i got a brand new 4850 and it is lagging up

940guy

Limp Gawd
hey all i have got a new xfx 4850 1gb and when i play cod 4 it lags up and just around a lot any thoughs I have tried to reseat the card?

got the card 2 days ago and not attempted to over clock it

windows 7 but when i updated to 9.9 it seemed to be worse.

this may sound weird but in ccc it tells me the memiry clock is at like 900 or so when on xfx's website it tells me it is suposed to be at 1986 ~2100

What's the rest of your system specs and the resolution you're gaming at? Provided you don't have any major underlying bottlenecks like CPU or an obscenely high-resolution monitor (think 2650x1600), then you should be getting smooth frames on that game.

i have a AMD anthlon x2 5000 overclocked to 3.06 and 4 gb of ram 22 inch at 1680X1050

Sorry, just read it... did you check a few settings on COD4?

Example:
Disable vertical sync
Dual card disabled
etc.

ati.jpg

http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/graphiccards/hd 4000series/4850.aspx#2
every thing look alright?

Could this be bottle necking it because the cpu usage is at 100% now when i play a game?

Is it lagging up at the first few minutes of a game?

It happens all the time on my crap ISP (Surewest, rural edition!), but after 1 round it always clears up.

I don't know why, but I thought it was graphical lag for the longest time! (because everything I do lags).

Also, check to see if your motherboard pushed your card into x1 mode!

Buddy plays on roughly the same specs, COD4 is fine. Did you reformat after the upgrade?

COD4 stutters like fucking crazy though for the first minute or so because god only knows why

Buddy plays on roughly the same specs, COD4 is fine. Did you reformat after the upgrade?

COD4 stutters like fucking crazy though for the first minute or so because god only knows why

ISP lag.

Since singleplayer doesn't do this (and it's more graphically intensive), I assumed it is just clients trying to find the best connection to each other?

We would like to know:

Your RAM amount, then type.

and your motherboard.

i have 2 gbs of gskill 800 and 2gb of corsair 800

mother board is a gigabyte MA78GM-sh2 ver 1.1

and i have reformatted and used most up to date drivers

Is it lagging up at the first few minutes of a game?

It happens all the time on my crap ISP (Surewest, rural edition!), but after 1 round it always clears up.

I don't know why, but I thought it was graphical lag for the longest time! (because everything I do lags).

Also, check to see if your motherboard pushed your card into x1 mode!

not the problem never had this happen before on the 9600gt untill i upgraded

Uninstall all nvidia drivers, then just use window 7's default drivers.

I'm assuming you are using Windows 7 64 bit, so:
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/windows-7-64bit

are the official ATi drivers for your card.

Download the display driver only, (but that is just me, as I don not like CCC), and you should be good to go.

If not, then check your BIOS to see if your IGP (Radeon 3200) is interfering in anyway (Hybrid Crossfire, etc) or is enabled in any way possible.

Past this, I'm lost, just reset your BIOS.

The only thing I can think of at this point is your computer's motherboard forcing your card into x1 or x4 mode, where a bottleneck will be noticeable.

Go to guru3d.com and download driver cleaner. Go to safe mode, run driver cleaner and clean all graphic drivers. Reboot, instal 9.9, reboot and then try again.

Seriously, check if your BIOS has enabled Hybrid Crossfire with your 4850 (since your mobo has a 3200 built in), or ANY settings for the 3200 could of enabled it at all.

just did and i disabled the onboard vga and still same problem

so should i just reset the bios?

and when running a game that games take up all the cpu usage

Then.. reset your BIOS?

Also, if that is not an option, download GPU-z and let us see!
If yor card is defective, it should show up here.

Back