I hate you, Tigerdirect.

HardUp4HardWare

Supreme [H]ardness
My turn.

So I ordered a set of quad channel memory and was going to split it with a guy at work. The price was good, $103. I placed the order and proceeded to wait.
No shipment notification.
Started getting TigerDirect spam. 2-3 per day.
Next day still no shipment notification, order on site still showed not shipped.
Four days later I get an email saying that due to a price mistake my order was cancelled.

I called their "customer service". I will shorten the miserable experience for the sake of my own sanity. The rep I spoke to said that it was NOT a price mistake and that I should have gotten the RAM. She said she would research it and get back to me.
*crickets*
Four days later, multiple follow up calls. Nothing.

I know TD's reputation with rebates and have avoided them for many years because of the horror stories but took a chance on this one. I should have known.

What pisses me off the most is that they waited four days to tell me they had a price mistake, which was ultimately a LIE.

They do this all the time with price mistakes and rebates:
http://slickdeals.net/f/6665470-25-...alid-01-30-14-to-02-08-14-great-deals-inside?

It's BS but no one ever holds them accountable and they keep getting away with it. Reeks of bait and switch. They need to step it up and either get their staff whipped into shape so they quit posting deals they have no intention of honoring or own up to their mistakes and simply honor the prices they list.

I hear ya man. I had a similar experience a few months ago. I ordered an R9 290 which was 'In Stock'. Got the order notification that said it would ship in like 5-7 business days or something like that. 10 days later... nothing.. no shipment notification, and when I tried to look up the order on the site, it didn't even exist.

I chat with one of their service reps, and he says the order is in the system, but the item is actually out of stock which is why I cannot look up the order on their website. He says they should have a shipment in a week and he can upgrade me to free 2 day shipping. At that point, I was just, I'll order something else and asked him to cancel my order. I also asked him why the charge showed up on my CC if the item hasn't even shipped and they didn't even have it, but he said they do that for 'verification' and the charge will go away until the item actually ships. Anyways, he tells me he cancelled my order and if I want to buy something else, let him know and he will upgrade shipping for free for me. I decide to not go with anything at that moment.

About a month and a half later, I get a shipment notification from TD that the R9 290 has shipped out. I'm all 'wtf'? So I check with them again, and I get the same rep, and he says that the original order was never cancelled and that I need to reject the delivery and once it returns and they inventory it, they will credit back my CC. Again, I'm like 'wtf'. I cancelled the order, they messed up, and they now want me to fix their mistake in order to get my money which they illegally took back.

Anyways, ya... long story shorter, ordered an 'In Stock' item which wasn't actually in stock. Cancelled the order, and they still charged me and shipped the item out 2 months after the order was placed. No e-mails or notifications sent to me other than the original order that says the item should ship soon, and the shipment notification 2 months later.

Never doing business with TD ever again.

I hear ya man. I had a similar experience a few months ago. I ordered an R9 290 which was 'In Stock'. Got the order notification that said it would ship in like 5-7 business days or something like that. 10 days later... nothing.. no shipment notification, and when I tried to look up the order on the site, it didn't even exist.

I chat with one of their service reps, and he says the order is in the system, but the item is actually out of stock which is why I cannot look up the order on their website. He says they should have a shipment in a week and he can upgrade me to free 2 day shipping. At that point, I was just, I'll order something else and asked him to cancel my order. I also asked him why the charge showed up on my CC if the item hasn't even shipped and they didn't even have it, but he said they do that for 'verification' and the charge will go away until the item actually ships. Anyways, he tells me he cancelled my order and if I want to buy something else, let him know and he will upgrade shipping for free for me. I decide to not go with anything at that moment.

About a month and a half later, I get a shipment notification from TD that the R9 290 has shipped out. I'm all 'wtf'? So I check with them again, and I get the same rep, and he says that the original order was never cancelled and that I need to reject the delivery and once it returns and they inventory it, they will credit back my CC. Again, I'm like 'wtf'. I cancelled the order, they messed up, and they now want me to fix their mistake in order to get my money which they illegally took back.

Anyways, ya... long story shorter, ordered an 'In Stock' item which wasn't actually in stock. Cancelled the order, and they still charged me and shipped the item out 2 months after the order was placed. No e-mails or notifications sent to me other than the original order that says the item should ship soon, and the shipment notification 2 months later.

Stories like this make me wonder why Bank of America would be offering customers 10% off purchases at TD. Then again BoA has been very crooked in the past, as well.

Unless it's a flat price, I refuse to buy anything from them that has a rebate attached. It's a fucking nightmare

Stories like this make me wonder why Bank of America would be offering customers 10% off purchases at TD. Then again BoA has been very crooked in the past, as well.

Kyle lets these guys advertise in the Deals section...

avoid the place like a plague. few bucks saved isnt worth the bullshit

Thanks for the heads up. I never ordered from there because I am one of the few states they actually charge sales tax.
Any savings or those flaky rebates is quickly negated with tax and shipping.
I'll stick to NE and Amazon.

I have looked at Ncix before but they never have the best price that I've seen yet.

thats interesting. I recently switched from newegg to tiger and its been execellent. I paid tiger .6315 bitcoin 8pm last monday for an xbox one paid for regular ground shipping. it was at my doort the next morning at 10am. In the last 2-3 weeks ive probably ordered over $1200 worth of stuff and its all shown up within 1-2 days.

I've been purchasing a lot of stuff from Tiger with rebates over the last year (between 8-10 rebates total) and they've all been processed really quickly without any problems. I'm pretty happy with Tiger right now, aside from their crappy search.

I've not bought a single product at Tiger for years because they've become one of the worst tech vendors on earth.

TD's only usefullness is pricematching microcenter & saving a 1 hour drive. Outside of that.......(I buy locally, not online from them)

I would just like to mention that I relayed a horror story around black Friday when trying to order an SSD, and the TD rep here on the forums was great about helping me get the deal after the fact when one of their reps screwed up the order.

[L]imey;1040614978 said:
I would just like to mention that I relayed a horror story around black Friday when trying to order an SSD, and the TD rep here on the forums was great about helping me get the deal after the fact when one of their reps screwed up the order.

I think the point of the thread is, they have a very high rate of screwing things up. And its almost always in their favor.

I have one locally and their 15% restocking fee keeps me from buying anything expensive. I've had rebates never show up from them, as well as they use to be or still are in bed with CA and their associates would push the hell out of the software for the bonuses that CA would give for every unit sold.

I worked at TD for a couple weeks inbetween jobs as well. At the time I NEEDED the cash so I pushed those CA suites like crazy, was the top seller in the store for the month that I was there and they never gave me the pay out for it stating that I quit before the months end of entry to file the CA stuff so my sales of it just went to the store. Needless to say, I wasn't happy about that either.

I've had mostly a positive experience with them. I've gotten some very good deals (and some FAR items). Any direct rebates I've done with them have been processed very quickly (4x as fast as Newegg direct rebates).

However, their customer service is lacking. Near BF 2013, I ordered a Corsair 600T case that ended up being backordered even when it showed in stock on their site. Several weeks passed, and the status still showed it was backordered. At this point, I wanted to cancel because I knew it was highly likely that by the time I received the item, it would be out of the rebate redemption period with Corsair and I would not get the UPC in time.

The first rep I chatted with was either playing ignorant or was just plain stupid. I tried to cancel the order and explained it was due to the long delay I was already unhappy with and that I would miss the rebate redemption period. The rep said that the rebate would not be denied because it was still eligible when we were chatting, even though they acknowledged the item might not ship until January, I don't know how this person thought that made any sense... Then they ended the chat and cut me off. I was really unhappy with that.

I then started a new chat with another customer rep just asking for the order to be cancelled. That customer rep did attempt to come through and claimed they cancelled the order, indicating it would take up to a week to show it was cancelled. A week passed, and surprise... it wasn't cancelled. I had to initiate a 3rd chat, and finally, that rep was able to fully cancel the order, something that should have been completed with the first rep. I didn't end up getting screwed, but it easily could have turned out that way if I didn't follow up.

At that point I would have done a chargeback on my CC and told TD that if they wanted the card back, they would have to personally come pick it up at my convienience.

Like with NewEgg, I've never had anything but a positive experience with TD. When I need something next day I order from them since one of their warehouses' are close to me.

Whenever I do have a problem, again like with NewEgg, a friendly "How are you today?" before I describe my issue gets the job done and resolves the issue, every time.

The last rebate purchase I made was through NewEgg and Sans Digital. Never got the rebate, even though I documented everything. NewEgg doesn't care. Several dozens of negative ratings on the item due to rebate scam. So, it's not just TD. They all suck lately.

Back