I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I have posted in this thread too. I got my madrel kit in the mail today so I started my modding today because I couldn't wait any longer. I did get my 4 1/2" Bosch hole saw to cut two holes however I messed up pretty bad and the hole saw cut past the circle that I measured. The drill I own is an 18v cordless Skil drill that I also recently bought. I was going to buy a Magnum and now I really regret that decision. My Skil drill lacks the power to cut the holes properly so I had to tilt the saw in the four corners of the circle in order to cut the aluminum. I'm reeealy frustrated now and I need to buy a new top panel because I want this case to look good.

Been there, messed up my own blowhole cutting as well. I remember the feeling when I realized I'd damaged my top panel, so I pulled the machine out from under the desk and snapped a shot for you. Here's what I came up with as a fix:

It originally had a 120mm fan suspended from the top beams as an exhaust, but I forgot to reconnect it after messing around with the insides and noticed it made no real difference. Ripped it out.

No closeup shots - it's my first mod ever, with appropriate quality. Drill, dremel, sharpie, glue and steel mesh were involved.

Here's mine
IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

nice lookin' build...pics are a little dark though, how about some with some direct lighting or flash on so we can see the wiring.

After not posting for a few years, I found this thread on monday, now friday I have this to show for a weeks work (on and off) :D

dscf0166nx8.jpg

dscf0161ae4.jpg

features include display of coolant temp (glycol) and setpoint to start the fans. The temp controller itself was liberated from a dumpster cost £116 new from RS. I also made a stainless steel (316) reservoir (1.5L capacity) fully tig welded.

Asus M2R32
AMD 6000+
ATI x1950

I can see you are in some kind of trade maybe? Excellent use of fittings and couplers. My first impression was "the plumbing is too small" but then I saw that huge res and that changed my whole attitude.

I can see you are in some kind of trade maybe? Excellent use of fittings and couplers. My first impression was "the plumbing is too small" but then I saw that huge res and that changed my whole attitude.

yes I'm an EE, and its considered a profession over here. The tubing is 8x6mm polyurathane. The fittings are MetalWork (company) pushfit which are used for compressed air upto 200 PSI. Ive been using them with potable water for years and noone has complained. I dont know why people dont use these pushfit connectors, they are a lot more reliable than using a sping clip over a hose tail as is the convention with watercooling. Its possible to get 14mm OD pushfit tubing / conectors, from SMC at least, but that for air as well.

I was going to use 6x4mm PU tubing but I did some maths and looked at the flow rate of the pump and decided that 8x6mm would suit me all the way up to 400w of heat at 50c. The pump is the only thing really holding the system back, but since I want it silent, and im sure the EMI/EMF from a 3 phase 1Kw motor inside my case would "dissagree" with the CPU, but never mind. Im sure the noise would stop me first.

The res is the main part of it. Since water and glycol do such a good job at taking in all that heat, I wanted a lot of it. Such a good job and so much of it, infact I can run it for a few hours without turning the fans on. the natural convention over the radiator and the heat lost into the air with the large surface area of the stainless steel. Granted the water gets to the temperature where one would consider pouring the contents into a bath.

Hi guys,

Excellent thread. I've been following it quietly for sometime.

I have this case on order and I will be starting my next building project once I have decided on all the components.

I was wondering if the Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler on a ATX motherboard will fit inside this case. The cooler is rather large.

Many thanks

It's hard to make the silver, look as good as the black version.
Sry for the poor quality of my pictures, but Im only having my cellphone atm.

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

sigh, I remember when I first took mine out of the box, now it's so dusty and there are scratches all over the place. :(

Here's the innerds of "the beast".

All holes are cut, wtih a cheap chineese version of a dremel.
The fan at the grill, is the original Lian li fan.
The grill is from an old power supply. :)
The window glas, is from an old clock I never got to use.
The 120mm radiator is also one I had laying around.
The temp. unit is from a TT line, which has gotten some mods. It was quite cheap ,and came with my reservoir.
The grill on the top was about 6euros used, and the 240mm radiator was 20 Euros.

So it hasnt been an expensive mod, evnethough the coolingheads, and pump did cost me some.

my.php

Well, my water is getting to 30degress celsius, but im lacking 2*120mm fans in my top radiator.

They will come in a week, or 2 maybe. it's a working progress atm.

My cpu is clocked from [email protected] atm, since my NB is getting very hot, cus' of the lacking air from the cpu cooler.

My board is a P5K, with passive NB cooling.

where can i get some silver aluminum feet that have rubber bottoms to prevent slipping?

Surreality:
CPU: Intel E8600 @ 4.75 ghz // Coolit Freezone Elite
Motherboard: Asus P45 Maximus Formula II
GPU: ATI 4870 512mb DDR5 @ 800mhz / 4000mhz
RAM: 2 x 2GB DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1081 // Dominator RAM Fan
Case: Lian Li PC-A05 with window by PerformancePCs
3DM06 OC'ed: Top Secret =P

This is my project. I fit a custom Freezone Elite in my PCA05b, and overclocked to 4.75ghz. =]

I'm known as se7enfears @ slizone forums. Some of you guys might know me from there. Please comment on thoughts.

2008_09_29_Logan_0023-Edit.jpg

2008_09_29_Logan_0073-Edit.jpg

2008_09_29_Logan_0055-Edit.jpg

2008_09_29_Logan_0034-Edit.jpg

2008_09_29_Logan_0064-Edit.jpg

Media PC:
CPU: Intel E2200 @ 3.15 ghz // Zalman 9700 Fanless
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35
GPU: Sapphire HD3870 Toxic Vapor Cooled
RAM: 2 x 1GB Corsair Dominator 1066
Case: Lian Li PC-A05
3DM06 OC'ed: 11279

This is my media center PC.

whoops, wrong pics. let me grab some.

what are you wondering? I had to cut the floppy drive bay a bit, but otherwise it fit great.

Idle temps @ 17C coolant: 20C
Load temps 32C

For those who didn't look at the previous page, here's a teaser:

2008_09_29_Logan_0035-Edit.jpg

i got a question for those that change the power/reset button. if you just change the power button does the reset not work anymore? im assuming you have to remove the green board to use the vandal switch. Also do you have to cut a bigger hole for the reset to use a vandal switch?

I turn to this thread after countless hours of search. Does anybody know where I can get IEC cable in the case? I just want that cable.

ha ha I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. Basically power cable in the case that you plug in to PSU and other end is routed to back of the case and screwed in to it.

DIY, from some old PSU and a power cable? The one in A05 isn't much more advanced than that;)

@antok86

dsc_1126yu1.jpg

The hole for the powerbutton fits perfect. Only the hole for the resetbutton needs to be drilled bigger.

@antok86

dsc_1126yu1.jpg

The hole for the powerbutton fits perfect. Only the hole for the resetbutton needs to be drilled bigger.

ok cool yea i plan on putting 16mm on the reset and power..do you have the power light and hard drive activity on the switches? i want to still use the regular activity lights and just have the lights on the power and reset to be lit steady, if thats not possible ill want the activity lights to be used by the ones on the switches . why are the two linked? thanks

The leds are linked, because I still use the original activity leds and the leds from the bulgin are always on. Like you want to do it. :D

The leds are linked, because I still use the original activity leds and the leds from the bulgin are always on. Like you want to do it. :D

oh sweet...no resistor or anything right? im a total noob at this....is that just regular 18gauge hookup wire? did you have to cut the case so the buttons dont keep the front panel from closing?

Back