I just made 25 bucks in burst!

This is a known bug was supposed to be fixed in the next version...
I've noticed that blago will sometimes list my plots twice after a while and not list all of the plots associated. I have seen it on multiple rigs. I'm not sure if it is working proper and just displaying wrong or has issues. I will typically close it and start it back up. You do not have to pay the fee every time you select your pool. Just when you change pools. I have also seen the qbundle mining app forget my selection of pools but I just select it again and keep mining. I am more annoyed with it not liking my host being a few seconds out of sync with the time. Windows doesn't always keep up with the auto time sync and even systems that just sit there doing nothing for days or weeks will sometimes be off 30 seconds or more. Windows 10 is more annoying to set than Windows 7, but after doing so the wallet starts up easier. The Windows AIO that is being replaced wasn't as picky and whiney as the Qbundle...

Last edited:
Well, I just use QBundle and it still happens. I also update when they say there are updates.

Well, I just use QBundle and it still happens. I also update when they say there are updates.
damn auto correct it was supposed to say next version...

Qbundle does not code the plotter or miner it pulls from git hub the latest version blago has not released a new version. it is a front end wrapper like the old aio wallet but alot more fully developed

Yeah... I didn't have the issue with the old Windows AIO. Just noticed it after the switch. Figured it was a bug but the question is if it really is forgetting the other plots or just mis reporting them.

Yeah... I didn't have the issue with the old Windows AIO. Just noticed it after the switch. Figured it was a bug but the question is if it really is forgetting the other plots or just mis reporting them.
newest version of the old aio has the same version
and i have the version from github all 3 eventually do this it is a memory leak btw

My "HDD WAKE UP !" message seems to increase. First none, then one, then a few and so on. Why? Is this causing a problem?
My HDD sleep in 60 min so not the issue. Is this just standard messaging for longer times?

My "HDD WAKE UP !" message seems to increase. First none, then one, then a few and so on. Why? Is this causing a problem?
My HDD sleep in 60 min so not the issue. Is this just standard messaging for longer times?
I can't remember the exact time, it's something like every 3 minutes it issues the command. Since blocks average 4 minutes, short blocks you won't see it, and long blocks you might see it several times.

Anyone want to talk plotfiles and nonces?
I read this on another forum ">Starting nonce i advise is ' 1 ' from doing so you can get an almost exact nonces your can plot in your drive once the plots are complete."
Anyone agree with this, or leave at default 0.
I left it at 0, and got 15260360 in xplotter. This is for a 4TB drive. Using a nonces calculator based on drives free space I came out with 16385861 nonces. That is quite a difference. Should I re-plot the drive starting at 1 and see if it goes up, or just trust xplotter?
And when I plot multiple drives at once would I calculate the starting nonces using xplotter's 15260360 or nonces calculators 16385861?
Anyone have any clever tactics they use setting nonces starting points and or organizing their drives?

Anyone want to talk plotfiles and nonces?
I read this on another forum ">Starting nonce i advise is ' 1 ' from doing so you can get an almost exact nonces your can plot in your drive once the plots are complete."
Anyone agree with this, or leave at default 0.
I left it at 0, and got 15260360 in xplotter. This is for a 4TB drive. Using a nonces calculator based on drives free space I came out with 16385861 nonces. That is quite a difference. Should I re-plot the drive starting at 1 and see if it goes up, or just trust xplotter?
And when I plot multiple drives at once would I calculate the starting nonces using xplotter's 15260360 or nonces calculators 16385861?
Anyone have any clever tactics they use setting nonces starting points and or organizing their drives?
I started each at like 55 billion, 66 billion, 77 billion. So each drive has it's own start point, and there's no chance of overlap.

I started each at like 55 billion, 66 billion, 77 billion. So each drive has it's own start point, and there's no chance of overlap.
Ah, clever. I was under the impression the nonces needed to be linked continuously and that somehow gaps would be bad. Any negative effects to having starting nonces so far apart? If not, why all the nonces calculators and why most starting nonces are end nonces +1.

Remember, a 4TB drive is really only 3.6TB. after converting the advertised decimal capacity to the OS reported binary capacity.

It's pretty easy to calculate how many nonces a drive can hold. You just grab the number of bytes free and divide it by 262,144.

So if you have exactly 4 trillion bytes free, dividing by the number above gets you 15,258,789 nonces. That's pretty close to what xplotter gave you.

Skipping nonces has no ill effects at all. I use this pattern for the starting nonce: <3 digit machine id><sata port number><nine zeros>. That lets me have up to ~260TB drives without having to worry about overlapping nonces.

Ah, clever. I was under the impression the nonces needed to be linked continuously and that somehow gaps would be bad. Any negative effects to having starting nonces so far apart? If not, why all the nonces calculators and why most starting nonces are end nonces +1.
No ill effects from having then apart like that on different drives. I used splotter to make 512gb plots, and for each drive I did make them continuous as it supposedly helps them read faster. But it doesn't matter if they're on different drives, so I made them really far apart.

Something I read. "check your balance payout is over 21 burst" this was in regards to a slow payout.
Can anyone explain why/what/how on this?

Also anyone have any tricks/tips for your fellow [H]Bursters? Hehe, hard bursters. LOL.

I just got my first burst block or something, I acquired 1220 burst today off my 4TB, only started few days ago.

Can't wait for the 600TB beast to arrive, to be plotted and mined...

I've only hit one with up to 18TB going since September.
It's infuriating how much luck is involved here. I've been mining for 9 weeks on 51TB trying to find a good pool and I've made almost 12k burst. I couldn't have known because of how random it is, but I've forged 15 blocks in that 9 week time frame. Had I solo mined, I'd be over 20k burst. Yet now a lot of people don't suggest solo mining unless you're at 100tb+. Of course my luck could sour and I might not find a block now for a month.

I'm less of a gambler and like the steady increase building. With a pool, I KNOW I will get something. That is unless the pool goes down. But a lot less risk of zero with a pool.

I'm less of a gambler and like the steady increase building. With a pool, I KNOW I will get something. That is unless the pool goes down. But a lot less risk of zero with a pool.
That's why I've hopped around so much. I was originally with burstmining.club, but when they changed their deadline limit to 24 hours, I saw pretty much no activity for me over several days so I left. I tried burst.btfg.space, which was more regular, but I only got 80-90 for winning a block and it went down hard for a while. I then jumped around to burst.ninja and pool.poolofd32th.club, but they had downtime issues too. I've settled in at pool.burstcoin.space now, 30 day deadline limit is nice and I still get a healthy chunk for winning a block (450-700 so far.) Here's hoping this pool is solid.

I'm still running pool.poolofd32th.club but am considering another one as well. I just haven't had the time to convert the various miners over as I have a hand full of systems with a small amount of space mining as well.

I'm still running pool.poolofd32th.club but am considering another one as well. I just haven't had the time to convert the various miners over as I have a hand full of systems with a small amount of space mining as well.
Ahh yes that's a bit more of a pain. I'm doing it all on my file server, not bothering on my main pc.

I'm slowly moving the majority of mine to the 4U server I have. However, I will still have multiple devices to manage as I was attempting to use all of the excess space I had sitting idle. I don't have many drives above 1TB.... mostly 250GB-750GB drives in my collection. However, I plan on adding more as I can find the right deals.

That's the entire block reward, so he must be solo mining. Pretty lucky with only 4tb, probably won't see another one for a few weeks.
Correct - I'm mining solo and I agree - I was pretty lucky to get a block this early in and I do anticipate that I won't see much return for a while, not at least until I get my 600TB mining rig going.

It's infuriating how much luck is involved here. I've been mining for 9 weeks on 51TB trying to find a good pool and I've made almost 12k burst. I couldn't have known because of how random it is, but I've forged 15 blocks in that 9 week time frame. Had I solo mined, I'd be over 20k burst. Yet now a lot of people don't suggest solo mining unless you're at 100tb+. Of course my luck could sour and I might not find a block now for a month.
Good read and it appears to be a combination of both Luck + Actual Capacity. This is why I'm solo'ing and I decided that this would be a better route for me especially when I'm about to get my 600TB within few weeks, sans the plotting time. I dread the process but it'll be worth it.

Entirely a fair point.

Well... I have been mining since the middle of June I'm up to 46.6TB and I have 21 blocks forged I average 4 a month. December 27 I sold 35k burst for around 2500$ in btc I made the bulk of that burst mining on burst.btfg.space since Jan 1st I have forged 4 blocks and made 3400 burst vs 4880 when I did the math on it for June to Dec it was 26k burst if I had soloed vs the 35k I actually had...

Well... I have been mining since the middle of June I'm up to 46.6TB and I have 21 blocks forged I average 4 a month. December 27 I sold 35k burst for around 2500$ in btc I made the bulk of that burst mining on burst.btfg.space since Jan 1st I have forged 4 blocks and made 3400 burst vs 4880 when I did the math on it for June to Dec it was 26k burst if I had soloed vs the 35k I actually had...
Just confirming the luck component. You've been less lucky finding blocks, so the pool has been more profitable for you. Perfect counter point to me having found many blocks, and the pools being less profitable.

I have been on pool.poolofd32th.club for 10 days. Starting with 4TB and adding 4TB every few days for a total of 16TB and about to add 5TB more tomorrow.
I have earned a meager 73 Burst! This seems extremely low, especially in light of what others are saying here. WTF?

I have been on pool.poolofd32th.club for 10 days. Starting with 4TB and adding 4TB every few days for a total of 16TB and about to add 5TB more tomorrow.
I have earned a meager 73 Burst! This seems extremely low, especially in light of what others are saying here. WTF?
Starting with 4tb you're going to be a hurting puppy. It is low, but you also have not gotten any blocks yet, and again luck is a huge component. On slow days I only make 40 burst a day with 51tb. Even good days without a block I'm only looking at 100. So let's take my average there of 70 and divide by 6 (lets say your average usable space has been 8tb which is 1/6th of 51tb.) 11 per day so 110. You aren't miles away, yes a bit on the low side but not 2 burst a day either.

One thing to keep in mind is your historical is going to be pretty poor given that's a 60/40 pool. If you were lucky enough to submit a decent deadline on a block that your pool won, you might get a few burst right off the bat for that. Odds are you haven't. So you're playing solely with historicals, and I bet you aren't getting a good deadline every single block. It also decays pretty quickly, only your last 50 blocks count toward your share of the pie. So even if say you got a 20 minute deadline, that's only going to boost your historical for the next 50 blocks, and if your pool only wins say two blocks during that time, it won't net you much. You might consider getting into a pool with larger historicals until you ramp up some more.

Starting with 4tb you're going to be a hurting puppy. It is low, but you also have not gotten any blocks yet, and again luck is a huge component. On slow days I only make 40 burst a day with 51tb. Even good days without a block I'm only looking at 100. So let's take my average there of 70 and divide by 6 (lets say your average usable space has been 8tb which is 1/6th of 51tb.) 11 per day so 110. You aren't miles away, yes a bit on the low side but not 2 burst a day either.

One thing to keep in mind is your historical is going to be pretty poor given that's a 60/40 pool. If you were lucky enough to submit a decent deadline on a block that your pool won, you might get a few burst right off the bat for that. Odds are you haven't. So you're playing solely with historicals, and I bet you aren't getting a good deadline every single block. It also decays pretty quickly, only your last 50 blocks count toward your share of the pie. So even if say you got a 20 minute deadline, that's only going to boost your historical for the next 50 blocks, and if your pool only wins say two blocks during that time, it won't net you much. You might consider getting into a pool with larger historicals until you ramp up some more.
Thanks for taking the time to explain that arnemetis. I will be at 21TB starting tomorrow, then 37TB 4-5 days after that. Do you recommend I relax and stay put, or should I slide over to a different pool that fits better?

Thanks for taking the time to explain that arnemetis. I will be at 21TB starting tomorrow, then 37TB 4-5 days after that. Do you recommend I relax and stay put, or should I slide over to a different pool that fits better?
It only takes 4 blocks time to change pools. It's a gamble, there's really no hard data that really suggests solid limits. If you're plotting that quickly you might just stay put. At 51tb, I make at least one deadline within the 30 day limit about 95% of the time. Just now I see I didn't find a deadline on 454009, and the most recent block 454014. That shows a much lower rate of finding deadlines in the very recent past. I'm very quickly being pushed into small fry territory.

My gut is telling me to have you look into a more historical pool like burst.btfg.space until you're fully plotted, and even then it's iffy if it's worth switching. If I were starting over now, that's where I'd head. You'll get regular payouts there, but squat when you actually get a block. That's why I left, but I need to do some math because I was doing better on a daily average, even though the block payouts were puny. I personally would steer clear of a pool with such a quick historical decay like poolofd32th.club, I was only with them a few days and I wasn't feeling it. Sucks getting a block and being kicked near the top of the historical payout pool, only for the pool to win squat over the next 50 blocks so you drop back down without ever collecting on your high historical time.

Finally, this is all skewed because I got in near the end of the time where the net difficulty was regularly around 100pb. I was on an 80/20 pool then, and while the daily wasn't very good (40-50 a day maybe) winning a block and getting 500-1,000 burst was awesome. Now there are too many big dogs on that pool, even winning a block odds are several big dogs will be close and reduce my block winnings significantly. More importantly - 24 hour deadlines are rare enough for me that I'd be better off solo mining at that point. In the end, I'd say at our expected size doing a 50/50 range split pool is a gambe if we think we will get blocks pretty often. If you want to play it safe, stick with btfg and you'll get 20 burst (their payout threshold) probably 2-4 times a day with 37tb.

Thanks again arnemetis. The info you have given has added to the posterity of this thread greatly.
If anyone here would like to add which pools would be of the best advantage to a miner based on TB, please do.
10TB and under?
>20TB?
>40TB?
>75TB?
100+TB?
And feel free to comment if you have any opinion that may be relevant. ;)

I'm at about 325TB right now and I have found BurstMiningClub to be the most profitable for me. I was solo mining for a long time, and it was great for a while, but it got to the point where forging a block was taking almost a week on average, so I switched to a pool.

I manage to stay in the top 10 on historic blocks on BurstMiningClub most of the time. I'm crazydane:

BMC_2_2_18.JPG

And my earnings for the last few weeks:

burstpayments_1_10_18_2_2_18.JPG

If @ 325TB (Holy-Shit!) you didn't find solo mining worth it, I think we found our answer to "Solo-mining".

Thanks again arnemetis. The info you have given has added to the posterity of this thread greatly.
If anyone here would like to add which pools would be of the best advantage to a miner based on TB, please do.
10TB and under?
>20TB?
>40TB?
>75TB?
100+TB?
And feel free to comment if you have any opinion that may be relevant. ;)

Well at this point my understanding is that you would want at least approximately 240TB to have an even chance of finding a block either solo'ing or pool mining. But then again with Pool Mining you've got some skin in the game based on your contribution in proportion to the mining itself done by the pool. I guess with SOLO - even I with only 4TB got a block within a week but I'm contributing that to luck and probably won't have another block for a while.

I'm at about 325TB right now and I have found BurstMiningClub to be the most profitable for me. I was solo mining for a long time, and it was great for a while, but it got to the point where forging a block was taking almost a week on average, so I switched to a pool.

I manage to stay in the top 10 on historic blocks on BurstMiningClub most of the time. I'm crazydane:

BMC_2_2_18.JPG

And my earnings for the last few weeks:

burstpayments_1_10_18_2_2_18.JPG

Thank you for sharing your take on this and all - I'm diving totally head in on this and POOL's nice when you have at least a steady stream of "bursts", how often do you hit a block and what reward if not shared towards the pool would be attributed to the block forger? In your pool that is.

If @ 325TB (Holy-Shit!) you didn't find solo mining worth it, I think we found our answer to "Solo-mining".
Whews... I guess it's a good thing I'm solo'ing on currently a:

4TB WD Red :D

I placed an order last night for 128TB (16x8TB) and will be ordering 480TB (60x8TB) sometimes between Wed-Fri this upcoming week.

Soon, I'll be mining solo with a grand total of 612TB by the end of the month, give or take after plotting. Hip Hooray!

At this point just take the $12k or so you would spend on 480TB and buy 600,000 coins...

No kidding. Burst was down to $0.019 this morning. I'm pretty confident that it will return to the $0.10 it was at last month, at some point in the not too distant future. I still can't help myself picking up at least a couple of 8TB WD's when they go on sale at BB for $159 every few weeks. :)

No kidding. Burst was down to $0.019 this morning. I'm pretty confident that it will return to the $0.10 it was at last month, at some point in the not too distant future. I still can't help myself picking up at least a couple of 8TB WD's when they go on sale at BB for $159 every few weeks. :)
And here I cashed out in December near peak made around 2500 usd which I spent on my laptop and ryzen upgrade.:cool:

Back up to 4k burst and .01btc

This 300+ PB network difficulty needs to go away, I'm not even finding 30 day deadlines regularly now.

This 300+ PB network difficulty needs to go away, I'm not even finding 30 day deadlines regularly now.
Sorry to be a damper...

My 16x8TB arrived today and that's only the beginning... :D
60 Drives 4U server came in today as well :D

A build log coming up...

Sorry to be a damper...

My 16x8TB arrived today and that's only the beginning... :D
60 Drives 4U server came in today as well :D

A build log coming up...

If you plot with id 8107312876852111917, it unlocks a super plot mode that gets a 1000% boost in earnings. :p

Last edited:
Back