I have 10850K. Get Z490 or wait for Z590 Motherboard

Joined
Jan 3, 2021
Messages
40
Yeah, I've definitely decided on the Asus z490-E and now I'm just waiting for my stimulus check to come in which should be within a couple of days (knock knock wood wood). I've got all my other new upgrade components - i9 10850K, G.Skill 32GB 4000MHz ram, 2TB M.2 SSD, etc - stored in a storage tote. The only thing that initially concerned me about the z490-E was the hardware-level issue with the Intel 2.5G ethernet but even in an absolute worst case scenario, I'd use the official fixes from Intel and my 2.5G ethernet port is only a 1G port (my provider's broadband is only 100-120 Mbps).
 

sk3tch

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 5, 2008
Messages
1,807
Yeah, I've definitely decided on the Asus z490-E and now I'm just waiting for my stimulus check to come in which should be within a couple of days (knock knock wood wood). I've got all my other new upgrade components - i9 10850K, G.Skill 32GB 4000MHz ram, 2TB M.2 SSD, etc - stored in a storage tote. The only thing that initially concerned me about the z490-E was the hardware-level issue with the Intel 2.5G ethernet but even in an absolute worst case scenario, I'd use the official fixes from Intel and my 2.5G ethernet port is only a 1G port (my provider's broadband is only 100-120 Mbps).
Nice! I have the same board - except I'm waiting for my 11900K pre-order (luckily I scored one at Best Buy at $550 - $40 in reward coupons I had to burn) to arrive prior to building. It came in a kit so I didn't have a choice whether it was Z490 or Z590, but from what I've read about the only thing I will lose not being on the new platform is I won't get as many updates for the 11-series features. I only bought the 11900K because it's a watercooling build (it's a Bitspower Titan X 1.2 kit) and I don't want to have any "upgrade-itis" temptations down the road (I know how I am) - so it's a pre-emptive move to avoid any PITAs. :)
 
Top