked like every single college paper he ever wrote was in this folder, so what did I do? Hell yeah I deleted every paper in there and left him a notepad file that said "You shouldn't be using my internet motherfucker" HAHA

Good times

Some of you guys are harsh lol.
I have setup free wireless at my house but throttled it.

I love the WRT54GL + dd-wrt

Open network that is throttled, secure network for me :)

Looking at your pictures you have a NintendoDS listed there. I believe it only works wirelessly over WEP. WEP should not be counted on to protect your network.

I'm in no means trying to flame you, but ummmmmmmm who's to say they aren't screwing with you. Yes, more than likely they connected to you by accident, but that isn't always the case.

This happened in my old apartment since I had never bothered to disable my wireless connection since I didn't have any wireless devices. I was young and innocent lol)

One day while copying some files across my network I noticed a shared folder called "Marks Documents" Well Mark just so happened to be a dude upstairs that I didn't get along with so I decided to see what he had in the folder. Looked like every single college paper he ever wrote was in this folder, so what did I do? Hell yeah I deleted every paper in there and left him a notepad file that said "You shouldn't be using my internet motherfucker" HAHA

Good times

You should have also copied a huge file into the folder so it can overwrite the deleted data on the partition rendering recovery imposibble. That idiot with Simple File Sharing with full access had it coming.

Nice one there, this is why people should always use account based shares with access controls so people can't fuck with your files. On my own network only my account gets write access to the file server's folders.

Back