I finally found the G.Skill post about the AMD Ryzen 2k series X470 Memory

Lumpus

Limp Gawd
https://www.gskill.com/en/press/view/g-skill-announces-new-specifications-for-amd-ryzen™-2000-series-processors-and-x470-platform
"Buyers should look for an "X" as the last letter in a G.Skill memory kit to know that it’s been validated to work on AMD’s desktop platforms."

I'm leaning towards the -3400 Sniper X, simply for the slightly faster timings than the Trident Z...

But has anyone done any actual system builds yet with these on new X470 boards with 2600X/2700X?
I'm curious if -3600 is nearly immediately working without tweaks or if -3400 (or -3200) is still safer.
Also, has it been figured out if these are in fact Samsung b-Dies and not Hynix chips?

I should have included this too above...

Attachments

• GSkill.jpg
    GSkill.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 0
2700X, G-skill 3600 CL17 Trident-Z RGB works out of the box, no problems. Haven't tried tweaking it any more yet.

The timings on these new "+X" kits imply they might not be B-die. Their first set of Trident "+X" kits were obviously relabeled existing kits of B-die that had supposedly been tested with Ryzen. The Flare X at least got a new heatsink design but seems to be B-die only at higher timings anyways.

No idea why they are doing this, all of their actual B-die kits have been very good on Ryzen. The main limiter for the 1xxx was the IMC and motherboard+BIOS, not the ram itself. 3200C14-14-14 and similar from G-skill or Team have been the only good fast ram options for AMD since launch: Buy Smart, Buy B-Die! Its also the only ram type that clocks 4000++ on intel too.

Back