I have two controllers? SSD Intel Chipset

provoko

Gawd
So I installed Windows 7 and then I installed the newest Intel chipset drivers. and now I have two controllers, one is windows and the other is intel.

I have my drives in ACHI mode and using the latest firmware version of my OCZ Vertex drive.

Should I be concerned?

controller.png

That motherboard shows to have an eSATA ability? I know on my Intel board the eSATA is a seperate controller (Marvell).

If you want trim support in windows 7, you need to use the msachi driver provided by microsoft and not the intel one.

If you want trim support in windows 7, you need to use the msachi driver provided by microsoft and not the intel one.

You got it bro. Now can anyone tell me how do I know what my computer is using? I have two controllers with two drivers, one is the windows trim driver and the other is Intel.

controller2.png

You are using the correct Microsoft provided drivers. As long as the msahci driver itself is the Microsoft one you are good to go on TRIM.

Actually it's probably the other way around. Intel probably provided Microsoft the base code for the built in Windows drivers. I'm not totally sure though. My system at home displays it the same way though and as far as I can determine TRIM is working fine.

Just download and run CrystalMark's CrystalDiskInfo, it'll tell you whether TRIM is working on your drive... If it isn't then you clearly need to go in there and switch drives (and then run the Optimizer tool on the Intel Toolbox).

Just download and run CrystalMark's CrystalDiskInfo, it'll tell you whether TRIM is working on your drive... If it isn't then you clearly need to go in there and switch drives (and then run the Optimizer tool on the Intel Toolbox).

It says TRIM is running. Thanks. =)

Back