I Hate Dell

I, too, have had good luck with Dell business support - last two laptops I've had were bought from the small business side. I NEVER call them anymore, complete waste of time, they have an online chat feature that is fast and easy - they have most of your information already, and they don't ask too many dumb questions (Is it plugged in?).

I did have a tech come out one time and was very pleased with the service, though as previously mentioned outsourced on-site techs vary widely in quality. More recently the DVD in my laptop died and while I did have to run some tests on the drive for them, it wasn't too much fuss and they sent me out a new one.

Bottom line, if you're buying Dell be sure to get it from the business side and use their online chat feature when you need support. Kyle didn't have that luxury here and I think that's part of the reason he had so much trouble. It also sounds like I've been very lucky - but then, odds are I'll get shipped out the wrong part here soon. ;-)

Side note - I can see why more people are buying Apple these days - while I've had some less than pleasant experiences with the "geniuses" (if ever scare quotes were needed) in store, I've called a few times for friends and family (iPhone/iTunes stuff) and been very impressed, always very courteous and helpful.

I bought a 10-user license to Citrix Access Essentials through Dell for my company one time. We grew bigger, so I had to order 30 more license. Dell spells the name of my company wrong and pushes the request through to Citrix for more licenses.

I find out I can't tie in my 30-user license with my 10-user and after awhile I notice the typo on Dell's part. Dell basically tells me too bad, it's out of their hands now, I have to call Citrix. Citrix of course tells me I have to call Dell.

It's been awhile, so I don't remember how it played out, but I remember it taking days to sort it out. I managed to get Citrix and Dell into a three-way conference and let them duke it out, and Citrix told Dell to go fuck themselves for what they've done, then proceed to tie together licenses by erasing the old license and reissuing new ones - something Dell should have done, but Dell would probably have been forced to pay for 30 new license (which was probably why Citrix want Dell to deal with it, so they can get more money).

Citrix makes awesome software, but they and Dell can go to hell where customer service is concerned.

Mine's an oldie (because I haven't purchased Dell since,) dating back to 2000.

I was the IT guy for a small-ish dot-com, in charge of all aspects of in-house IT. An executive decision was made to offer the engineers laptops to replace their desktops, if they wanted. Four or five agreed.

So, after much research, we went with a Dell. As we were dealing with Dell, Windows 2000 came out. We decided to go ahead and have Windows 2000 put on them, instead of Windows 98SE. (Millennium was never even an option.)

So we got the notebooks, got all our custom software loaded, got them on the domain, etc, etc. The next morning, an engineer brings one in first thing with the complaint that he had shut the lid the previous evening, and when he came in, it was crashed, and very hot. Power-cycle, and back to working. After lunch, a second engineer came back with an even bigger problem. He had put his laptop in his laptop bag, then gone to lunch. When he got back, his laptop was not only crashed, and EXTREMELY hot, but a couple of the keyboard keys were even partially melted.

I then figured out that all of the newly-purchased notebooks did the same thing when entering sleep mode. They would shut off their fans and hard drive (so all noise stopped,) along with the LCD backlight; but were apparently frozen with the CPU drawing a lot of power.

I called Dell, and after getting bumped three levels, and talking to three supervisors, I finally got them to warranty replace the one with the melted keys. As for the others, their official solution? "Disable sleep mode". That was it. This took a few weeks to even get that answer, along with an admission that that model doesn't support sleep mode in Windows 2000. (I never did find out if the got that little issue fixed. When they refused to replace them, we dumped them and bought IBMs.)

Dell makes sure that I have a reason to go up to Michigan and see my girlfriend's family, hand my girlfriend the keys once I get there, and consume all the beer I need to deal with solving the problems with their computers without resorting to a hammer or a shotgun.

Her aunt, her sister, and her mom all have Dell computers. All three of them have been nothing but trouble, ironically, after the warranty expired. Hard drives taking a dive, even being walked through a reformat via customer service/tech support somehow getting botched...yeah, fun times.

A buddy of mine has a Dell system that got him through college. About a year ago it started overheating, even with consistently dusting it all out, using both air in a can and my Metro DataVac, and even replacing the exhaust fan with something more potent. (His system had the fanduct going over the heatsink to the exhaust) He finally took up my advice on removing the duct, cutting a hole in the side panel and putting in a fan to blow air directly down onto the heatsink. Hasn't had a problem since.

With this kind of experience on hand, you'd think I'd have learned a lesson somewhere, or at the very least, be a bit more cautious before buying any Dell products on my own. Ha. I didn't.

Against better judgement I bought a Dell monitor. A 2407WFP in fact. (pre-HC, don't remember the revision number) I read the reviews, and while not all were glowing, it was better than the competition at the time, especially on a value level. It could do what I wanted, and had all the inputs I needed to hook up my PC, 360, and my PS2 at the same time, or down the road, I could get something to hook up my cable box to the monitor and watch TV, since my actual TV is an old POS with a blown speaker (it doesn't even have any RCA connections, its so damn old).

It shows up and I'm initially impressed. Picture quality wise, this was a very solid investment. Color on this isn't too bad, and the backlight bleed is noticable if you're really looking for it, but otherwise you don't see it. Everything about the monitor felt solid. At least that's what I felt when I first got it.

Fast forward to now - I'm feeling that this is the worst $650 plus tax and shipping I've ever spent on a single piece of computer equipment and can't wait to replace it with something better. There's horrible backlight bleed now, and I don't know why. I don't know if its always been like this and I just never truly noticed, or if this has been a gradual process that just crept its way in until I finally started seeing it for what it was. The component and RCA inputs don't work at all on the monitor now, when I know for a fact they did at one time actually work, at least with my PS2 hooked up. I gave up on that because I already had my Xbox 360 hooked up via VGA and both gaming systems plus my tower were taking up too much desk space. And I didn't really play my PS2 anymore so it seemed pointless to do, other than cater to my laziness. But I tried it again recently and, well, they don't work now.

The thing that REALLY pisses me off? The labeling of the button that allows you to switch between connections has worn off. The power button spins about, and if its not directly centered, I can neither shut off or turn on the monitor until I find a means to re-center the damn button in place.

And what makes absolutely no sense to me is why you would make it so that the power button is lit up in darkness, but none of the other buttons have the same illumination. An LED for that costs Dell what, 20 cents a pop? I'd pay the ten or twenty dollar markup to have all the damn buttons lit up so I don't have to turn on a light to see what I'm doing.

This will be my first and last Dell monitor, if not Dell product, that I purchase ever again, unless by some miracle there's nothing but glowing reviews on all the major independent review sites. I loved it when I first got it, but time of ownership has left me feeling that I should've waited for a newer model if I had my heart set on a Dell monitor.

This isn't to say Dell monitors suck. This is to say the one I personally own, sucks. Others have been fortunate enough to luck out and have something worthwhile even now. I am just among those who cannot say the same.

You know every company is going to have these kinds of stories out there. I deal with dell quite frequently as I handle all our end user hardware at work and I don't usually have a problem getting what I need. I do sometimes run into one of those techs you just want to choke. Let me tell you though I have two words for you guys "Chat Support" its so much easier than calling.

I sent my Dell rep an email about your issue kyle. Hopefully he'll get in touch with you and help.

I had a Dell Optiplex 745 SFF (lab system) come into the tech support area of my university with a broken side panel hinge. The system was under three year full accidental coverage so this shouldn't have been a problem. After a days worth of calls to Dell support, they finally flat out denied the warranty repair because of "FCC regulations". After having the CIO call back and threaten to pull all future purchases, Dell saw things are way and honored the warranty.

It's no use to check to see if you dell display has a service tag. none of them do. and they never have. the only thing that they have a serial number.

Oh really? Reeeeallly?

I guess that sticker on the back of my 30" that says "Service Tag" isn't the service tag eh? And when I type this magic set of numbers/letters into dell's website it doesn't magically find my 3 yr warranty for my 30" LCD either...

I will agree that most of the smaller monitors that are bundled with the machines will probably keep the same service tag for simplicity... but larger monitors / ones sold separate should have service tags if they want to use that system.

Oh really? Reeeeallly?

I guess that sticker on the back of my 30" that says "Service Tag" isn't the service tag eh? And when I type this magic set of numbers/letters into dell's website it doesn't magically find my 3 yr warranty for my 30" LCD either...

I will agree that most of the smaller monitors that are bundled with the machines will probably keep the same service tag for simplicity... but larger monitors / ones sold separate should have service tags if they want to use that system.

Referring to my first post in the thread too... note the message on the bottom... I ordered this monitor from Dell Outlet a year ago when the price dropped to $900... then $750 like a month after that (I ordered at the $900 price... )

3007wfp.jpg

Man you guys have some really bad luck.. or I really have the best luck in the world.

Ive been dealing with Dell for about 9 years now, my previous company had about 20,000 dell laptop / desktop / monitors that i had to deal with. Over the years ive probably put in at least 500 calls, ive had 2 problems. The first was mainly a language barrier. We just couldnt communicate. I hung up and called again.. problem solved. The second issue was a tech not showing up when he said he would. Thats it. Thats been the extent of my issues.

Sure there are those horror stories.. but id think they are mostly isolated issues. Of all the support companies ive worked with, dell has been the most consistent in providing good support.

THE BEST DELL STORY EVER.

I have the best Dell story ever. About 3 1/2 years ago, in May or June of 2006, I spent a rather large amount of money, about $1300 - $1400 dollars buying a Dell laptop, 1710 I think with the 7900gs video card in it. This was a special order that was assembled in Taiwan and shipped to me once the order was complete, from what I remember.

About 2+ weeks pass and, finally, my laptop has arrived. This is my first Laptop, First Dell product, period. I am extremely excited.

So I wash my hands, having just ate lunch, grab the box and sit down on the floor to carefully open up my new laptop. At the start, it all looks great, brand new, smells new and as I start to pull out the contents, I hear small pieces of plastic or screws maybe, something making a noise you would not expect.

So I pull out the laptop and while the box is not damaged, the corner of the laptop is crushed. My heart sinks and I start to panic as, I bought the laptop so I could continue raiding in World of Warcraft with my guild. At the time we were in AQ40 and working on C'thun.

At one time I had pictures but they are long gone. I think somewhere I still have the laptop. The damage was from what I could tell as if a machine or door or something in the factory had caught the laptop and crushed the edge and destroyed the LCD and the laptop. I also remember deep marks in the plastic around the area that was crushed.

Here is the kicker, I called right away to Dell, to explain that my laptop was destroyed but inside a brand new box that did not have any damage. The guy I got on the phone was India from what I could take and I could not understand him very well. After explaining to him, what had happened, and again, I wasn't too sure he understood me, he said that this type of damage is not covered sir. He kept saying he was sorry over and over again and that I should call the people that delivered it.

Since I was to get married in a few days, I decided to leave the laptop issue alone and deal with it once I got back from Florida.

This is wear things went bad. On our drive out to Florida, my wife and I are hit by a drunk driver. No one is killed but we are both hurt pretty bad. I had to get several stitches in my scalp, that was ripped away from the top of my head exposing my skull, I did you not. I also had a very large gash in the side of my upper leg. I remember being able to see a lot of white stuff, layer of fat perhaps. I broke ribs, a few toes and my shoulder. Wife was ok.

I was in the hospital for several weeks and then went home to heal. I spent all summer and part of fall in bed. Even after I was able to start getting around, I was weak for a long time.

When I did finally get around to calling Dell to sort out the issue with my laptop, I was told too much time had passed. When I explained the car accident I had due to a drunk driver, I was again told that too much time had passed and that there was nothing they could do.

Dell owes me a new gaming laptop. The 1710 I never got. Mr. Dell himself has my money and in turn, I have nothing for it. I am bitter and wish there was something I can do. It's been 3 1/2 years and chances are, no one cares, it's too late and even if I talked to Dell, gave them the police report, copy of my hospital dates, that show I was hurt just a week after I got the crushed Dell laptop in the mail, they would still do nothing.

I've been on the phone w. Dell so many times, that I now speak in an Indian accent

Foamy the squirrel calls "Smell" tech support

Foamy the Squirrel tech support II "Shouldn't you be working now!":D

Foamy Tech Support III Is it still there? OK, the "ignore it and it will go away" method will not work here today....

I called Dell tech support a couple of years ago for my Dad's laptop, and a swear the conversations were almost word for word like these, Indian accent and all.

I had a nightmare go round with Dell Financial when I bought my laptop. The laptop itself is about as perfect as it could ever be, and my 20" monitor has been great too. I decided to order a 23" monitor, and it was insane. I have a Dell credit acct, and the website wouldn't accept it. So, I call to order it, and they say the acct is on hold because of late payment! I had a zero balance, so I had no idea how that was supposed to be happening. They said they would look into it, and get back to me. So I wait a couple days and they send me an email invoice with a balance due of $0.0, and said it would have to be paid in full before I could order anything! I wrote back, asking if someone had actually read the invoice or not, and why wasn't this taken care of. I get a message telling me to call them, so I do, and I got someone with a very odd (NOT Indian) accent, and she says "You won't be allowed to buy anything on credit from Dell, since I haven't paid off the....oh, your balance is zero!" I laughed and said, "Yeah, I paid the account off like 2 years ago!" She did some tapping on her keyboard, and says, "You should be able to order now, your balance is now really zero!". I say, "OK!", and that was it. I find a 10% off coupon someplace and try to order again. Nope, and at that point, I do a chat with some guy who again tells me there's a balance of zero, and...oh, there's a balance of zero, so he "fixes" it again. It still doesn't work, so while I'm on chat with him, I just told him, "I ordered a Samsung 23" off another site for almost the same price, so just forget it!".. I disconnected the chat, and a couple days later, the Samsung monitor arrived. The next day, the Dell I couldn't order shows up! I called them and told them what happened, and that legally, I could keep it, since I never actually ordered it. They didn't agree, and we ended up negotiating a really great price and I sent a check to pay for it, and sold it a few days later for a nice profit.I'm done with Dell financial at this point. It's too much work to buy anything compared to anyplace else, like Newegg..

Dell canceled my M1730 with dual 9800GT's citing "price mistake" Bullshit if you ask me considering my neighbor received his. I ordered it way before he did. The neighbor was too lazy to do it online and called Dell Sales to get the same config as mine. He got his and I got shafted.

Next, I ordered an Inspiron 1505 when it was first launch. Dell delayed my order twice citing no available parts. That took a whole month and now I have moved from my parents' house to a new address. I called them to get my address updated because their shitty online system refuse to let me update my contact. Rep said "OK no problem sir!" in Indian accent no less. 2 weeks later, my dad called me that a dell box has arrived on his door step. WTF? Called Dell rep and he said that my contact was never updated. I told him to pick it up from my parents' place and send it to me. Nope, that was too easy so the rep forced me to do a return and rebuy.

So I did a return and rebuy. Don't ask why. Now I make damn sure the rep has updated my shipping address. "Done deal, sir." The courier came by and pick up the lappy. 1 week passed by and I got another call from my dad "Another Dell box is here." SOB! No way on earth they f'ed up again, right? Wrong! Same story as the previous shipment. Now there is 2 charges on my Dell Preferred Account. I wasn't gonna pay for either of those charges so after lengthy phone calls, a supervisor promised me she will sort everything out. I also spoke to Dell Preferred Account rep regarding the situation because the due date is up. He told to just send the payment to avoid penalty fee and that they will reimburse me for both charges as soon as the second laptop is returned. So I complied.

Another week passed by and another call from my dad "One more Dell box is here. Oh they never picked up the other one." So now I have 2 laptops that I have never been able to use and 2 paid charges after months of problems. Both were never delivered to the supposedly updated address. At this point I pretty much gave up. School was so busy that I have no time to follow up to my complaints. I thought about reselling both and cut the loss. All hopes seem loss until...

2 weeks passed by, a check equivalent to one of the charges from Dell Preferred Account came in the mail at my new address no less. Hmmm...wtf? May be they picked up one of the laptop. Nope. May be they will call me to cancel the check because it was a mistake. Nope. I deposit it with 7 days hold just to see if it's legit. The check cleared. Holy F! I got one free lappy! Had Dell been helpful and sent me my laptop on time, I would have gladly return that check to them. However, after the hell I've been through with their service and the expensive cell phone bill (no land line at the new place) that I got from countless hours of getting the run around and being on hold, this was compensatory + punitive damage. Wait, it gets more interesting....

Another uneventful month passed by and a statement from DPA came. This is odd considering I've switched to online statement last month, To my surprise there is a CREDIT amount equal to one laptop. Once again I checked my parents to see if Dell has picked up any of the laptops. Nope. Now they have seriously f'ed up. I don't want to see some poor soul getting fired for this. So I called DPA trying to find out what is going on and explain my situation. After 30 minutes of getting the run around and being on hold, I got a supervisor. Now she is a complete B#TCH. She acted as if it was my fault that caused the discrepancies. Nasty words were exchanged.

-Rep:"Sir you are a very unpleasant customer and the best I can do for you is to send you a check for the credit amount!"
-Me: "Hmmm what now? Have you not heard a single word that I told you earlier?"
-Rep: "Sir don't be rude. This is the best we can do for you."

At this point, I was so damn mad and confused that I completely ignored the potential benefit of getting another check.

Me: "Are you out of your f'ing mind?! I am trying to tell you that you gave me the wrong credit."
Rep: "Sir I will not tolerate your profanity." Click. She hung up on me. I threw my hands up in the air, thinking to myself that someone will discover the problem and fix it. Another 2 weeks gone by and to my delightful surprise, another check came to me from DPA. I gave up trying to find reasons and logic behind all of this madness. I deposited the check and gave every pennies to various charities at my school and the local health fair for the less fortunate.

To sum this up. Dell customer service was so piss poor that they messed up 3 times and deprived me a laptop for roughly 3 months. At the same time, the local charities and I thank you Dell for your generosity.

I sometimes have to deal with Dell in my work and its always a pain in the ass... when trying to call the consumer print support in my country is just ridiculous... this is the list to press:
first choose 1 for country. Then choose 1 again for workstation. after that press 1 *again* for optiplex and precision workstation. After that u press 5 for consumer print support! =)

inst it just lovley? if u should happen to choose consumer print support directly after choosing contry it will automagicly transfer u to buissnes print support... which CANT HELP U!!!

Part of the reason I joined the [H] was because of Dell. Horrible service to get a soundcard installed. Needless to say I was miffed enough to never purchase a single product from them again. I have built and rebuilt all of my subsequent rigs from material I have learned here. Not to mention the accents are much more manageable on the forums;)

a couple years back.

workstation on my wife's office crapped out. hard drive died and we needed to get a simple replacement. it was still functional, but sounded like a garbage disposal once the station was turned on. wasn't fan, PSU, etc.

IT WAS THE HARD DRIVE........which every human/intelligent explanation/description should have been able to convey to tech support agent.

But no.....they just wanted to trouble shoot more and read the fucking script.

so as the hour was ending, and we had all our laughs in the office....I politely asked the agent if he could turn his headset volume up...and i placed the phone beside the garbage disposal (the HD) and turned the machine on again.

"OK, sir, let me issue an RMA at this point."

Did anyone send his thread to Michael Dell's email yet?

Let me ask you one question though: do you think any other company is any better?

Brand new Latitude 2100 netbook. Worked great for about 2 months. Then, mysteriously, in the BIOS it changed the hard drive setting from ATA to AHCI. Well, hosed Windows and I didn't now exactly WTF was going on. Spent the better part of 10 hours on the phone with Dell support. Some indian fuck that claimed his name was "Michael". In fact I had to call back 4 times, each time getting a different indian, each time they were all named Michael.

After hours and hours of their useless help and refusal to RMA the netbook I figured it out myself. Still doesn't explain how that setting magically changed itself and hosed Windows. Pisses me off to no end that their support it worthless and their refusal to RMA the netbook infuriated me even more. They claim that since it boots and gets past POST that it was my fault something isn't working and the hardware was fine. Granted it was, but I didn't change the BIOS.

To top it off they wanted me to pay $50 to speak to a Tier 3 support specialist. Pay for what?

Fuck Dell, Fuck Dell and oh, FUCK DELL. I paid for the netbook (well, not really, it was a kickback) i shouldn't have to pay extra for support on their shitty hardware.

Man you guys have some really bad luck.. or I really have the best luck in the world.

Ive been dealing with Dell for about 9 years now, my previous company had about 20,000 dell laptop / desktop / monitors that i had to deal with. Over the years ive probably put in at least 500 calls, ive had 2 problems. The first was mainly a language barrier. We just couldnt communicate. I hung up and called again.. problem solved. The second issue was a tech not showing up when he said he would. Thats it. Thats been the extent of my issues.

Sure there are those horror stories.. but id think they are mostly isolated issues. Of all the support companies ive worked with, dell has been the most consistent in providing good support.

you are probably getting better support because of the company you work for. Regular folks don't get same support group. Dell would rather keep a 20,000 unit business happy than a single joe.

We deal with dell a tun with warranty work and rma's. What i do is chat with them online Its soooo much easier. Make life so much better just to chat with them then to call them

buy acer - better built and less hassels with warrenty

Are you kidding me!??!??!! My 24" Acer backlight went out and trying to navigate their website is like trying to drive down a one way street the opposite direction with street signs in Chinese. After finding a phone number/email address to contact someone to say its broke and I would like to the start the RMA process the asshole on the other end asks me like Im a retard: "How do you know its broke?" I replied back, "Umm because it won't display a picture! Thats how I know." I had to jump through some email hoops to get it but eventually I did. To top it off, I had to pay to package it and ship it off. I asked what happens if its damaged in transit because they wanted me to wrap it in 2-3 inches of bubble wrap, and I know that doesn't protect shit. Their reply was its something I'd have to take up with the shipper.

Bought my Dell 30" and am happier than a bug in a rug.

I hate Dell because their laptops are on the borderline of requiring you to have an additional cooling device because they overheat so much.

This is why I love Lenovo, because they don't manufacture crap hardware and material unlike Dell. In fact, I have a Lenovo G530 that I bought for $500 on NewEgg. Compared to my cousin's Inspiron 1500's (two of them), this baby doesn't produce anywhere enough heat to keep you warm during the winter.

An [H]'er here with Dell connects saw the thread and kicked it up the ladder here in the USA and Dell has a replacement on the way to me.

^And I did try to chat online, but it will not let you do that without a service tag #. :(

you are probably getting better support because of the company you work for. Regular folks don't get same support group. Dell would rather keep a 20,000 unit business happy than a single joe.

This is true. HP treats me like a king because I only buy HP laptops, computers and printers for my company.

Two of my servers are HP ProLiants, and 3 are Dell PowerEdges. 3 more are outsourced to a datacenter running SuperMicros.

Dell doesn't care that I spent money on 3 PowerEdges at approximately $3500 each and 40 Citrix licenses at $2413 per 10 users. Apparently that's peanuts to them.

Been there done that. I had a motherboard die on me. I called Dell since we have a support contract and said "my motherboard died can I please get a replacement?" They had me checking everything under the sun. Meanwhile back at the ranch support tickets were coming in and after an hour I gave up and said nevermind. I ended up going on New Egg and buying a new motherboard. Thanks Dell!

Been there done that. I had a motherboard die on me. I called Dell since we have a support contract and said "my motherboard died can I please get a replacement?" They had me checking everything under the sun. Meanwhile back at the ranch support tickets were coming in and after an hour I gave up and said nevermind. I ended up going on New Egg and buying a new motherboard. Thanks Dell!

You're complaining because they had you troubleshoot? If you had already done the proper troubleshooting you could've easily said "tried that, no change, etc."

It's been 6 years now since I called dell support last. It took 2 hours for them to relalize that a corrupted video output at boot might mean a bad video card. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with them.

Had a defect show up in my Benq monitor, had it RMA'd (painless)

I did have to call the service center directly while they had the monitor and "convince" the support guy there was a problem (they had no DVI computer to test with, only a dvd-player LOL!?!).

My brother has had serious issues with getting his laptop working, replaced mobo, hdd, etc etc sent a bad mobo, we've all heard this before. Praying my M1330 has no issues....

Service has been one of the main reasons why I'm a bit worried about ordering a Dell laptop. Few family members had to jump through hoops to get their's fixed.

Now looking at Asus but then Best Con on the other side of the ladder. :(

Service has been one of the main reasons why I'm a bit worried about ordering a Dell laptop. Few family members had to jump through hoops to get their's fixed.

Now looking at Asus but then Best Con on the other side of the ladder. :(

THIS, I will never buy another Dell laptop. Last one I purchased was the XPS Gen2 with the 6800Ultra, which was later upgraded to the 7800go. The laptop stopped drawing power from the wall so I couldn't charge the battery or run straight from wall power. When I called up they said the part I needed to replace WAS NOT under the warranty and would cost me $500 FREAKIN DOLLARS to fix on a $2800 laptop??? I was so livid I didn't continue with phone call, opened up the laptop, reconnected a pin on the power plug and now it works just fine, so fuck you dell...

Dell service sucks but I've had great service from a few other companies. Tigerdirect forgot to ship my laptop a few years ago. I called them they said they were sorry and upgraded it by about $300 and shipped it the same day. I was impressed.

I had even worse customer service from Sony. I wouldn't recommend either based on service though.

I guess it's possible something has changed. But when I did dell small business support if someone had a bad monitor and needed it replaced but lacked an order or attach tag we would just check the S/N to make sure it was under warranty then issue a replacement under a dummy tag.

I mean yeah everyone going to have different experiences and the occasional problem. But in my mind, those who experience the most problems bring it upon themselves.

What about the other monitors? Are they exactly the same? Do you have order #'s for those? Why not just use that order number to get the bad one replaced? Assuming they are identical.

I have never had an issue in the past and have done this before.

I don't feel any need to start lying in order to get service. HardOCP spent $40K with Dell last year. You think these idiots would look up your account when you call in and realize that you are a good paying customer....

I'm glad to hear this thread had the desired effect.

I actually already bought the replacement before the warranty was sent. Need it for testing and don't have time to wait around for others to get my work done. That said, I did just get one step closer to this.

HardOCP_Eyefinity_DreamStation.png

Back