I got a 6800GT for free!

creedAMD

2[H]4U
I have to build myself a new CAD workstation for the company I work for, I told my boss jokingly, mind if I throw a video card in there for me for putting the computer together on my own time? Boss said "sure" enjoy yourself. He thought I was nuts for wanting a $400 video card. lol. But WOOHOO!!! Should be here tomorrow, I got the BFG 6800GT OC from compuplus.

I know technically it's not free since I have to put my own work computer together, but I love putting a new system together as well, win win!!! I'll post some pics when I get it in.

I guess I know how I am charging for my next system build.

creedAMD said:
I know technically it's not free since I have to put my own work computer together

yeah but your labor to yourself is free and seeing since you're getting an awesome video card out of the deal, I'd say you're well ahead of the game.

congrats. :)

Rizen said:
Your boss is awesome.

Yeah when the bastard isn't yelling at me about a deadline, lol. This makes up for it though, I may give him some "CHEW MY ASS FOR FREE" cards. hehe

ozziegn said:
yeah but your labor to yourself is free and seeing since you're getting an awesome video card out of the deal, I'd say you're well ahead of the game.

congrats. :)

That's the way I see it! I can't wait!

Thanks!

Didn't you just switch back to nvidia recently as well?

I'm doing the same thing!

Building a file server for my work on my own time... I'll have to put some of my own money in though to get an XT-PE.

I just got confirmation! It has shipped! It shipped out of new york earlier today I'm in virginia, what's the chance of getting it tomorrow? I have 2nd day air.

This ur boss "CHEW MY @SS OUT FOR FREE" ay........Your fired!

Now return the card to me :D

Sweet

creedAMD said:
Didn't you just switch back to nvidia recently as well?

yup, I sure did.

I was originally gonna go with an X800 Pro just cuz I've been an ATi fanboy for the last year or so but I must admit that the 6800 GT's incredible O/Cing abilities with its 16 pipelines makes it a FAAAAARRRRR better value over the X800 Pro IMO.

creedAMD said:
I just got confirmation! It has shipped! It shipped out of new york earlier today I'm in virginia, what's the chance of getting it tomorrow? I have 2nd day air.

sorry bud but you arent getting the card 'til Monday if it went out today via 2nd day.

NOTD665 said:
May I touch you?

with a smartass comment like that you're not worthy enough to touch 3 week old bread. :rolleyes:

now leave the man alone and let him enjoy his happiness.

ozziegn said:
with a smartass comment like that you're not worthy enough to touch 3 week old bread. :rolleyes:

where'd that come from?

NOTD665 said:
May I touch you?

Hoping a little luck might rub off? Sure, just don't grab my ass, I have a instant reflex of a Karate Kid Swan Kick. lol

lorcani said:
Wow, where do you work? A small place or a large corporation?

Small but growing developer, I do commercial and residential design in autocad and of course all of the IT. I was in a large corporation making a decent salary and was asked how much to bring me on board, I threw a ridulous amount on him thinking that would get rid of him, and he jumped right on it. He payed for me to take some classes in building methods and drafting. It's great work.

creedAMD said:
I was in a large corporation making a decent salary and was asked how much to bring me on board, I threw a ridulous amount on him thinking that would get rid of him, and he jumped right on it.
Hahah.
"$125,000, my own private business jet, and a camel."
"Hmm.. We can only get llamas."
"That'll be fine." :D

Enjoy the card.

ozziegn said:

Aww, I'm hurt. :(

NOTD665 said:
Aww, I'm hurt. :(

dont be hurt. just be happy for the man cuz he's getting an awesome video card for $free$ which is something that all of us would want.

(hell, I damn sure know I would considering I just plunked 400+ bones on mine. :( )

ozziegn said:
dont be hurt. just be happy for the man cuz he's getting an awesome video card for $free$ which is something that all of us would want.

(hell, I damn sure know I would considering I just plunked 400+ bones on mine. :( )

Ozzy, I would have probably forked up the cash if it didn't fall into my lap. This card has been getting better and better with each review. How's your card doing for you? Meet your expectations?

like one of the missions of Mafia

"You Lucky Bastard"

:p

anyway, you surely going to enjoy the card,

I was going to get one, but I am migrating to notebook ( I am waiting for the mobile version to be announced, long wait I know)

Damn, I put my own work computer together and of 2 other coworkers in my department.

And what my boss told me was, "There better not be anything else on the order!"

Enjoy. :)

speaking of getting cool stuff from work, I have almost convinced my school to get an alienware computer for video editing and for all the people that say alienware is a rip off I dont care since they were going to get a computer from compaq if i did not intervene

mcravenufo said:
Damn, I put my own work computer together and of 2 other coworkers in my department.

And what my boss told me was, "There better not be anything else on the order!"

Enjoy. :)

Hehe.. I just preordered Doom3 today as well, I think I'm set for some gaming goodness.

creedAMD said:
How's your card doing for you? Meet your expectations?

I'm lovin' this little b*tch as each day passes on.

the card has certainly met my expectations and some. its actually pretty cool getting 100+ FPS with UT2004 while running @ 1600X1200 with all the eye candy turned half way up.

heck, you really dont need much AA/AF when you run at such high resolutions but it certainly doesnt hurt. :p

Back