I Hate Gainward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
xSyzygy666x said:
well consider yerself warned......check out the specs on it compared to others.......its significantly inferior plus the fan is LAUGHABLE oh btw http://www.gainwardusa.com/products/vga_780dt_flash.htm theres the specs and a pic.....and there drivers SUCK ....i installed normal NVIDIA drivers and my 3dmark03 scores went up 100 pts................ya.....................i wish i knew bout ATI then :( i hate nvidia so bad now

Haha, that fan couldn't cool my northbridge :p . I feel so nerdy for saying that, too :D

I'd say you deffinately didn't do you homework on the card purchases, you hate Nvidia, you bash Gainward....Why WHY!!!!!??? the horror the pain, oh well, I don't particularly like Gainward, but they are deffinately far from crap, i had a Gainward GF4 Ti 4400 that oced to 4600 speeds, its been running that way for 2 years, it has never frozen up once, i have never had any problems. You are right about the drivers though, they SUCK, use Nvidia reference, they work alot better. And your friend couldn't be too knowledgable about comptuers if he chose a FX5900 over a 9800P or even a 9700P. That is just plain dumb. Now you are bashing the 6800 series and you don't know crap about them!!! With the new 61.34 drivers they have stopped ATi in its tracks, the GT is as good as the X800 Pro in every respect, and same as the Ultra and the XT. So if you think the 6800 is not good then you can also say the X800 Pro is not good because they have the same IQ, performance is almost identical in every benchmark, and the Nvidia card has more new technologies, plus Nvidia is a bit like Intel, they are low sneaky, intelligent(maybe this doesn't always apply to their marketing schemes) but they are good at making hardware, and most important of all, they are into every company under the sun, so that means more games will be "Nvidia supported", although game makers try to support both companies as best as they can.

aww why not :(

hahaha just jk i think this thread should be closed before anymore damage is dealt

burningrave101 said:
Certificates are worthless. Dont waste your time getting them. Your not going to learn enough to piss in your pants. Stay in school and go to a good tech school or university and major in the area of computers your interested in. I'm a computer networking major and plan to go on into computer engineering most likely but i'm not positive yet.

EDIT: I was gonna say something else but i'm just gonna shut up now and go to bed before i get myself in trouble lol :D .

I dont understand why you guys would put someone down for what ever level of education they persue.

I can tell you this. As a business owner I would hire someone who is a cerificate holder who is willing to learn the real world. That world has no room for sefl involved holy than thou self acclaimed book smart computer idiots that dont have a clue about the real world.

And further more, attitude and who you know gets you hired. You can take your degrees and jam them. I hire people that can function in the real world and take direction from me.

I am like many others. You guys who are still wet behind the ears better wise up or you will be flipping hamburgers and you degrees will be only good for painting a future to a girl you hope to bang

Granted the guy was way off base downing Gainward but get a life.

Gainward rocks. It's just the 5600 was a piece. That's all. It was a mistake. I guarantee you all 5600s are more less the same, but Gainward's cards probably have more overclocking headroom.

My Golden Sample has treated me greatly from day 1. I'm looking to get a 5900XT or 6800GT when prices come down more...

I have had a Gainward Ge4 ti4600 since they released it, and it still runs Flawless.

I will soon be replaceing it with a X800XT or a 6800 Ultra though (whichever becomes Available)

i would not hesitate in buying a Gainward 6800U

jacuzz1 said:
I dont understand why you guys would put someone down for what ever level of education they persue.

I can tell you this. As a business owner I would hire someone who is a cerificate holder who is willing to learn the real world. That world has no room for sefl involved holy than thou self acclaimed book smart computer idiots that dont have a clue about the real world.

And further more, attitude and who you know gets you hired. You can take your degrees and jam them. I hire people that can function in the real world and take direction from me.

I am like many others. You guys who are still wet behind the ears better wise up or you will be flipping hamburgers and you degrees will be only good for painting a future to a girl you hope to bang

For some reason, I find this amusing...

Anyhow, if anyone's interested in "a clue about real world", read Dilbert. The major difference between it and the "real world" is that those around you won't be so obviously non-human.

jacuzz1 said:

I agree with pretty much eveything he said

yeah whatever pal. i have a gainward geforce 3 and it's a great card; overclocks really well too. :rolleyes:

I didn't know that there were people on THESE forums with the line of though that Dell makes the best computers "because they're 200gb".

C'mon, if you aren't complaining about build quality, then it isn't Gainward's fault.

ds to me like you're just Nvidia bashing but blaming it on Gainward. My last card was a Gianward GeForce4 Ti4200... the thing is still kicking today in my other machine, OCed since the day I got it.

Same here! :D I bought mine to replace a Geforce 2 MX, and the first thing I did was o/c it. And not just up to the lame "guaranteed" overclock that Gainward does with the Golden Sample series. I went way past that- 300/580 from 250/444 (almost 4600 speeds). How often do you see a rock stable 100+ Mhz bump on memory? That's quality, if you ask me.

jacuzz1 said:

I agree. Dont bash the poor guy because he wants to get a certificate. Contrary to popular belief, you WILL need them to get some jobs out there. The hiring people are going to take a look at you, realize how smart you are about computers, and say, gee, if this guy is so smart and getting a+ is so easy, why didn't he get it? They will think its laziness or lack of motivation. There goes the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back