I just made 25 bucks in burst!

I'm finally updating to the qbundle, importing the block chain is taking forever!

Since bittrex and binance are closed to new users, where can one get set up to sell burst? Poloniex is open, but they require more personal info than I'm ready to give up right now to trade at all.

yeah... Poloniex is where I was going to go to but they want a webcam to verify identity and I've not been around a laptop with a webcam when it has been convenient to do so. Why they can't just do like Coinbase and have a mobile app with the functionality is beyond me. Those kind of simplicities is what brings you more users.

I need another pc badly to plot 24 more tb. I just can't justify sacrificing my only pc to plotting for 3 weeks right now.

Deadlines are tough to come by now and I still get +/- 100 a day on 32tb . Just gonna ride the wave.

Last edited:
You can plot and mine at the same time. Just make sure to start the miners before you start the plotters.

Thanks for the info. I know I can plot at the same time. I still need a functional machine for work though. Good luck with your minning! Cheers mate!

Does it bring your system to a crawl? I hadn't ever really tried to actively use a machine while it plotted...lol

Does it bring your system to a crawl? I hadn't ever really tried to actively use a machine while it plotted...lol
Depends on your plotter settings. I think I specified 10-12 threads of my ryzen 1700x chip, as that was what matched up the best with the speed of the drives. If your cpu is faster than the drives, the cpu calculations will finish and your cpu will idle while the drive writes, and obviously the inverse is true if you use too few cpu resources. I used splotter because I liked being able to plot in small pieces, as I'll need to delete some as my space gets used up over time.

Crap... recent Windows Defender update is showing the AIO 0.3.13 client to be a trojan. Now I have to go and fix a couple rigs that aren't launching the miner now...

Edit: I think something was off on the update as the only two that won't mine had to be reverted back to 0.3.10.

I thought the AIO wallet was pretty much dead since PoCC released qbundle?

Yeah, you guys should download and run the latest qbundle from here:

https://www.burst-coin.org/download-wallet

And then keep your wallets at the latest version, so you're ready for this:

https://www.burstcoin.ist/2018/01/03/the-burst-core-roadmap-for-2018/

From the above link:

PoC3

While PoC and PoC2 are energy efficient and fair, critics have pointed out that the disk space used for Burst is “lost” or “wasted” as plots are not really usable for anything else than to perform mining and transaction validation for the Burst blockchain. The PoC3 protocol is going to be the answer to those critics and will exist in parallel to PoC2. It will be based on dual-use data instead of the Burst mining-only plots of PoC and PoC2. Dual-use means real-world data, like movies, audio, Wikipedia archive files, OpenStreetMap GIS data and more. In general, large immutable files of permanent interest to all, voted on by nodes for validation inclusion.

Roadmap, again from the above link:

• First hard fork: includes dynamic block size and transaction fees, the PoC2 protocol and some of the Dymaxion code, but inactive. The fork is planned to happen around block 470 000 – probably not before March.
  • Second hard fork: implementation and activation of the remaining Dymaxion code. Users should be able to play with it on the TestNet before that.
  • Third hard fork: Implementation of the PoC3 protocol.

Yeah, you guys should download and run the latest qbundle from here:

https://www.burst-coin.org/download-wallet

And then keep your wallets at the latest version, so you're ready for this:

https://www.burstcoin.ist/2018/01/03/the-burst-core-roadmap-for-2018/

From the above link:

PoC3

While PoC and PoC2 are energy efficient and fair, critics have pointed out that the disk space used for Burst is “lost” or “wasted” as plots are not really usable for anything else than to perform mining and transaction validation for the Burst blockchain. The PoC3 protocol is going to be the answer to those critics and will exist in parallel to PoC2. It will be based on dual-use data instead of the Burst mining-only plots of PoC and PoC2. Dual-use means real-world data, like movies, audio, Wikipedia archive files, OpenStreetMap GIS data and more. In general, large immutable files of permanent interest to all, voted on by nodes for validation inclusion.

Roadmap, again from the above link:

• First hard fork: includes dynamic block size and transaction fees, the PoC2 protocol and some of the Dymaxion code, but inactive. The fork is planned to happen around block 470 000 – probably not before March.
  • Second hard fork: implementation and activation of the remaining Dymaxion code. Users should be able to play with it on the TestNet before that.
  • Third hard fork: Implementation of the PoC3 protocol.
I will admit I'm having difficulty following how forks work in the crypto world. But my understanding is that a hard fork is a new coin. Given that each one of these forks appear to be advancements in a linear progression, it is likely the preceding coins will basically be abandoned once the brew coin is in place.

Given that, should everyone sell by February or early March? I gotta imagine the initial coin will be completely abandoned within days of the first fork. For some reason I didn't think burst would hard fork so much, I had planned on holding for quite a while. Now it looks like we'll have burst2, burst3, and burst4 in rapid succession.

That's a good point, but my hope is that it will be like BTG and BCH where holders of BTC were awarded the same amount of BTG and BCH, respectively, when those forks took place. I'm going to look into that for sure, prior to the first fork.

That's a good point, but my hope is that it will be like BTG and BCH where holders of BTC were awarded the same amount of BTG and BCH, respectively, when those forks took place. I'm going to look into that for sure, prior to the first fork.
This is why I'm planning to hold on to my zclassic, as that's supposedly happening when it forks to btcp. I really hope that's true.

While hard forks do create new coins, you don't lose the old ones. They both just share the same history up to the point the fork occurred. Typically one of the new coins never lives past the fork period. But when the fork is controversial, you end up with stuff like BTC and BCH, or ETH and ETC.

Thanks Ryan. So basically just HODL burst through the upcoming forks I guess is the message.

In other news, I won a block by having a 4 second deadline today. That's my all time best for sure!

4secdeadline.JPG

I recently changed to cryptoguru and won a block with only 750gb mining since my main pc's miner crashed

I've bought 48Tb this week to bring online and probably gonna grab more. I think I'd better order another ryzen. I plot some on my R710 dual hex X series, some on my 8 core Xeon 2670 and some on my Ryzen 1700. I have an AM4 motherboard sitting there that I've been waiting for a ryzen sale but I might just buy one to speed up plotting. I had given up on burst around the time most people did. I might grab a few more of these easystore 8Tb drives since worst case my file server has a bunch of 4tb drives I've been looking for a reason to upgrade. I'd like to get up over 100Tb soon.

I'm using qbundle. Is it possible to plot multiple drives at once, or is it always a one at a time deal? Starting to read up on GPU plotting as even with my 1700x CPU......YIKES!

I'm using qbundle. Is it possible to plot multiple drives at once, or is it always a one at a time deal? Starting to read up on GPU plotting as even with my 1700x CPU......YIKES!

Qbundle just downloads and builds a command line for xplotter. So you can run it yourself from the command line multiple times.

Can anyone offer me a coin or two, and a recommendation of a pool to join. My head is spinning but I think I have everything setup right. Time to try it out.
BURST-BSGZ-NC99-HDEX-4JFPA

Before I splurge down ~$20K on nearly 480TB system - I went out and got myself a 4TB hard drive so I can start and utilizing... FFS NTFS 64KB Full Format is taking its sweet time.

I've got the Qbundle all set up, wallet's downloaded, account's established... Can't start plotting until the format's done and I'm at 44% currently. I suppose I'm reading something about needing 1 burst in order to start mining, what sort of nonsensical is this... I don't get that part but I guess it looks like I'll have to plot the HD first and then to join a pool or something in order to be able to obtain a coin so that I can mine these...

That's the only "confusing" bit of the whole thing... And to think I'm about to splurge ~20K...

All else... Do anybody know if the specific Allocation Size matters or if I could just leave it at auto and have it quick format... It's a WD NAS Red 4TB HD...

Before I splurge down ~$20K on nearly 480TB system - I went out and got myself a 4TB hard drive so I can start and utilizing... FFS NTFS 64KB Full Format is taking its sweet time.

I've got the Qbundle all set up, wallet's downloaded, account's established... Can't start plotting until the format's done and I'm at 44% currently. I suppose I'm reading something about needing 1 burst in order to start mining, what sort of nonsensical is this... I don't get that part but I guess it looks like I'll have to plot the HD first and then to join a pool or something in order to be able to obtain a coin so that I can mine these...

That's the only "confusing" bit of the whole thing... And to think I'm about to splurge ~20K...

All else... Do anybody know if the specific Allocation Size matters or if I could just leave it at auto and have it quick format... It's a WD NAS Red 4TB HD...
He he. If you think the HDD format is time consuming I can't wait to hear your comments on plotting!
Yes I agree about the needing a coin to start stuff. How could every pool not provide this automatically. They all get a take. Oh well. Hopefully there are some kind soles here. Would be glad to pay back at a 100/1 ratio.

*sighs*

I accidentally killed my xplotter...

Here's to hoping I don't have to start all over again... Is there a way to resume or do I have to do this again...

Nevermind - Found the resume function... They could've not hidden that away so well but whatever, I'm back to plotting. At any rate this'll be done while I'm at work tomorrow.

Last edited:
I suggest adding 201mb filler files to the drives before plotting. Then delete them after the plot file is created. Otherwise, you'll be constantly bugged that the drives are almost full.

That disables the warming for all drives. For a dedicated burst miner, that's fine. But on a system that's used for other things, I actually want to know when my non burst drives are getting full.
That's true - I never [LITERALLY] approach to that point - I don't even have big of a HD space for my personal computer. But good warning for others.

Can anyone offer me a coin or two, and a recommendation of a pool to join. My head is spinning but I think I have everything setup right. Time to try it out.
BURST-BSGZ-NC99-HDEX-4JFPA

Try this faucet to get your first burst to change reward recipient for your first pool:
https://faucet.burstpay.net
It's stupid but making a transaction with that burst, by joining a pool or changing your account name, is how the account is validated.

He he. If you think the HDD format is time consuming I can't wait to hear your comments on plotting!
:confused::confused:

Why are you so GODDAMN SLOW?...

4TB plot (3.6-3.7TB formatted...) takes forever...

Spec is in RIG and the HD is WD Red 4TB... I'm seeing a 22MB/s utilization, for some reason that seems slow. Am I missing something here?

:confused::confused:

Why are you so GODDAMN SLOW?...

4TB plot (3.6-3.7TB formatted...) takes forever...

ugh, It's only 3.6-3.7TB unformatted too. :p

Spec is in RIG and the HD is WD Red 4TB... I'm seeing a 22MB/s utilization, for some reason that seems slow. Am I missing something here?

You're making 4096 random 64 byte writes per nonce. That's going to kill the drives throughput. I'm getting about 13MB/s on a 3TB Barracuda right now.

ugh, It's only 3.6-3.7TB unformatted too. :p
Yes... You're right :p

You're making 4096 random 64 byte writes per nonce. That's going to kill the drives throughput. I'm getting about 13MB/s on a 3TB Barracuda right now.
64bytes? I thought I'm at 64kb and I'm assuming that's the more efficient unit allocation for burst... Right?

Yes... You're right :p

64bytes? I thought I'm at 64kb and I'm assuming that's the more efficient unit allocation for burst... Right?

For reading it will be, especially for optimized plots. But there's just no way to quickly plot directly to spinning drives.

Some people like to plot to an SSD first then move the file over to its final spot. I don't know how that will affect read speeds since you'd have scoops spread across multiple files, but I don't like the idea of putting that many write cycles on my most expensive storage media. So I just wait it out. Plotting multiple drives at once helps too.

For reading it will be, especially for optimized plots. But there's just no way to quickly plot directly to spinning drives.

Some people like to plot to an SSD first then move the file over to its final spot. I don't know how that will affect read speeds since you'd have scoops spread across multiple files, but I don't like the idea of putting that many write cycles on my most expensive storage media. So I just wait it out. Plotting multiple drives at once helps too.
I get that.

I think I might've confused myself here.

I'm speaking of UNIT ALLOCATION - for when I format, I see the following options:
FormatConfig.png

I currently have my allocation unit size set to 64kb or should I leave it at default [4096 bytes]?

I get that.

I think I might've confused myself here.

I'm speaking of UNIT ALLOCATION - for when I format, I see the following options:
View attachment 50476

I currently have my allocation unit size set to 64kb or should I leave it at default [4096 bytes]?
It will supposedly make it more efficient but also there would be no reason to not set it as high as it will suffer.

In my blago cpu miner, under "my plotfiles" it lists my second plotfile drive twice with exactly matching number strings. My first plotfile drive is listed only once.
Is that normal?
As well when the miner is closed and re-opened it appears I have to re-enter the mining pool info as everything is blank. Do I have to re-enter reward recipient as well? And does it cost a coin each time?

In my blago cpu miner, under "my plotfiles" it lists my second plotfile drive twice with exactly matching number strings. My first plotfile drive is listed only once.
Is that normal?
As well when the miner is closed and re-opened it appears I have to re-enter the mining pool info as everything is blank. Do I have to re-enter reward recipient as well? And does it cost a coin each time?
Changing your recipient DOES cost you, but that's an account thing and you do not have to do that every time. If you're using a non-default pool, I think it will forget the custom info you entered.

Not sure about the plot files, go back and check to make sure you didn't overlap nonces or anything, that sounds concerning.

Changing your recipient DOES cost you, but that's an account thing and you do not have to do that every time. If you're using a non-default pool, I think it will forget the custom info you entered.

Not sure about the plot files, go back and check to make sure you didn't overlap nonces or anything, that sounds concerning.
How does one check on overlapping nonces?

I've noticed that blago will sometimes list my plots twice after a while and not list all of the plots associated. I have seen it on multiple rigs. I'm not sure if it is working proper and just displaying wrong or has issues. I will typically close it and start it back up. You do not have to pay the fee every time you select your pool. Just when you change pools. I have also seen the qbundle mining app forget my selection of pools but I just select it again and keep mining. I am more annoyed with it not liking my host being a few seconds out of sync with the time. Windows doesn't always keep up with the auto time sync and even systems that just sit there doing nothing for days or weeks will sometimes be off 30 seconds or more. Windows 10 is more annoying to set than Windows 7, but after doing so the wallet starts up easier. The Windows AIO that is being replaced wasn't as picky and whiney as the Qbundle...

Back