I just made 25 bucks in burst!

I just started mining with burstcoin.ml and got paid 53 coins after a day with 14.6TB.
It seems pretty low and the connection is bad.
Any good pool to try?

xplotter took 16 hours on each drive. wplotgenerator did my drive in 10 hours but I set the nonces too high and it got stuck waiting to write the last ones.
I canceled it since it was just sitting there, and when I ran the miner, I was getting errors in the plot, so I re-plotted xplotter from within the AIO app.

this is what my reads look like in the miner,
F is the Toshiba
G is the WD Black

View attachment 28567
uhh your plots look like they are corrupt actually those deadlines are so long... xplotter will auto fill drives just leave the number of nounces to do blank...

I just started mining with burstcoin.ml and got paid 53 coins after a day with 14.6TB.
It seems pretty low and the connection is bad.
Any good pool to try?
that is not too bad of a payout you might try the burstcoin.sk or .us or .biz if you get above 25 tb burst ninja is supposed to be good

uhh your plots look like they are corrupt actually those deadlines are so long... xplotter will auto fill drives just leave the number of nounces to do blank...

are you serious? crap.
I did use xplotter and it auto-filled the drives.

this is what the files look like:
15974249486527080137_600000001_15260080_15260080
15974249486527080137_700000001_15260080_15260080

plotted-details.jpg

Any of you guys are CPU-mining multiple coins with a rig?
Maybe with Xeon 12 core etc?

are you serious? crap.
I did use xplotter and it auto-filled the drives.

this is what the files look like:
15974249486527080137_600000001_15260080_15260080
15974249486527080137_700000001_15260080_15260080

View attachment 28582
it looks like you are using the cpu miner and if you did xplotter just using the menu it should not have made bad ones... My thing is you are finding so many long long deadlines either something is wrong or something else is screwy i think i might know what it is though... The 2 pools i have used dont have an unlimited deadline acceptance the pool you are using does so it takes any deadline found i think in my miner i have something that ignores deadlines over so long that is why yours looks so different from mine also you seem to be gaining burstcoin quite quickly...

For future plots i have found this to be exceptionally fast for me my laptop plowed a 250gb drive in about 2 hours optimized at 11k nounces per min... I will test to see if my 280x or rather my r9 390 does better the 280x should get according to the forum 90k nounces per min to multiple drives in parallel...
The below is a sample bat file for gpuplotgenerator to make a optimized plot using your gpu it will make a 14gb one on e in burst\plots if you dont have those folders add
Mkdir e:\Burst\plots
Code:
@echo off

:: BatchGotAdmin
:-------------------------------------
REM  --> Check for permissions
    IF "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%" EQU "amd64" (
>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\config\system"
) ELSE (
>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system"
)

REM --> If error flag set, we do not have admin.
if '%errorlevel%' NEQ '0' (
    echo Requesting administrative privileges...
    goto UACPrompt
) else ( goto gotAdmin )

:UACPrompt
    echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    set params = %*:"=""
    echo UAC.ShellExecute "cmd.exe", "/c ""%~s0"" %params%", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"

"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    exit /B

:gotAdmin
    pushd "%CD%"
    CD /D "%~dp0"
gpuPlotGenerator generate direct E:\burst\plots\<NUMERIC ID>_31000058000_57344_8192
pause

I have done some tweaking to my devices file and for my laptop
1 0 3072 640 8192 is the best settings i have found i got 19k nounces/min to a single drive

Last edited:
I started to use the GPU miner and it reads much faster, still showing the high deadlines but I was reading that you can configure the miner to discard any deadlines past a certain time.
I haven't changed that setting yet though.

i just looked at the GPU miner and I don't see the target deadline line, there is one in the cpu miner config though.

I just decided to go ahead and switch to the pool Zepher's using (burst.btfg.space) ... Their stats page doesn't provide quite as many details as the burst-team one, and I'm not 100% positive I like the layout, but it is FAR more responsive, and so far my network quality in the miner is 100%..

I'm now submitting some crazy-high deadlines too. I'm assuming that you nearly always end up with a deadline in your data, but most of them are auto-discarded by the pool (and miner) because they are too long as mentioned above. It seems this pool still gives you a tiny piece of the pie for those deadlines though.

I just decided to go ahead and switch to the pool Zepher's using (burst.btfg.space) ... Their stats page doesn't provide quite as many details as the burst-team one, and I'm not 100% positive I like the layout, but it is FAR more responsive, and so far my network quality in the miner is 100%..

I'm now submitting some crazy-high deadlines too. I'm assuming that you nearly always end up with a deadline in your data, but most of them are auto-discarded by the pool (and miner) because they are too long as mentioned above. It seems this pool still gives you a tiny piece of the pie for those deadlines though.
actually in the miner config

"SendBestOnly" : true,
"TargetDeadline": 6048000,

i believe this makes the miner ignore any deadline longer than the target... as bbfg doesnt limit deadlines and accepts all this option must be turned off

Last edited:
"SendBestOnly" : true,
"TargetDeadline": 80000000,

That's what mine is set to right now. Not sure what it was with the old pool? I didn't change it, but I don't think the AIO did either. I used the AIO to change reward assignment, and then I modified the miner.conf file myself to point to the new pool.

I have quite a few small drives, 1 to 2TB's, but both of my really large cases only hold 2 or 3.

I do have my old yy-0221 cube case, but I don't have decent mobo/cpu to put into it. It currently has an E6700 on an MSI board and 6GB ram.

Had I known about burst coin earlier, I would have put my Xeon into a case that can hold more drives instead of my old Air540.
I was eying the Thermaltake Core X9 for the Xeon, but opted on an Air740 for my gaming rig instead and put the Xeon into my old 540.

I have quite a few small drives, 1 to 2TB's, but both of my really large cases only hold 2 or 3.

I do have my old yy-0221 cube case, but I don't have decent mobo/cpu to put into it. It currently has an E6700 on an MSI board and 6GB ram.

Had I known about burst coin earlier, I would have put my Xeon into a case that can hold more drives instead of my old Air540.
I was eying the Thermaltake Core X9 for the Xeon, but opted on an Air740 for my gaming rig instead and put the Xeon into my old 540.
That e6700 would be ok to mine on. Plot them on the faster PC then move the drives to it start the miner....

ATM I have stuffed 7 drives with 5 external drives into an antec 900 and managed to get a 280x to fit my 390 fit but just barely I think just barely was enough to cause issues got weird reboots. I guess good news is I might be more willing to get rid of a r9 390 right now...

Oh, I do have a 5770 gpu in there and a 6950 sitting on my desk, maybe one of those may be able to gpu mine.

this is my case 12 or so years ago when it was my main machine,
8-drives-2.jpg

I still have all of those small drives too, sitting in a drawer somewhere. 160-250GB drives I think.

Oh, I do have a 5770 gpu in there and a 6950 sitting on my desk, maybe one of those may be able to gpu mine.

this is my case 12 or so years ago when it was my main machine,
View attachment 28687 the 6950 maybe.

I still have all of those small drives too, sitting in a drawer somewhere. 160-250GB drives I think.
well the 6950 would be better also i am almost sure ill be switching off the .biz...

Last edited:
I was playing with a Ram drive over the weekend. I noticed if I plotted it using the all in one wallet, that it would plot to the A: drive just fine. However, when you went to mine it wouldn't see plots in the A: drive. I changed it to Z: and it finds it just fine. I've not tested it much further, but figured it may help if someone was using a box with 26 HDD's attached like this box did at one time.

And to be clear, I did not try to edit the config files manually. Just from the GUI

I was playing with a Ram drive over the weekend. I noticed if I plotted it using the all in one wallet, that it would plot to the A: drive just fine. However, when you went to mine it wouldn't see plots in the A: drive. I changed it to Z: and it finds it just fine. I've not tested it much further, but figured it may help if someone was using a box with 26 HDD's attached like this box did at one time.

And to be clear, I did not try to edit the config files manually. Just from the GUI
That's what I heard too.
No A or B drive.
Also you have to do as folders if you have 30 drives, since there is no letters to use.lol

That's what I heard too.
No A or B drive.
Also you have to do as folders if you have 30 drives, since there is no letters to use.lol
i have my b drive plotted and working the dvd drive in that machine got assigned A:

Yeah, those are just called mounted drives (volume mounting) and are given a drive path rather than a drive letter.

I guess I am doing ok with my 8TB of storage, collected 126 coins so far today.
I went through one of my drawers and found a few drives to use, so I am going to start plotting 6 2TB drives and put all the drives in my E6700 machine.

I guess I am doing ok with my 8TB of storage, collected 126 coins so far today.
I went through one of my drawers and found a few drives to use, so I am going to start plotting 6 2TB drives and put all the drives in my E6700 machine.
stuffed inside an antec 900 case...
Asrock a88x fata1ty killer+
amd athlon x4 845
xfx r9 280x
corsair 750w modular psu
8gb 2133mhz

my drives are as follows
1x 240 gb m500 crucial ssd no plots boot drive
2x 4tb WD my books
1x 3tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 enterprise
2x 1tb wd essentials usb 2.0 with wd green warranty is up might shell them
1x 500gb toshiba pocket size external
1x 500gb hitachi 2.5" drive laptop salvage
1x 500gb WD green
1x 250gb hgst 2.5" laptop salvage
1x 160gb hgst 2.5" laptop salvage
1x 1tb WD black only 400gb it has other things on it...
i also have all my thumb drives and micro sd that were not being used on it too... totaling 352gb
4x 16gb thumb drives
1x 32gb pny thumb drive slow and no longer reliable
1x 32gb san disk
32gb g.skill micro sd class 10 (10mb/s writes)
64gb sony micro sd class 10 (best write speeds of the 3 24-40mb/s)
128 gb pny micro sd class 10 (might be counterfeit has a slow write speed when advertised at much faster)

Star tech 4 controller usb 3.0 pci-e 4x

i used all 8 sata and all my usb 3 ports

I tried putting my r9 390 in but it doesn't fit or the mobo has issues with it.

Lunas,

is it really worth using all the small devices?

And I am still not 100% sure what is going on when mining. when I googled, I didn't really find an answer to how it really works.

Lunas,

is it really worth using all the small devices?

And I am still not 100% sure what is going on when mining. when I googled, I didn't really find an answer to how it really works.
from what i have understood a plot file has some sort of mathematical pattern based on your numeric wallet address it is a set of 4096 integers

As for if the number of drives i am using total plot size matters bigger the better i have over 3300 coins in 1 month of mining i have won 2 blocks.

also you are better off with individual drives vs raid...

There is a factor of luck involved in mining...

Last edited:
I just don't understand what it's doing.
Is it just looking for a specific block and who happens to have that block wins, and if multiple have the block, the first one to find and submit it wins?
Is the deadlines showing the block they are looking for and how old it is and the person that finds the lowest deadline wins?

I just don't understand what it's doing.
Is it just looking for a specific block and who happens to have that block wins, and if multiple have the block, the first one to find and submit it wins?
Is the deadlines showing the block they are looking for and how old it is and the person that finds the lowest deadline wins?
first to find a block wins lowest deadline gets a prize too

not sure about the actual contents of the plot or how one determines a block or how the deadlines are found there are flow charts describing the process of all of this.

basics are every block it reads the plot files if it finds a deadline that meets the required length it send it into the server

I put the drives into the E6700 machine, didn't swap out video cards due to the 430watt PSU only have a single 6 pin and my HD6950 uses 2.
Reads are a bit slower on this machine, 140MB/s vs almost 300MB/s when in the Xeon with the GTX960. Currently have the Xeon plotting the other drives.
burst-miner-e6700.jpg

I put the drives into the E6700 machine, didn't swap out video cards due to the 430watt PSU only have a single 6 pin and my HD6950 uses 2.
Reads are a bit slower on this machine, 140MB/s vs almost 300MB/s when in the Xeon with the GTX960. Currently have the Xeon plotting the other drives.
View attachment 28800
motherboard sata 2? perhaps put a sas card in. Out of jealousy i ordered a cooler master haf xb. the antec 900 i am using has shit cable management and is a pain in the ass to do any thing in and has 0 room for big cards... i did do something stupid and paid in bitcoin but ehh

Ya, I believe the board is SATA2, but I am still running spinning drives so that should be fine, shouldn't it?

I had a couple of HAF-XB's, the original and the EVO. Nice cases but can be a pain to add/remove drives if you don't pull out the top motherboard tray. I do like the 2 hot swap bays in the front.
I built my 4790k setup in it back in late 2014,
case front.jpg

Corsair-H80i.jpg

Last edited:
Ya, I believe the board is SATA2, but I am still running spinning drives so that should be fine, shouldn't it?

I had a couple of HAF-XB's, the original and the EVO. Nice cases but can be a pain to add/remove drives if you don't pull out the top motherboard tray. I do like the 2 hot swap bays in the front.
I built my 4790k setup in it back in late 2014,
View attachment 28804
I was just giving you the reason for the reads to drop like that if memory serves the speed from SATA 2 to SATA 3 was similar to what you discribe. I know going from 2 to 3 is 3gb/s to 6gb/s

I was just giving you the reason for the reads to drop like that if memory serves the speed from SATA 2 to SATA 3 was similar to what you discribe. I know going from 2 to 3 is 3gb/s to 6gb/s

reads are over 200MB/s now, it seems that Firefox with the BurstSpace site running was using too much CPU, 60% from the GPU miner via JAVA, and Firefox was using the rest so it was pegged at 100% when it was reading the plots.
I am going to see if I can find a 550 or so PSU and drop the 6950 in there and see if it reads higher.

reads are over 200MB/s now, it seems that Firefox with the BurstSpace site running was using too much CPU, 60% from the GPU miner via JAVA, and Firefox was using the rest so it was pegged at 100% when it was reading the plots.
I am going to see if I can find a 550 or so PSU and drop the 6950 in there and see if it reads higher.
or find a slightly bigger one and if you can stick both in to mine with

board only has one 16x pci-e slot,
It's a brand new old motherboard,
IMG_0429.JPG

I had to flash the BIOS to get Windows 7 or 10 to install. Only way to flash it was with a floppy, and that was a pita, lol.

board only has one 16x pci-e slot,
It's a brand new old motherboard,
View attachment 28806

I had to flash the BIOS to get Windows 7 or 10 to install. Only way to flash it was with a floppy, and that was a pita, lol.
that is one big feature i like about my asrock board from the bios i can flash it and download it and it has a usb emergency flash option right now the only thing i dont like about it is the case all of this is stuffed into my 3tb and 1tb black will go into the front trays my dvd and 2.5 quick connect will take the 5.25 and all the rest of the internal drives with room to spare will be in the 2.5 rails on the haf then i have lots of cougar fans that will make the box glow blue

I used a hot swap bay I got from another coolermaster case in my HAF-XB.
paragon-migrate-00.jpg

I used a hot swap bay I got from another coolermaster case in my HAF-XB.
View attachment 28810
i have a question about that case in the haf i know it is designed to have the psu fan down can you instead run it fan up to pull air from the bottom area.

I switched to bfg in the past 2-3 days .biz was having alot of connectivity issues and there are over 1000 people mining on it now...

i have a question about that case in the haf i know it is designed to have the psu fan down can you instead run it fan up to pull air from the bottom area.

I switched to bfg in the past 2-3 days .biz was having alot of connectivity issues and there are over 1000 people mining on it now...

Honestly, I don't know. It's been so long since I used those cases.

It seems there are a lot of previous Xeon based workstations, 8 to 12 cores cheap.
They are usually comes with USB2 / SATA2 /2 Gen PCI-E.
Hardware speed will make a difference when attached to these specs?

I was thinking I will do 16tb on nuc and stop there, but I found I'm looking around for Xeons / Systems based on Xeon.lol
Still not sure investing 2K on the system and drives makes sense, but can't help.

It seems there are a lot of previous Xeon based workstations, 8 to 12 cores cheap.
They are usually comes with USB2 / SATA2 /2 Gen PCI-E.
Hardware speed will make a difference when attached to these specs?

I was thinking I will do 16tb on nuc and stop there, but I found I'm looking around for Xeons / Systems based on Xeon.lol
Still not sure investing 2K on the system and drives makes sense, but can't help.
hey if the coin goes tits up the hdds will still be good very low risk imho

Looks like I'm making about 120 bursts a day over the past few days with 15TB. Have another 36TB showing up tomorrow. Woohoo!

Back