I hate newegg!

theinv

Limp Gawd
Bought 8 x 2TB samsung @ $149 last week, now the price went down to $139...
How can they sell it at such low price? Is the 3TB coming soon?

The 2TB disks were overpriced to begin with. 70 euro for 1.5TB but 130+ for 2.0TB? Calculate the price-per-GB yourself. :)

And yeah the 666GB/platter 3-platter 2TB disks will cause prices to fall; and be the sweet spot for the next generation HDDs.

You do realize if you contact newegg they will usually give you a refund for the reduced price.

I find it funny that the OP picked 2TB drives as an example. Back when the first WD 2TB came out Newegg was completely clueless on pricing. For a long time, you could get a retail boxed WD 2TB at frikkin' *Best Buy* for less than their shittily-packed OEM bare drive. Throw in the cost of a SATA cable with their ripoff shipping charges (often more than the cable itself), and it was no contest.

It used to be that you could pretty much blind-buy anything at Newegg and be pretty sure you got the lowest price, or very very close. Now you have to be more careful.

Once 2.5TB+ drives come out it's going to be funny. Anyone with Windows XP will not be able to use them do to the limitations of MBR.

Once 2.5TB+ drives come out it's going to be funny. Anyone with Windows XP will not be able to use them do to the limitations of MBR.

Windows users will be able to use them, They will just have to make more than one partition. Also according to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table, vista and 7 will have the exact same limitation. Correct me if i am wrong though I do not follow such things very closely since I do not use windows.

My bad. I thought the promo code got you the $30 discount from $179.99 to $149.99

Windows users will be able to use them, They will just have to make more than one partition. Also according to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table, vista and 7 will have the exact same limitation. Correct me if i am wrong though I do not follow such things very closely since I do not use windows.

XP is limited to only using MBR (Max 2TB per volume). Vista or 7 both can use GPT.

I guess technically XP users will still be able to use a 2.5TB+ drive they would just have to partition it.

Just wait till 3tb+ drives hit and you can't use 'em for a boot drive on any operating system.

Back