I hate you all

Samury

Limp Gawd
No sooner than I receive an auto-notify that Egg has 3930K chips do I find that they're already sold out.

Some of us have lives you know. And parts waiting for some CPU lovin'.

Grrrr. Next time I'll beat you all. All I say!

I'm just trying to get a 2500k! Everytime I've come close to pulling the trigger they remove it from my cart!

I've been debating purchasing one too, when I finally convince myself, it ends up going oos 8(

I feel your pain.

I got an email at 1900 last night the 3930K was in stock at newegg.
I bought one.
I got an email this morning from newegg saying they miscalculated the stock volume or some such bullshit and they cancelled my order.:eek:

Really? really?

Oh well, I'm waiting on a Rampage IV Formula to put it in anyway.......no luck there either.

Get a 2600K. There's no reason to want an icky 6 core chip when you can get a 4 core chip that has moar clocks!

...just kidding, OP. Good luck getting the 3930K -- you'll freakin' love it :D

I tiered of waiting on NewEgg for that very reason. So I bought my CPU+Mobo off TD. Everything else came from the Egg though.

Demand is always a little just after a new product has been released. If you can give it a little time you should be able to find them in stock shortly.

Wait, wait. I thought the enthusiast/desktop market was dying. Why are all these 3930K's selling like hotcakes if they're to people who just want tablets?

I salute all of you who buy high end hardware -- keep this segment alive! :D

Yeah definitely dont buy this proc unless you can use the threads. For me it is doing the job nicely.

Wait, wait. I thought the enthusiast/desktop market was dying. Why are all these 3930K's selling like hotcakes if they're to people who just want tablets?

I think the "demand" is self-inflicted by the retailers, especially this time of year.....to keep the pressure on the price........I can't imagine there are that many people who want one of these........hell most wouldn't know what you were talking about.:eek:

I think the "demand" is self-inflicted by the retailers, especially this time of year.....to keep the pressure on the price........I can't imagine there are that many people who want one of these........hell most wouldn't know what you were talking about.:eek:

I want one eventhough I probably wouldn't use it to its full potential. But I don't have the money lol :rolleyes:.

Whoa. The 3930K is $730 at tigerdirect now, got mine last week for $600..wonder what the deal is with that..

Whoa. The 3930K is $730 at tigerdirect now, got mine last week for $600..wonder what the deal is with that..

That is called an artificial demand rip-off my friend.

For some reason these cpus have become short to find, new egg is out and so with no really well known challenger, tiger has decided to test the water and see how much they can get away with.

This is a tough pill. MSRP was/is 575, most places until a couple of days ago were selling for 599........:mad:

Quick check: mwave, on sale in stock, 614.99 http://www.mwave.com/mwave/deepsearch_v3.asp?scriteria=3930k&FilterCatID= I just bought one there.

AVA Direct, in stock, (I looked on this site this morning and the price was $648.99) inflated this afternoon to 799......yikes......http://www.avadirect.com/product_details_parts.asp?PRID=22124

HoHoHo.

I ordered mine from the Egg back on the 26th. Got it last week. This bad boy is FAST.

I've been debating purchasing one too, when I finally convince myself, it ends up going oos 8(

That's exactly what happened with me. I'd be more patient but I want to put the system together and play with it over winter break while I have free time.

But I'm not paying extortion-rate prices.

No sooner than I receive an auto-notify that Egg has 3930K chips do I find that they're already sold out.

Some of us have lives you know. And parts waiting for some CPU lovin'.

Grrrr. Next time I'll beat you all. All I say!

When the 980X came out they were sold out at newegg. I got my CPU from tigerdirect. Got my motherboard and RAM from newegg. You might want to give tigerdirect a shot.

Yup they have it as of 11:30PM EST 12/6/11

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1611094&CatId=7377

When the 980X came out they were sold out at newegg. I got my CPU from tigerdirect. Got my motherboard and RAM from newegg. You might want to give tigerdirect a shot.

Yup they have it as of 11:30PM EST 12/6/11

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1611094&CatId=7377

They may or may not have stock since it states "Usually ships within 48 Hours" so I would call before ordering. They're also charging $131 more than Newegg. If your wanting one that bad I'll sell you one of my unopened ones from Newegg for $700 shipped and guarantee it ships out tomorrow morning lol.

Last edited:
They may or may not have stock since it states "Usually ships within 24 Hours" so I would call before ordering. They're also charging $131 more than Newegg. If your wanting one that bad I'll sell you one of my unopened ones from Newegg for $700 shipped and guarantee it ships out tomorrow morning lol.

Careful what you wish for ;)

I got mine the morning of release @ $599. I had been waiting over 5yr to upgrade so I HAD to have it!

That's exactly what happened with me. I'd be more patient but I want to put the system together and play with it over winter break while I have free time.

But I'm not paying extortion-rate prices.

Look. I linked to mwave. I paid 15 bucks more, but if their price goes back to 599
ol within 30 days, I'll get the difference back.

Picked mine up at MicroCenter, $599. They had 5 sitting on the shelf. *shrugs*

Friday I was wishy-washying around to get one. Didn't. By Monday...all gone. Local Microcenter has one in stock, today. See if I got it fast enough.

While the Desktop market has dropped around 4%, the enthusiast space of the market has grown over 10%. In other words there are more people are buying and building their own computers than ever before.

I personally own a iPhone, an iPad, a ereader, a laptop with an Intel® Core™ 2 Duo P8400, and my home desktop with an Intel Core i7-860 in it. Besides the ereader I dont come close to using any of the other devises as much as I use by home desktop. For work, gaming and school it is very hard to replace the experience of running on a 27" display.

Man, I am getting fucked all over like a cheap whore.

First newegg listed the CPU in stock then short-sold me.
As noted I reordered from mwave and 48 hours later I get an email that they also short-sold their inventory.

Newegg immediately refunded me, mwave has tried to keep my money on the promise they will have stock by Monday.
I told them to refund my money.

I just ordered (for the third time) now from Tigerdirect at 599 and they HAVE stock....or at least that's what I'm told.

Maybe this is a message from God, I'm not supposed to do this.

Got one! Hopefully. From the Egg.

Apparently being charged, i.e. getting the email, isn't as good of a sign as I had thought. Here's hoping I get a shipping notice tomorrow and not something else.

I'll have all my other components by tomorrow, if the shipping data holds true, so here's hoping this works and I don't have $2000+ in equipment sitting around gathering dust.

Obviously they didn't read the [H] review :D

if you think this is bad wait till the new wave of graphics cards come out.

if you think this is bad wait till the new wave of graphics cards come out.

True.
I always consider ordering only after the first month.......checking for stock every hour is maddening.:p

We seem to have some here in Aus - I also have the iPad,iphone4s, Dell lappie etc. but my wife and I prefer the 2 PCs. Originally I said 'no f$&king way' to this chip, however I want to say good buy to my 1366 rig, ROG or not. Funnily, the Intel DX79SI is the board I am looking at for a 3930, it looks a good board. Now, if I can just catch myself in a moment of weakness...

I wouldn't even bother with Newegg because now not only do they limit the purchase to 1 per customer but you have to buy it with a combo and their combos all suck unless you want one of the two or three mobos they have added, none of which are the Rampage IV lol.

I wouldn't even bother with Newegg because now not only do they limit the purchase to 1 per customer but you have to buy it with a combo and their combos all suck unless you want one of the two or three mobos they have added, none of which are the Rampage IV lol.

I don't know what you're talking about, but I have successfully purchased my CPU without any other items and it's on its way. And 1 per customer this time of year doesn't seem so bad. I'm quite thankful for it, really, if mine arrives intact.

If not...

Back